“Fab weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Congresbury
Hampshire, England
“Fab weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This lovely hotel is set in tranquil surroundings. Check-in was a breeze. Our room was beautifully located with a fantastic view, it was clean, spacious and well designed. The Gym and Swimming Pool facilities were free and excellent. Our evening meal in the hotel restaurant was very good as was the breakfast.

I would happily stay here again!

Room Tip: Go for a room at the front on one of the top floors.

1,203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Greek first
Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel looks beautiful, the rooms are very nicely decorated, very modern, very clean. It was just let down by the functionality. It took me 10 min to find my room, the signage around the hotel wasn't very clear, and the lift doesnt state which level reception is on so it took me another 10 mins to find my way out. The heating in the room wasn't great - it wa cold when I arrive so I turned the thermostat up as high as it would go (26) and set it to "heat". When nothing happened after half an hour I called reception and was told that the highest it would go is 24, any higher and it reverts to 18. I put it at 24 which did warm up for a while but it was nowhere near 24. I had to ask for an electrical heater and sleep with 2 duvets. There was also no hair dryer in the room, although the front desk were prompt in bringing me one.

All in all it was a good stay, and is a beautiful hotel, good value for money. It was just let down by these few niggling frustrations.

In a positive note, I had a back massage in the spa and it was possibly the best massage I've ever had. Food was nice too, and quick.

• Stayed March 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had our daughters wedding at cadbury house.Arrived with our daughter on the thursday the day before the wedding.From the moment we arrived we felt at ease,having bombarding the receptionest with questions about the wedding,she gave us reasurence that all requests would be meet where ever possible { they were}We cannot thank all the staff, wedding coordinaters enough for all their hard and dedicated commitment to ensure our daughers wedding was perfect.
I would not hesitate but to recommend this hotel for any occasion,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here before on a rewards stay which makes it excellent value. Close to Bristol which has some new shops now, dock are good and SS Great Britain. University area good and Clifton suspension bridge. A Brunel experience.

Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

we got married here two years ago and couldnt fault the service then, however with all the family to see and excitement of the day we felt that we didnt really get a change to enjoy the hotel. So we booked in again - and even treated ourselves to a loft appartment room like we had for the wedding. we felt truly spoilt through out our stay.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

A friend bought group on vouchers for tea with fizz. A lovely idea. Thanks to my friend. It turned out to be tea in the sports club where people were wearing robes! A little off putting when wanting to consume naughty nibbles. But the team were great catering for our dietary needs. They gladly reworked the tea and made it gluten free and tea was lovely - chamomile flowers for me. It was good value for the offer price but I wouldn't have paid full price. Go if you aren't put off your food by the near undressed!

• Stayed February 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as the pictures looked lovely despite some comments which I read. I was aware of the hotel being more expensive then others but this was not a issue as you got to pay the price for luxury..Paying the price I did and then to find the issues with just checking me in to my room had annoyed me! DELAYS and a huge que!! Whilst in the room everything looked lovely and smelt fresh UNTIL I noticed a stain by the sofa bed, I then pushed the sofa bed out and was amazed at the level of dust and the Hair clips I found. I don't complain normally and I did not want to waste my time in calling reception to let them know my findings. However on checkout I did advise the receptionist who didnt seem to have much interest.

Breakfast in the morning was not brilliant and everyone just looked busy, I could have cooked a breakfast better!!

I have stayed at many other Doubletree hotels and my experiences have been brilliant.

Overall to sum up I wont be coming back here and do advise this hotel management team to make some changes to its operations!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House? Share your experiences!