It was spur of the moment for us and we're so glad we came here. First and foremost, this is a very PRICEY resort. In terms of cost, it is of USD or Euro standards (but still on the pricey side I think). But if one is willing to spend extra $$$, it is well worth it. We even went overboards and booked a Palm Villa room for ourselves and Ocean view for my parents who came along for the trip. The rooms are wonderful. Both rooms were very nice, clean and the decor is contemporary. The Palm Villa is huge with separate sitting area and a deck that opens out to the "ocean blue". Very private (just the way we like it). Perfect spot for those who love snorkelling.
The resort grounds are well-kept and the staff are very friendly. The beach area is very small, but we didn't need to spend our time there as we had our own private plunge pool & a deck that one can jump straight into the ocean blue:) The resort does have a nice size pool. There are 2-main restaurants in the ground; The Alu Alu and Macac. Very good food (but again, quite expensive). I think they had the best Tom Yam soup my husband and I have ever tasted! (that's the Alu Alu restaurant).
I'd definitely recommend the place if you're willing to spend extra the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gayana Eco Resort rests serenely at the edges of Gaya Island off the coast of Borneo. 52 over water villas designed to enhance the soothing sounds of the surf, while capturing the enduring vistas of Mt. Kinabalu on the distant horizon. At its heart is about protecting and re-generating our precious Marine Ecology, and the only property to feature its own Marine Ecology Research Centre propagating Giant Clams and restoring damaged coral reefs. Striking the perfect balance of forward thinking ecology and indulgent luxury which pampers both the body and the enlightened soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Gayana Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gayana Eco Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Gayana Resort
- Gayana Eco Resort Malaysia/Pulau Gaya