Stayed at the Vivanta Coral Reef for a week with my wife and 8 year daughter. The speedboat transfer from Male was undertaken efficiently. Arrival at the resort was quick and warm. Our Deluxe Delight Beach Villa (212) was wonderful. The room was large with a deck outside leading out to our very own pristine beach 20 yards out. The view from the room was absolutely breathtaking. We arrived in the afternoon and looking out of the villa, the first sight of the turquoise blue waters with the sun at its zenith will remain etched in my memory forever. The resort is blessed with an endless stream of stunning views, each one very different from the other. The moon deck looks out at the vast expanse, the poolside overlooks the beautiful house reef and beyond and so on. We could sometimes struggle to pick where to spend our time - outside our villa on the loungers / hammock or by the pool etc. and there was so much more to do besides.
The food at the resort is out of the top drawer. The multi cuisine Latitude also serves breakfast. . Main course portions are delightfully delectable and woefully large. Notwithstanding any activity that we chose to do we did have an incessant fight against the bulge. The Grill serves top notch South American cuisine and the Pizzeria serves the most delicious quesadillas and pizzas amongst other snacks.
The snorkelling and diving at the resort are exceptional. The house reef is safe (with only mild currents) and is teeming with underwater life. Markus and his team at the Dive Center cultivate coral in the house reef. The reef in front of our beach villas was truly magnificent. The sharp drop of the coral ridge, about 50 meters from the shore, is a treat for the senses and full of marine life. The short trip to the Blue Lagoon sand bank was great for snorkelling with amazingly still and clear water.
This trip was the best we have ever had. Whilst the beauty and copious luxury did play its part, the clincher was the sincerest attention that the wonderful staff of the resort accorded to us. Mr. Rahul Taneja, the F&B team lead epitomises the value system of the Taj hospitality, with his grace, dignity and warmth. Frazer and Chandika at the Latitude and the Grill/Pizzeria respectively are exemplary professionals. Noella and her front office team are as good as you will ever see. Pravin, the security head, took time off from his schedule and took us around the resort and shot some (about 200) beautiful pictures of us in his camera. All the aforementioned and many others- Hussain, Waseem, Ilham, Tiffany, Vivienne at the restaurants, Zaki and Phyllis in the front office, David, Claire, Kanai, Shariq at the dive center and many more went beyond their call of duty to make this a trip of a lifetime for our family. We can’t thank them enough and wish them all the best to spread the happiness that they bestowed on us.
Prakash, Ranjita and Anoushka
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIVANTA BY TAJ. A FRESH NEW WAY TO HOLIDAY.Vivanta By Taj - Coral Reef, Maldives has all the exotic ocean views and dramatic sunsets that are de rigueur for any tropical holiday. The twist comes when you step into your villa and instead of the usual beach dcor, find a streamlined, sophisticated take on resort accommodations. Vivanta by Taj has revamped the resort experience from stem to stern and offers the ideal escape at a stunning value proposition. Divers, beach bunnies, and honeymooners - we welcome you. After you descend into Male airport, a luxury speedboat spirits you and your luggage away to Hembadhu Island, where you arrive at Vivanta by Taj - Coral Reef. The resort is a diver's dream destination with numerous diving sites and it's very own 1000 year old coral-reef and shipwreck to explore. For those that prefer to stay on land, the view of the lagoon dotted with water villas is hypnotic. No matter where you travelled from, your world is about to become filled with white sand and magnificent coconut palms. Let Vivanta by Taj introduce you to bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hotel Hembadhu
- Taj Coral Reef Hotel
- Hotel Taj Coral Reef
- Taj Coral Reef Maldives
- Taj Coral Reef Resort Maldives
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hembadhu