“Awesome hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Mount Maunganui
Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa
“Awesome hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My family and I have experienced unequalled hospitality and service at Boatshed Motel on 3 different occasions - having been in the hospitality industry myself and therefore understanding it as well as being an AA award winner in the superior category, I can recommend this facility highly.
Rae and Ken are very friendly and caring people.

Room Tip: Unit 3 and 4 are fantastic for families
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I have been staying here for the last 5 years and have always had excellent service and a wonderful friendly welcome. I keep coming back for lots of reason , rooms are always serviced well with a nice homely touch , views are amazing, beach only a short 5 minute walk, all the mod cons are in the rooms including Sky so I get to see all the Rugby games.., beds very comfortable, showers have great pressure, and chocolates left on the bench for that nice sweet treat at night : ) I thoroughly recommend this place to stay I give it 5 stars

Room Tip: Take the rooms with a view, beach side : )
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011 via mobile

We just stayed for 2 nights, but really could have stayed a whole week. The rooms, living area and courtyard were an ideal size for the family.
Thanks for the great holiday, the kids loved it.... Must book in again for the Chistmas & New Year holiday!

• Stayed July 2011
Bad Feilnbach, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

who likes comfort, good, clean and friendly service and a stunning view ???

book the big penthouse appartement on the top. the house is near to the beach and only few minutes to drive to Mt. Maunganui. Good shopping und dining area in walking distance. A quiet place place to stay. Very friendly people.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Leeds UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Had a great time at the Mount staying at the Boatshed Apartments. They were actually even better than the photos, very bright and modern and spotlessly clean. Beach was a couple of minutes walk away (past the fish & chip shop) and was huge with fantastic waves, like a wave machine at a pool but way better!

The "main beach" as they call it is a few minutes away and has all the posh restaurants and cafes - we even saw David Hasselhof there! It's sort of like an English seaside town, but way better with all the charm but modern and of course great weather. Fantastic sunsets also.

We did a day trip away to the caves which was really world class and also up to Rotorua which was OK. After travelling 6 weeks around New Zealand I think the Mount was probably the best place we stayed, certainly the best beach and the best weather!

The boatshed was a fantastic base, we stayed in the penthouse - with sea views! - which was open plan and windows all the way round, brilliant. Some friends stayed in the other apartments which were actually really big and we had a great BBQ down there.

I had a great time here and I dare say we'll be back in the future!! Highly recommended!

Thanks everyone for a fantastic stay!

Room Tip: Ask for the penthouse - well worth the extra
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Fukuoka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I am a teacher at a university from Japan and the Boatshed Apartments was recommended to me by a local agent in Fukuoka - NZ Life Tours.

There was 25 students and myself staying there. The rooms were ideal for us as they were spacious and there was also plenty of space in the courtyard for us to enjoy an authentic Kiwi BBQ.

The beds were also very comfortable!

The beach is just 1 mins walk away, so the students could enjoy swimming and many activities.

Rae and Ken, the hosts were so friendly and gave us a lot of information about the local area. I would like to thank them were the wonderful time they gave us and hope to be back there again next February!

Room Tip: Apartment 3 and 4 have great courtyards...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

We stayed at the boatshed appartmets after our friends recommended it. We spent 4 days there and found it very pleasent. The rooms were very spacious and I felt very much at ease as I suffer from clostriphobia and did not look forward to staying in a small room. We found the appartment very clean and very well equipped, there was nothing but relaxation there, even a dishwasher. They were very moden and well decorater. Rae and Ken could give us plenty of advice as to were we could travel and what we could visit of interest. They could tell us were the best resterants were. And we found them to be very homely and very helpful. The large shopping centre was handy and had every thing you could required. It was only a walk to the most beautiful beach.
I would recommend the Boatshed appartments to all travlers as it would suit every one. I will returning there again when I go back to New Zealand.

Room Tip: THe penthouse was lovely and had great views,
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Boatshed Motel Apartments Mt. Maunganui? Share your experiences!