We had our wedding here on 5th January 2013. It was a fantastic environment for a wedding - even though it was cold outside. The day was better than we could have ever imagined. Our wedding co-ordinator (Jill) made things go extremely smoothly, letting us know when we needed to be here or there and what was going on.The food was delicious - although we chose a single menu for everyone - it felt so much more than that. Nobody could fault the service or the food.
As we booked the venue before any rooms had gone we had exclusive use of the building which made it more special.
The rooms are all different in layout, which adds to the flavour of the place. Lovely beds and big chunky bedding that you can get lost in, together with tea & coffee facilities and bottled water.
There is a spa in the other building which we could have used but didn't really have the time (I was a bit busy!) so I can't comment on it, but I'm sure it's top notch like the rest of it.
The next morning breakfast was just as lovely as the meal previous. The hot food eggs, sausages, bacon etc. were constantly topped up, and a range of cereals, pastries etc. with tea & coffee on tap! It was clear nobody wanted to leave to the point that housekeeping began when we were still all talking - our fault not theirs!! We just wanted to repeat the day before.
All in all I can thoroughly recommend Prested Hall for a wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With contemporary style and comfort within an historic listed country house, this privately owned hotel sits discreetly amid 75 acres of Essex parkland, within 30 minutes of Stansted Airport. Partly surrounded by a moat, Prested Hall offers 15th and 18th century interiors, stunning Art Nouveau decor and elegant 1930s extensions. With 15 attractive en suite rooms and an adjacent health club,with additional serviced (Peresteda) apartments, the owners of Prested Hall have attempted to create a place of quality, where comfort, style and relaxation exist without cold formality. Hotel guests will find helpful staff, and attention to detail, with fresh flowers throughout the house, along with books to browse through, DVDs to borrow, real coffee in the rooms and, always, the pleasure of being away from city stress amid beautiful surroundings. Situated just off the A12, a 5 minute drive from Kelvedon station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Prested Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prested Hall Colchester
- Prested Hall Hotel Colchester
- Prested Hall Hotel Feering/Colchester