“Warm welcome and very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Old Blue House

The Old Blue House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chapmanslade
The Old Blue House
You added The Old Blue House to your Saves list
103 High Street, Chapmanslade, Westbury BA13 4AN, England   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Chapmanslade B&B and Inns
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome and very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We (parents and 2 teenage children) stayed here in November 2012 for one night. We had a very warm welcome. The rooms assigned to us (one room with double bed and the other room with 2 single beds both en-suite with toilet and shower) were warm, cosy and well-equipped (e.g tea-making facilities + TV). The breakfast the following day perfectly topped off our stay, with a selection of breakfasts on offer and the 'full English' option highly recommended. If I needed to stay in the area again, I'd make this my first place to check for availability.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My sister and I took my 4-year old nephew to Longleat and we stayed at the Old Blue House. We were truly impressed with the warm welcome we received, complete with rides to and from the train station and lemon cake upon arrival. Very child-friendly, complete with toys and babysitting, and even board games for the grownups. Breakfasts are great with lots of choice and home-made preserves. There are animals around, which is nice if you like them (I do). A really nice balance of a friendly welcome, without being intrusive. The village is pretty with a quality pub, but be warned there are no amenities in walking distance. We would highly recommend staying here if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Gold room has separate shower
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed here for one night on my way to Somerset with my 5 year old daughter, we were made very welcome with the nicest tasting ginger cake EVER - which Liz was kind enough to give me the recipe. My daughter loved the garden, the cat and the childrens books she was given to read. The twin room was very clean and comfortable and breakfast filled me up for the day. Will return on our next trip as it was so lovely. If you need dinner the local pub is very very good, but a little expensive - nice as a treat

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Wow! Yet again we had a amazing stay here with Liz! After a long day at longleat this is a quick drive which is what you need when you are worn out! The whole experience is excellent! Our 10 month old was welcomed with open arms! (and an open toy box!) The cake on arrival was fantasic and enjoyed by my husband! We even felt happy enough to take Liz up on her kind offer of babysitting while we went for a meal at the local pub! We slept well apart from our baby waking and even though i thought she may have woke everyone up i was reassured that she hadn't disturbed anyone! Which put my mind at ease! Breakfast was just amazing! Everything you could wish for! Nothing is too much trouble and they make everyone feel so so welcome! Thank you so so much! If you are thinking about staying here you must! You won't want to go anywhere else!

Room Tip: Any!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is the most lovely little cottage near Longleat. The rooms are cosy and beautifully decorated. The owners are very welcoming and the breakfast is just delicious (not to mention the lemon cake which we had on arrival!!).

I would definitiely recommend this B&B

: )

Room Tip: the gold room is the best one!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at The Old Blue House, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Hi Rebecca

Thank you so much for your lovely review ,very kind of you to take the time to do it.
I always say I would like to write a review about my guests,you are all great and its my pleasure
to welcome you into our home.

Best wishes Liz and Tony
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

A really great b&b, lovely garden and the best breakfast we ve had in a month of travel. Liz and Tony were great, made us feel really welcome. Lovely decor especially in the our bedroom, the twin, and the breakfast room. Nice setting too, a little out of the way but not much and very peaceful. Heartily recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012
Dunbar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed at the Old Blue House for three nights and rate it every bit as highly as previous reviewers. We couldn't have been made to feel more welcome. The room was extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean. Excellent breakfast with lots of homemade bread, jams and even the eggs when the chickens cooperate to provide them! This B&B is excellent value for money and we would definitely stay again. Thank you for a lovely stay Liz.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Old Blue House? Share your experiences!