I was a bit anxious when i saw photos floating around of garbage in the ocean. I think that might have been after a storm though because when we went, the ocean looked great! We paid extra for an ocean-facing villa and though it is dear, it is totally worth it (I don't really see the point in a jungle-facing one). The deck went straight into the ocean and we spent most of our time on the deck, just sunbaking or ducking in for a swim. The villa itself was very luxurious and comfortable. We ate at both restaurants at the resort and also enjoyed sundown cocktails (first one free) at the bar.
- Also Known As:
- Gayana Eco Hotel
- Gayana Eco Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Gayana Resort
- Gayana Eco Resort Malaysia/Pulau Gaya
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gayana Eco Resort rests serenely at the edges of Gaya Island off the coast of Borneo. 52 over water villas designed to enhance the soothing sounds of the surf, while capturing the enduring vistas of Mt. Kinabalu on the distant horizon. At its heart is about protecting and re-generating our precious Marine Ecology, and the only property to feature its own Marine Ecology Research Centre propagating Giant Clams and restoring damaged coral reefs. Striking the perfect balance of forward thinking ecology and indulgent luxury which pampers both the body and the enlightened soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Gayana Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.