“1hour quick work shop” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: This cookery school is a must for chocoholics and anyone who enjoys creating or cooking. Learn how to enrobe, make fresh cream hand rolled truffles, moulded fondant creams, easter eggs, chocolate Christmas baubles, coloured chocolate hens ..... The list is endless. Choose from 1, 2 or 3 hour classes and expect to package and personalise your products to take home something that looks exactly as if it came from a professional chocolate shop! Tutored chocolate tastings are also available and these can be taken to any venue, hotel or office if you are a large group who can't get out to the workshop in Congresbury.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“1hour quick work shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I organised a 1 hour quick workshop for 2 adults and 1child. March 22nd 2014. W arrived and were greeted by Lisa. Our lesson began on time and the example of what we would make looked very impressive.

My first thoughts were. This was not going to be good, I will not be able to achieve this in one day let alone one hour.

Lisa convinced us it was possible, she was so write. It turned out to be the best hour I've spent in ages. My finished chocolate box complete with truffles, sits proudly on my dresser awaiting presentation to mum on Mothering Sunday.

Thank you so much, we are looking forward to seeing you again soon. As will be booking this venue for my 10 year old daughters birthday party later this year.

Allison

Visited March 2014
Lisa C, Owner at The Chocolate Tart, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hi Alison, I could see that you were worried when you arrived that you were going to leave with a disastrous creation! But as I promised you....I am the teacher and you left with something that i know you were extremely proud of!! Well done!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“A wonderful experience making Chocolates at the Chocolate Tart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I was lucky enough to be given a voucher to come and learn how to make hand made chocolates! It was the best present I've ever had! We learnt so much and Lisa was a great teacher. We packaged everything that we made in little boxes and sachets and we could even wrap our chocolates in coloured foils if we wanted to. The rest of the class were lovely like minded people and we were all allowed to eat as much as we liked - as long as we promised to keep a secret to the outside world who ate the most!! My family couldn’t believe that I had made all of the chocolates I was showing off to them - I really was so proud of my chocolates. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who loves cooking or making things. It was a total escape from reality and such a great and unusual present idea.

Visited February 2014
Lisa C, Owner at The Chocolate Tart, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hi Amy, I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your class with us. See you again soon!
Bath, United Kingdom
“50th Birthday treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My wife and I attended the Retro Chocolate Making Course to celebrate her 50th birthday. The timing couldn't have been better, as the weekend we managed to book it was the day after Valentines day.
The course is extremely well organised and after three hours we went away with a wonderful selection of high quality chocolate goodies that looked really professional, including the packaging.

Lisa, the chocolatier, calmly and confidently guided us all through the process of making sea salted caramel truffles, a moulded chocolate figure (I made a scotty dog and my wife made a heart), classic orangettes and knackali. There was also plenty of chocolate for us to eat as we went along!

It was a thoroughly enjoyable morning and I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Visited February 2014

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Lisa C, Owner at The Chocolate Tart, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hello Nigel, we felt honoured that you chose our chocolate school as part of your wifes 509th B Day celebrations. Thank you for making the journey from Bath. I hope you enjoyed showing off/eating all of your chocolates.