“Not what it could be” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Not what it could be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We went out last night to eat here, sat down at a table and ordered our food only to be told the table was reserved (although there was no sign on it) and moved to another table. The table next to us (who had also ordered) was also moved. I chose the warm chicken and bacon salad which, when it arrived, turned out to be a stir fry on leaves with loads of stir fry sauce. Not impressed.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Such a menu, could have eaten anything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Several times a year we go out with friends because we don't want to cook. Fancied somewhere new not too far from Yeovil. Long time since we had been here. Where do I start. An extensive tapas menu. I just couldn't choose. Sent the charming lady waitress away once just because I wanted everything. Everyone was happy with their meals. Huge portions. I won't suggest anything because we all were delighted with our choices.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Somerset UK
“Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great village pub with friendly staff and excellent food albeit not the cheapest, but the quality is there. Some of the best fish & chips I've ever had. There is a specials menu as well as the standard one and although not much vegetarian choice they did say they would happily cook other dishes eg risotto/pasta if preferred to what was listed. Recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maldon, United Kingdom
“Don't go here if you have a good appetite”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were in the area with family and decided to eat at the local. Firstly, not the most friendly of places, we were looked up and down as we approached the place. The menu selection was very limited. My husband and I both chose the lamb casserole with plums and brandy. It arrived in a pot which didn't look too bad until you tipped it out of the pot and found 6 very small pieces of lamb, 5 pieces of plum and and whole plate full of gravy! I am not a big eater, but I could have eaten both portions quite easily, and for this they charged £14.95. The price would have not been too bad, if there had been a decent quantity. Certainly can't see this is a place we will visit again under any circumstances.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Not as expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Arriving and getting past what I assumed to be local's checking you out I found the inside not as I expected from the web site. Not a great selection of ales and then onto the food, which was expensive for pub food of this standard, not a great selection. The Ham I dish I selected was I expect not staight from the bone but more likely produced in a factory. not likley to visit again unless I am desperate as there are many more places in the area offering better value and standard.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere