We enjoyed our stay at Hembadhu Taj Vivanta Coral Reef in February/March 2014. The transfer from the airport to the island took about one hour. We were given one of the lovely Nirvana suites to rest for a few hours as our room was not ready on arrival. Our beach villa was large, comfortable, and very clean. The entire island looked well maintained. We loved snorkeling from the beach in front of our room (hawksbill turtle, blacktip reefshark, whitetip reefshark , eagle rays, octopus, plus all the colourful reef fishes- you can see all this right there - without having to SCUBA-dive). Food was very nice, and a great breakfast buffet.
We have one suggestion for improvement: As other reviewers have already commented any "extras" on this island are quite pricey; this applies to food, drink and also to any additional activities you book with them. This should be made transparent; I could not find any sample menus or watersports pricelist online; if it is there, then it is well hidden !
Otherwise you will not regret going to Hembadhu; the friendliness of all the staff and the entire setting make this a gret place to relax for a week or two in the Indina Ocean.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hotel Hembadhu
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hotel
- Taj Coral Reef Hotel
- Taj Coral Reef
- Hotel Taj Coral Reef
- Taj Coral Reef Maldives
- Taj Coral Reef Resort
- Taj Coral Reef Resort Maldives
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hembadhu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIVANTA BY TAJ. A FRESH NEW WAY TO HOLIDAY.Vivanta By Taj - Coral Reef, Maldives has all the exotic ocean views and dramatic sunsets that are de rigueur for any tropical holiday. The twist comes when you step into your villa and instead of the usual beach dcor, find a streamlined, sophisticated take on resort accommodations. Vivanta by Taj has revamped the resort experience from stem to stern and offers the ideal escape at a stunning value proposition. Divers, beach bunnies, and honeymooners - we welcome you. After you descend into Male airport, a luxury speedboat spirits you and your luggage away to Hembadhu Island, where you arrive at Vivanta by Taj - Coral Reef. The resort is a diver's dream destination with numerous diving sites and it's very own 1000 year old coral-reef and shipwreck to explore. For those that prefer to stay on land, the view of the lagoon dotted with water villas is hypnotic. No matter where you travelled from, your world is about to become filled with white sand and magnificent coconut palms. Let Vivanta by Taj introduce you to bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.