“One of the best attractions in chiangmai” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$926*
and up
6-Day Northern Thailand Tour: Ayutthaya...
Ranked #3 of 17 Attractions in Mae Rim
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Zoos & Aquariums
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
7 attraction reviews
“One of the best attractions in chiangmai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I would say the elephant ride which cost 800baht for 2pax is really wotthwhile. Riding into the jungle n with the smell of elephant dung all around, its smething u cant find in a city.

Feeding of elephant is also allowed with buying of banana+sugar canes at 40baht. You may also snap a pic wit the elephants who will coil their trunks around you. However please do not hold the bunch of bananas near the elephant as they will jz snatch it frm your hand. Each elephant is being assign to an owner which makes it quite interrsting.u will also get to witness the owners bathing their elephants in the river.

After tht its elephant show,u will be amazed how smart these elephants are.they can kick football, throw darts and even paint. Their painting is unbelievable n one may purchase it.

Overall a very great experience with just 250 baht for entrance tix

london
8 attraction reviews
“amazing elephants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went on an elephant ride at this place it was fantastic.We loved every minute of it.These elephants can paint we watched them.They also sell their paintings.you can watch them bathe they love it.Got a nice big kiss from an elephant,this is a must see place.

Visited October 2012
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Very Entertaining - But Only Use CASH !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Wife & I Decided To Take A Trip To The 'Maesa Elephant Camp' While We Were In Chiang Mai. Very Glad We Did So - They Are Such Amazing Creatures And Although I Am Not A Big Fan Of Animals In Captivity, This Is Probably A Safer Place For These Amazing Creatures Right Now. I Would Highly Recommend This Attraction To Anyone But Be Careful When Paying For Merchandise - Using A Credit Card Is VERY Risky As Your Account May Be Compromised !! (Only Location I Used My Credit Card While In Thailand And THEY GOT ME !!). Also - I Did Go For A Ride And It Was Pretty Amazing But I Felt Like A Real Jerk When The Trainer Told Us It Was The 5th Trip Of The Day For The Elephant And She Was VERY Tired. For The Most Part Though, The Elephants Do Seem To Be Treated Very Well And I Would Not Hesitate To Go Back - I'll Just Skip The Ride And Keep The Credit Card In My Pocket Next Time !!

Visited January 2013
Faugeres, France
6 attraction reviews
“An amazing Experience on a very large elephant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We loved the elephant camp. It was a bit touristy but it was very well organised and clean and the show was fun. All of the elephants appeared happy and there was a great atmosphere.If you get there a bit early you will see three elephants bathing in the river and rolling in the water - adorable!. We chose to ride over the mountain to the long necked tribe village, and the most enormous elephant took us there.We thoroughly enjoyed the ride through the jungle and the mahoot took some great photos of us on our giant beast!It was a great experience which we will never forget.

Visited November 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Great outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was nervous going here, fearful that I would see animals doing things that were unnatural and seeing them being treat in a way that might distress me. How wrong I was, this is an amazing place, the elephants seemed to delight in their tasks. When they played football one ball bounced of it's foot and he stuck out his back leg to get the ball!! Their art work was better than anything I could do. We visited baby elephants and fed them bananas. We watched the elephants bathing. The best bit was the elephant ride, so calm, high up in the trees. All of the elephants were well treated. It was a special day.

Visited January 2013