We chose Gaya Island, off the coast of KK in Sabah, Borneo, as the venue for our July 2010 "destination" wedding. We - and our 60 guests - stayed at Gayana Eco Resort for the majority of our stay ... but were married on the beach at Bunga Raya Island Resort (owned by the same people), just around the bay. We were transported by boat between the two.
Gayana was FABULOUS ... beautiful over-water bungalows, clean and picturesque pool, gorgeous tropical flowers/ gardens and lovely staff who knew most of us by name after only a few hours. Very personal service and an overall fantastic experience. Cannot recommend highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gayana Eco Resort rests serenely at the edges of Gaya Island off the coast of Borneo. 52 over water villas designed to enhance the soothing sounds of the surf, while capturing the enduring vistas of Mt. Kinabalu on the distant horizon. At its heart is about protecting and re-generating our precious Marine Ecology, and the only property to feature its own Marine Ecology Research Centre propagating Giant Clams and restoring damaged coral reefs. Striking the perfect balance of forward thinking ecology and indulgent luxury which pampers both the body and the enlightened soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Gayana Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gayana Eco Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Gayana Resort
- Gayana Eco Resort Malaysia/Pulau Gaya