“Warmth and Ambiance” 5 of 5 stars

Strada Provinciale dell'Esse 6, 52047 Marciano della Chiana, Italy
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Lo Steccheto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Warmth and Ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Just read all the other wonderful reviews as they correctly create the visual. What we'd like to add is our impression of the sincere warmth and charm of the hosts . . . like family. The ambiance was unique, fun and comfortable. Food was creative, delicious and prepared expertly. You will love the experience and consider owner Giancarlo, wife Luana, son Marco, and server Natalie your best new friends.

• Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing - not just a meal, an experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Lo Steccheto is a beautiful rambling farmhouse about 30 minutes from Cortona. The meal we had there was one of the best we have ever had in a restaurant. From the moment we arrived, we realised we were in for an amazing experience. We were welcomed by a glass of prosecco while examining the local specialties on sale in their well-stocked specialty food shop which is part of the complex. On to the restaurant which is unique for its decoration - impossible to describe except to say that it warm and immediately welcoming. We allowed Giancarlo to choose our meal and begged for mercy there was so much. A superb antipasto - many dishes, including a particularly good Russian salad - was followed by a selection of pastas. At this stage we could have stopped but we did not turn out an amazing beefsteak. A perfect dessert of sponge, fruit and cream - featherlight - was followed by coffee and their homemade liqueurs. The staff are young and enthusiastic and the dining room is run with great calm, efficiency and warmth by the regal Luana, Giancarlo's wife. What a couple they make! We loved not just the meal but the whole experience. We will be back. Not to be missed if you are anywhere near Cortona or Arezzo or even in the Siena area.

• Visited April 2013
Sedona, Arizona
“OMG”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Rarely do you go to a resturant and enjoy everything you eat. We went to Lo Steccheto for a Sunday lunch. From the moment we walked in the door and were greeted with a glass of prosecco and an assortment of salumi and cheeses, we knew we were in for a treat! Six courses later, with an incredible amount of delicious food, we left thinking that we could never eat again!! We can't imagine a better meal or a more lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Signora Luana was charming and the owner and chef ( sorry but I forget his name) were so accomodating and we were able to choose what we wanted to eat from that day's selections. No menu here!!! And you don't want one.

And even more amazing was the price. We were stunned to find how little it cost to eat here. My husband says that Lo Steccheto is Italy's best kept secret. We are so happy that we have had the opportunity to eat at Lo Steccheto!!!

• Visited June 2013
Sacramento, California
“Experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This restaurant, and the food are not easy to describe. The owner, Giancarlo and his wife are fabulous hosts. The decor is early eclectic with every bit of space covered with collectibles from Giancarlo's travels. As fun as the atmosphere is, it is the food, presentation and overall experience that make this an unforgettable event.
The meal starts with a visit to his little bodega where he sells products from all over Italy, such as salami, prosciutto, olives, cheese, pasta, etc. Giancarlo serves you Proseco, olives, cheese and fresh cut salami. While you chat. You are the led into the see dining room where it all begins and ends three hours later! There are about six courses of freshly made servings from anti, antipasto to antipasto, to pasta to main course served with vegetables and salad. It ends with homemade dessert, followed by two types of arancia, he makes himself. WARNING: You might need to be wheeled out when done! Interestingly enough Giancarlo often stops by the table to advise that you do not have to finish everything he presents, simply eat what you can. If in Tuscany anywhere near Arezzo or Cortona area do not miss out on an opportunity to experience this culinary "event". You will never forget it!
I

• Visited May 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Cibi nostrani in atmosfera Americana. A dream within a dream ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I made the U.S. my new home away from home ... But I always miss my homecountry Italy, my family, and the city where I was born ... THIS RESTAURANT IS, FOR ME, A "DREAM WITHIN A DREAM" cause has everything I love in one place. The decor gave me memory of Hollywood, Palm Springs, Los Angeles, NYC, (Marylin Monroe Pictures, Frank Sinatra Music...); the food is absolutly gorgeous and delicious. Authentic Italian style food!!! Last but not least: The owners!!! THEY ARE GREAT! CARING and absolutly FUN/FUNNY!!! They are always there for you to make sure everything is good and on time!!! Mr. Fulgenzi (Chef) make his own spirits with natural essence of Orange, Grapefruit and more ... and they offer them at the end of the dinners. They also sell the all battle (artisianal made spirit !!! LOVE IT !!!) This people are so creative!!! You can tell from the first second you watch around the decor to the food!!! I have been a client since 2011 and I am a regular here. Cause I love the food and the intimate atmosphere. I have been in many nice restaurants around the world and this one has something special. Everything is made with love and dedication!!! I HIGHLY RECCOMEND IT !!! I LOVE IT !!! I was here last time for "the end of the world" cause I ask myself "What should I do if this was my last day on this planet?" I take my mum (I see her only once a month in a all year) and went to "Lo Stecchetto" .... to everybody that was there last night: Cheers to a "New World of health joy happiness and money $$$" You go Mr. and Mrs Fulgenzi !!! I will be back soon ...

• Visited December 2012