“Ripoff Policy - they screw you over” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mount Maunganui Beachside Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Maunganui
Mount Maunganui Beachside Holiday Park
You added Mount Maunganui Beachside Holiday Park to your Saves list
4.5 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   1 Adams Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand   |
Baltimore, MD
“Ripoff Policy - they screw you over”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Stayed in this several times, but the last stay will be the last. I paid for two days in advance. We decided to leave early since the storm was loud and kept us up all night. The following morning I went to check out and the attendant told me she could not refund me for the second day THAT I DIDN'T USE. She said that there's a sign at the front desk saying you can't cancel any reservations. That is fine IF I had reserved a spot and decided not to use it, so someone else could use it, BUT I wasn't costing the company any money out of lost revenue if someone could replace my spot. The WHOLE place was completely EMPTY. There were acres not even used. The company has a policy of blatantly stealing money entrusted to them, and passing it off as 'weather'. If I go to the movies and buy two tickets, and if my wife gets sick and wants to wait in the car, I can get a refund for her ticket, SINCE SHE DIDNT USE IT. Outright THEFT and DISHONESTY. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS PLACE AGAIN!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Whangarei, NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Reviewer: TripAdvisor member, Whangarei, NZ
Date: August 2010
We have just returned from an extended weekend at the Beachside Motorcamp at Mt Maunganui. We had a beachfront site which afforded lovely views across the Bay of Plenty and down the coast. The camp is set out on several levels and caters for all sorts of campers - tents, caravans, RVs, etc. Amenities have recently been upgraded and are excellent. There are small shops - superettes and the like just outside the camp gate and the large shopping centre is about 10 minutes walk. For the most part of our stay, the weather was fantastic and we took advantage of this to make the walk to the top of the Mount itself. It's a fairly steep climb but the 360 degree views from the top make every step worthwhile. Alongside the camp are fabulous hot salt water pools of varying sizes and temperatures - just what we needed on a cool winter evening! We loved out stay here and would definitely recommend it to fellow campers.

Been to Mount Maunganui Beachside Holiday Park? Share your experiences!