“Very attentive staff” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1926 812202
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
King's Head is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Andy & Julz Judd welcome you to The King's Head. January 2012 - Present.The Kings Head is situated on the edge of the beautiful village of Napton on the Hill, Warwickshire and close to the Oxford Canal network. Here at The Kings Head we are committed in providing each and every guest with a warm, hospitable service, together with good quality food with an unpretentious price tag. Due to the increasing popularity of The Kings Head, we advise advanced bookings for any lunchtime or evening but especially so at weekends. Telephone bookings only. We are very proud to produce all of our products ourselves and whilst our busy chefs work very, very hard to prepare and produce each individual dish with the minimum delay,at prime/busy times this is sometimes inevitable.The Kings Head also offers an Excellent Catering and/or Mobile Bar Service for all Events, please feel free to contact Andy Judd (Proprietor & Head Chef) to discuss any enquiry you may have.If you would like to hear more about The Kings Head, why not like us on Facebook (The Kings Head Napton).
Banbury
“Very attentive staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

First time my wife and I had dined there , there was 6 of us , 2 had been before.
The food was was very good and fresh, there was only one vegi option on the menu but when we asked 3 more dishes were offered which is quite amazing!
Would go again , hopefully soon!

Visited December 2013

“Great service, lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Visited here with friends for a meal. The menu has a good variety of dishes, unless you are vegetarian where if you also do not eat fish you have no choice. We had three courses and the food was good throughout the meal. My only complaint would be my chips were only tepid, which meant I only ate a few before they were cold. Service was very good throughout the meal. The setting is very nice with plenty of tables to accommodate a busy night. My only suggestion would be to expand the vegetarian options.

Visited November 2013
Lowestoft, England, United Kingdom
“What a pleasant surprise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We only went by accident, last time we went 9 years ago we were not impressed, but Thursday we were traveling down the S Oxford canal and needed something to eat, it was the only place we knew was open so at 7-30 we walked up. The place was so busy we got the last table. I knew it was a Hooky pub so was not bothered by the beer and seeing how full it was started to get good feelings about the food.
We sat down and a young lady brought our drinks and menus across. The menu looked very impressive with a wide choice of dishes.
We started with a shared starter, there was more than enough for two. I followed on with a steak dish and my wife had place parcels which came with home made Croquettes mine with a bucket of fat chips. The meals were just great, they not only talked a good job, they did a good job.
It will be less than 9 years before we return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Daventry
“This is Pub Dining at its Best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My mate and I called here (having previously booked) one Thursday evening at 6.30. Good job we took heed of all the folks who advised us to book, as the place got very busy very quickly - and I'm not surprised!

We received a very friendly welcome from a young man at the reception, who showed us to a table of our choosing and took our drinks order. No sooner had he disappeared off to get them - there he was back again, complete with drinks! The dining room is nicely furnished with wooden tables and a mix of high and low back "faux" leather chairs - very comfortable. The room, I would guess, has been recently refurbished with the vaulted ceiling and its beams retained.

The menu is extensive - which never sits well with me as I wonder how any chef can cope with too many options - and contained some real innovative gems, such as pulled pork terrine with pickle, fried onions and pancakes. I couldn't resist this for my starter, and my pal chose the homemade scotch egg with brioche soldiers. Both were delicious! However, the pork might have been better with apple sauce as the pickle was just a tad sharp for my taste aand I don't think it was homemade either. Never mind, nicely served and well presented!

On to the main courses of homemade beefburger and assorted trimmings for my chum and a rib eye (medieum rare) for me with chips and salad (instead of peas - no problem). My steak was cooked to perfection and the chips superb. the salad was nicely dressed and the garnish of mushrooms and tempura-style onion rings was terrific. My pal's beefburger was equally well received.

We were then persuaded to share a pud - Bailey's cheesecake. Lovely presentation and my friend dubbed it excellent although I didn't try it as I really cannot stand Bailey's.

The staff, despite a large birthday party having arrived, were attentive and efficient throughout. All in all - well worth a visit - but heed the warnings as we did - reserve your seats to avoid disappointment!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Having eaten here lots of time, it is evident that these people put in a great deal of hard work. All the food is freshly prepared and cooked.
The level of service is always excellent. We usually have the steak and can honestly say the food is always enjoyable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere