Beautiful spot, very nice beach and resort is very pretty. We definitely preferred it to Shangri La. The problem is that you pay 5 star prices for average service and you get very mediocre food. The saving grace is that sister hotel Gayana has a nice seafood/Chinese restaurant, so eat there, food is pretty good. We had tiger grouper - amazing! also order seafood beancurd at Gayana!
Breakfast at Bunga Raya was good and chicken satay is good for lunch... skip all the other food at Bunga Raya to avoid disappointment.
If Bunga Raya is not fully booked, ask for a room with a sea view, they have those even in the cheapest category.
And do not expect good snorkeling!
- Also Known As:
- Bunga Raya Island Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Bunga Raya Island Resort And Spa
- Bunga Raya Island Hotel
- Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa Malaysia/Pulau Gaya
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As sensual and exotic as the hibiscus flower that bears its name, Bunga Raya Island Resort is a luxurious jewel set on a coral reef island just off the coast of Borneo. A secluded island hideaway of 47 timbered villas, the resort is framed by white sand beach and virgin jungle. Hillside villas reflect the simplicity of the Borneo architectural style. A hilltop spa blends the finest Traditional Asian and Western treatments using restorative powers of indigenous plants and oils. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Priceline, Splendia, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, AsiaRooms, EasyToBook, MrandMrsSmith, Otel, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.