“Worst Hotel experience of my life!” 1 of 5 stars

The Manor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Village Green, Datchet SL3 9EA, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Datchet
London, United Kingdom
“Worst Hotel experience of my life!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed with my hotel with my family, and words do not begin to describe how awful the whole experience was. I was travelling with a small child and can only describe the room given to me as a death trap! They "ugraded me" (??) to an "executive studio" that was outside of the hotel itself, across an A road and some train tracks with the most disgusting mattresses I have ever witnessed in my 4 decades of life! Needless say that we asked for a refund and left in less than an hour. I would most certainly advice people to avoid this place at all costs!

Room Tip: Avoid the "executive studios" across the train tracks like the plague! And check you matre...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Suffolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Nice location on the village green with a good pub opposite. Very pleasant 30 minute walk into Windsor. Lovely on a sunny evening. Perhaps less so in mid winter. Small room and rather uncomfortable bed due it having been sat on frequently as there is nowhere else to sit. Very clean though. Good value and I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
doncaster south yorkshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel executive room for three nights but was given a room nothing like the one on the web page.
The room we were given was next door to the hotel in an annexe.The carpet on the stairs was threadbare .
Once in the room we were shocked at how small it was and how dirty the rug was in fact it was filthy . How they can sell this as an executive room is beyond me .
The room that was shown on the web stated spacious bedroom with work station and marble bathroom none of these things were in this room.The bath was free standing in this room at the end of the bed?
So don't waste your money on this hotel .
We checked straight back out again and went to Eton just down the road and found a lovely hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Datchet hotels

Swansea
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed one night at the Manor Hotel. April , 2013.

The hotel is in a very good location, being very close to the M4 and for using the train for London and sightseeing around the surrounding area.

We paid £80 for a classic double room, described - "With standard - size beds, these are large, elegant rooms with plenty of space for luggage and suitable for double or single occupancy.
The en-suite Philippe Stack bathrooms are generous and well appointed, and several have walk-in showers."

We had checked in around 7pm, freshened up and went out again - not paying much attention to the bed etc. We returned around 10.30, and did not raise the matter with management, until we checked out in the morning.

Our room (215) was small , a 4ft bed against one wall, which led to a very cramped and uncomfortable night. I think it is suitable only for single occupancy.

The receptionist did offer a free upgrade the next time we stayed , but as that is unlikey, it was not taken up. She did say that rooms did vary. It is a shame this is not mentioned when the reservation was confirmed or when we checked in.

If you stay at this hotel, please double check when making the reservation.

Room Tip: Check size of beds !
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Peterborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Room was cosy with a freestanding bath in the middle, lovely touch and separate ensuite shower and loo. A very comfy bed meant a good nights sleep.
Food was of a high standard too. Succulent sirloin steak and the aromatic duck and noodle starter was wonderful.
My only criticism - and it may not have been the hotels fault - was that the WIFI was not working both evenings that I stayed. After a busy day, I was looking forward to being able to relax and file my days reports, which I was did, but was unable to send (Apparently BT had trouble in wider Datchet and it wasn't just the Manor Hotel affected). Otherwise 5*

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

just got back from a night in this hotel, room was small but plenty for a night stay with quick acess to windsor. taxi or train or walk in is not too far..datchets a charming village with the thames walking distance for a stroll..the hotels very cosy and breakfast was good..would recommend and we only paid £60 on last minute..bargain! as locations good. would recommend and come back if staying in Windsor.

• Stayed April 2013
surrey, Uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have stayed at the Manor twice and had 2 totally different experiences.
My first stay was in December as we booked our work Christmas Party there. I was allocated room 220 which is in short a box room! I was very disappointed as I saw some of the other rooms and the difference is massive! So room 220, top of the stairs which means you get the noise of everyone going to bed. There is not much room to move around. The room has a quirky window seat, however the window overlooks the extractor fan from the restaurant. With no air con in the room if you do have the window open you will be disturbed from 4am onwards by the noise of the fan and the smell of cooking oil. When I checked in there was no kettle in the room, only the base, the tea and coffee hadnt been replenished and the TV wouldnt work. This was sorted fairly quickly, however shouldnt have been like that in the first place. The bathroom is tiny and only has a shower.
My second visit however was completely different. This time I stayed in room 337 on the top floor which was absolutely stunning! This room has a beautiful beamed ceiling, a step down to a window seat and a large bathroom with old fashioned free standing bath and walk in shower. This room also has air conditioning. I think this is classed as an executive room so is a little more expensive but well worth it. I didnt eat breakfast on either occasion so cannot comment on that, however the bar is nice and cosy for quiet drinks and there are plenty of comfty seating areas.
It is amazing how diiferent the room types are. I would stay again if I needed to but would not book a petite double room.

Room Tip: Go for one of the higher graded rooms - both 337 and 339 are lovely
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!