TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

“Wonderful stop in Playa Venture” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meson Casa de Piedra

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Ventura
You added Meson Casa de Piedra to your Saves list
Costera Antelmo Ventura S/N | Playa Casa de Piedra, Playa Ventura 41887, Mexico   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, Australia
“Wonderful stop in Playa Venture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We spent one night at Meson Casa de Piedra on our way from Troncones to Puerto Escondido. After a long drive it was wonderful to get a friendly welcome from Antonio and be shown to our room which was simple but very comfortable. The property is beautifully set out with lots of great spaces to sit and read or have a drink. We ate dinner at the restaurant which served fantastic fresh fish dishes. We would definitely recommend Meson Casa de Piedra to anyone keen on a relaxing beach holiday or looking for a restful stopover on the coast.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Playaventura, Manager at Meson Casa de Piedra, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Hi macsar,

thanks for your nice words, we appreciate your coments and hope your trip downsouth was nice as well.

We will look forward to see you soon again in Playa Ventura and wishes to have you as our guest at Meson Casa de Piedra.

Regards.

Meson Casa de Piedra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Alderney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Meson Casa de Piedra for two nights during our recent 16 night road trip down the pacific coast. We absolutely LOVED it! It is just the kind of place that we love, rustic and peaceful in almost the middle of nowhere. Antonio and Radka were fantastic and it's so nice to see people enjoying living in a place like that - AND sharing it with people like us. It felt like such a privilege to stay there and I was so glad I found it and included it in our trip. The wildness and constant roar of the ocean was quite breathtaking at times and we loved how Antonio and Radka have designed and decorated the place with lots of wonderful driftwood and shells. We had been driving a fair bit and so for our time there we just chilled out, swam, read books, drank lovely fresh margaritas and had fantastic food sitting at the gently shaded outdoor driftwood tables, all in this gorgeous rustic, simple place with the best sunsets ever. When we left Radka handed us two fresh coconuts to drink on our trip, such a lovely gesture. They just know how to do things here using what is fresh and available and just so right somehow. Definitely one of, if not THE highlight of our trip. We would love to return one day.

Room Tip: We had room 9 I think right close to the beach, loved the constant roar of the ocean, almost deafeni...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Gillidisps,

thank you for your nice words, it is really touching the way you present it!

We at Meson Casa de Piedra are just shareing what the nature borrowed to us and the postiv impresion you have is just because of the nature allowing us to adapt our human habits to it.

Lovely to hear that from you

Regards from sunny Mexico

Tepoztlan, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

It`s being so far one of my best decisions on where to spend my honey moon. Antonio, Radka and the whole crew of this place is just amazing,.. food is excellent and there is a time where you forget about the rest of the world. Absolutely recommended and seeking forward to go and see my friends again.

Regards.

Room Tip: room number 9 is the best, facing the stones and the beach.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hola Chezare21,

thanks for your nice words, To have a honey moon under this environment is really a privileg!

We hope to see you soon in this paradise and hope to have you as our guesst at Meson Casa de Piedra

Regards

Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing and simply perfect for a relaxing getaway from stress and pressure. It is very secluded and therein lies its charm. Antonio and Radka managed to provide us with a very familiar atmosphere, leaving no wishes open. They attended us with special care and after staying there for three days I really wanted to stay longer because we felt so comfortable there.
The rooms are clean and cozy and all have immediate access to the private beach. Its incredible waves and water quality, which - in combination with the hammocks, where you can dry off or sleep your siesta in - will make you forget about almost anything and allow you to disconnect and enjoy the simple things of life. Add to that a cool beer or a "Coco Loco" (a coconut cut open, filled up with rum or vodka and some sugar...DE-licious!!!) and you will have no desires to ever leave this place! We even had the privilege to enjoy the incredible flan de queso, a special version of a traditional flan with a twist. As a matter of fact we craved it so much that we ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The kitchen cook must be a magician since she managed to serve up dishes that will make you want to try just about anything on the menu. I did not know what to try first or next, because simply everything tasted so delicious.
I enjoyed my stay so much, that I did not even care about the fact that a storm had unfortunately taken out the internet connection for the entire village. Meson Casa de Piedra is at the very top of my list of places that I would recommend anybody to visit in Mexico. I will surely come back next time I'm in Mexico and miss this haven until then.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Playaventura, Manager at Meson Casa de Piedra, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Hi Phillip,

thanks for your nice comments regarding your stay in our little paradise. I apreciate your satisfaction with our recommended desert "FLAN DE QUESO" and Juana our cook is very happy about it.

We hope to see you soon again in Meson Casa de Piedra.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Run by Antonio and Radka this hotel was a real find. They have a very positive approach to life and try to make everybody feel like part of the family. Rooms were clean and the food was delicious. If you stay here you will be surrounded by nature, a lovely beach and sunsets to die for. The only thing the owners ask of their guests is to leave the stress of city life at the door. I would thoroughly recommend....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
David,

thanks a lot for your nice words, you know that Radka my wife and me are allways looking for the best way to make your stay happy and peacefull.

We will look forward to see you any time again at Meson Casa de Piedra.

regards.

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

to me, it was one of the most enjoyable vacaion experiences ever. during my trip through mexico, i heard about the meson casa de piedra by accident, while i was talking to some poeple in a hostel. they recommended me this place in a way that caught my attention! as i arrived i was amazed by the beauty of the private beach itself. everything there is very natural and exotic. my welcoming by the crew was really nice and hearty. in fact, the staff was really friendly druning my stay and interested in my individual wishes. it was a really familiar atmosphere. many times we sat together in the evenings, talking about god knows what with a cervezita in my hand. beside that fact, the whole meson is really comfortable (the rooms are very clean) and the food: delicious! the prices are absolutely fair, compared to other places i've been in mexico. eventhough my schedule is very tight, i decided to stay a couple of days longer (the owners made it possible somehow). i recommend meson casa de piedra to everyone who enjoys a breathtaking nature, very nice people who always find a story to tell and simply a lovely time in a beautiful place. i'm sure that this wasnt my last stay there: see you soon don antonio ;)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Playaventura, Manager at Meson Casa de Piedra, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hola http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/NRM2013

thanks for your nice words.

I hope you will visit us soon again. We at Meson try to make our guests stay happy while beeing with us.

The next time you will visit us, please ask for a special events, like turtles or extra expeditions.

Looking forward to see you soon back at Meson Casa de Piedra.

Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I just got back from the most magical place ever! "Meson Casa de Piedra" in Playa Ventura is heaven on earth! Although I've been there many times, the whole experience seems novel with each visit. Maybe it's the majestic beauty of the ocean (which is actually the Meson's backyard!), or its many inhabitants (whales, dolphins, and turtles…oh my!). I just love everything about this place; it's so spiritual, peaceful, and relaxing. One of the greatest delights is the brightness of the stars in the darkness of the night; when all you can hear is the sound of the crashing waves lulling you to sleep with each repetition of its sacred mantra. Not to be ignored, however, is the incredible hospitality and personalized attentions of the wonderful owners, Radka and Anton. These two amazing people make anyone feel at home at the Meson. Home cooked meals- fished fresh from the ocean daily- are definitely a plus! The truth is, when the daily routine of city life becomes tiresome; when the traffic and the smog are just too much; "Meson Casa de Piedra" is the perfect getaway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Antonioplayaventura, Manager at Meson Casa de Piedra, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hi Kelly, thanks for your nice words, we hope to see you again soon in MEXICO, (Meson Casa de Piedra). We are now finishing the new "temple" where you will be able to enjoy the sound of the waves and at the same time do what you love: Meditation & Yoga.

Thank you for visiting us!

Antonio & Radka (Meson Casa de Piedra)

Been to Meson Casa de Piedra? Share your experiences!