My boyfriend and I were looking for a luxury escape and somewhere to relax for our holiday last year, we read the reviews of this hotel and it doesn’t disappoint!
We were warmly greeted at the resort and kindly helped off the boat with our luggage in tow, our villa wasn’t quite ready for our arrival (to some people this might have been a slight annoyance, but you’re in paradise – does it matter?!) in our wait we were escorted round the grounds for a tour, offered complimentary cocktails for our trouble and shown to the bar/lounge area where we waited only 10-15mins before our room was ready.
There is no denying the rooms are BEAUTIFUL, the scenery and surrounding beauty make it so easy to take a “professional” looking photograph, we ended up with hundreds!!! Our room looked out to the perfect white sands and turquoise sea (but then they all did!) – I don’t think you could pick a “bad” room! – it looks exactly like the brochure!
Food is expensive, but that’s to be expected – we went half board which is probably just enough (though alcoholic drinks aren’t included) I would like to make a special thanks to Richard (head chef) who was truly fantastic, I contacted in advance with some pretty hefty dietary requirements (fully expecting a rebuff) to my absolute surprise he catered to my every need, gluten free pastries were freshly made every day for breakfast, along with various other options for lunch/dinner (also had many vegetarian items for me to pick from!)
Plenty of water activities to keep you occupied if lounging on the beach gets too “stressful”! I definitely recommend grabbing a canoe and going for a paddle round the island, or a glass bottom paddle boat to share with your other half and watch the fish a little further out, of course you could just grab a snorkel and view the amazing array of fish just a few metres in!
Staff in the main were friendly and attentive, there are a few sour faces by the pool and in the restaurant but they’re easily avoided, to be honest – there are much nicer things to be looking at whilst you’re there!!!
In all, if you’re after relaxation, paradise, and alone time with a loved one - I certainly recommend!
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hotel Hembadhu
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hotel
- Taj Coral Reef Hotel
- Taj Coral Reef
- Hotel Taj Coral Reef
- Taj Coral Reef Maldives
- Taj Coral Reef Resort
- Taj Coral Reef Resort Maldives
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hembadhu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIVANTA BY TAJ. A FRESH NEW WAY TO HOLIDAY.Vivanta By Taj - Coral Reef, Maldives has all the exotic ocean views and dramatic sunsets that are de rigueur for any tropical holiday. The twist comes when you step into your villa and instead of the usual beach dcor, find a streamlined, sophisticated take on resort accommodations. Vivanta by Taj has revamped the resort experience from stem to stern and offers the ideal escape at a stunning value proposition. Divers, beach bunnies, and honeymooners - we welcome you. After you descend into Male airport, a luxury speedboat spirits you and your luggage away to Hembadhu Island, where you arrive at Vivanta by Taj - Coral Reef. The resort is a diver's dream destination with numerous diving sites and it's very own 1000 year old coral-reef and shipwreck to explore. For those that prefer to stay on land, the view of the lagoon dotted with water villas is hypnotic. No matter where you travelled from, your world is about to become filled with white sand and magnificent coconut palms. Let Vivanta by Taj introduce you to bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.