“Amazing !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barefoot Cay

You added Barefoot Cay to your Saves list
Barefoot Cay
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera Pavimentada PPal, French Harbour 33126, Honduras   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in French Harbour
Mary Esther
“Amazing !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was my only chance to dive while on my cruise and am I glad I picked this place. The Staff is amazing. Their knowledge and helpfulness made me feel comfortable immediately. Great dives and the facility was immaculate. I had an issue with my credit card which they didnt let become an issue for me. They are all super friendly and I couldnt have asked for a better staff. Thank you sooo much Irma, you saved my trip, you rock! Kyle thanks for your patience, you're a great DM. All the rest of the staff who I had the pleasure to interact with, my great thanks.
If anyone has a choice to make to dive Isla Roatan, you will do yourself a big favor by choosing Barefoot Diver. Im glad I did
Mike N

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Fairfax County, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I have been to the place 3 or 4 times. We love the relaxed nature of the place and the diving (and dive team) cannot be beat.

The owner -- Melisse -- always greets guests (when she is in town) and makes you feel a part of the family.

The rooms are comfortable and pleasant. The villas have a wonderful view of the beach. You almost feel as if you are the only one there.

The place is small -- I think it only handles 75 people -- but never ever feels crowded. It is also away from the West End scene. So if relaxing (and great scuba diving) are at the top of your list, this is the place.

Room Tip: The rooms over the dive shop -- on the land side, not on cay -- are extremely comfortable and have a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Waynesville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This trip was the best vacation my husband and I have ever taken! We've been diving for 20 years and Barefoot Cay is truly a paradise. Every detail was perfect. Everything has been meticulously planned...accommodations are exquisite, the food is delicious, the service is superb, the diving is awesome. The dive shop is well organized and all the dive staff are wonderful. I highly recommend Barefoot Cay to anyone who wants a vacation in paradise!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Barefoot Caye for our 20th Anniversary in Oct. we had a great time and the service was fantastic from the first email to after check out. We had so much fun we extended 4additional nights and plan to go back next year.

It's very small resort that only holds 26 people at full capacity so if you're looking for a hotel where all the employees will know who you are and remember what you like and don't like....this is the place! The grounds are beautifully kept and this is the only small resort I've seen operate like the big resorts where they're constantly doing ground maintenance from early in the morning all the way through the day.... Trimmming the grass, raking the sand, arranging flowers on tables every day from their own gardens etc etc. the attention to detail at the property is excellent. The food is amazing and they are very accommodating if you don't care for the meal as they're serving it. The beds are super comfortable and the rooms were thought out extremely well.

The shipping company just up the shoreline is a bit of an eyesore but the view looking out at the ocean and the property itself more than make up for it.

If you're a diver you'll have a great time! The employees are amazing. They're very knowledgable about the sites and sealife and won't let you lift a finger. It was one of the first times we saw almost everything on the fish card the sell in the hotel gift shop.

The hotel includes tips automatically at check out which is very convenient. You can adjust up or down or even request a particular employee get more. Something to note is that they imply the tips are for everything when in fact the dive shop is not included. I would have thought if you bought the dive package it would be but in reading the check out paperwork more careful....atnthe airport we found out it wasn't. So......be sure to add it on before you leave so you don't need to send it later and pay a surcharge via PayPal like we did to send it afterwards.

Looking forward to next year already

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very nice but I would be least likely to recommend the master bedroom because t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I spent the second leg of our anniversary trip here at Barefoot Cay. We had split our stay between two hotels (see other reviews) saving what we hoped was the best for last. While staying at our first accommodations, we happened to drive by the entrance to Barefoot. Just a brief warning, the Cay does not show well from the main road. This turned out to be an example of "don't judge a book by it's cover." Once it was time to start our stay there, everything was absolutely fantastic. The cay is meticulously maintained and attended to by an amazingly friendly staff. The food was great and the kitchen is very very flexible. The dive shop was first rate. We had one of the beach bungalows, which I absolutely recommend. It was perfect. I really couldn't have asked for any better. It's pretty easy to catch a cheap cab from the main road to anywhere else on the Island you may want to go. If you're a couple, going to Roatan, staying here is a must.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I spent a week in July 2012 diving with friends and our stay at Barefoot Cay was just perfect. The staff are incredibly friendly and couldn't be more accommodating and the dive operation was first class. I've dived all over the world and these guys are among the best I've seen, just the right balance of a relaxed approach without compromising at all on safety or professionalism.

The reefs are of course superb, especially the corals, and there are plenty of options on the island for night life if you haven't exhausted yourself with three dives in a day!

Keep up the hard work Doug & the team - it is definitely working!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I came to Barefoot Cay after finding it online. Yes, I had seen the pictures and reviews and that is why I chose to feature the Cay. I did not, however, expect it to be so outstanding! From the people to the scenery to the food to the diving, everything was above and beyond traditional resort standards.

First off, I stayed in one of the best accommodations I have ever been in. I was in a beach bungalow called Zani, and it was perfectly clean, cute and comfortable. The Balinese showers were a wonderful perk, too! Might I add I slept like a baby on the bed. Traveling around for work I have slept on some very uncomfortable beds; this bed I melted into at the end of the day. Couldn't have been better!

Throughout the stay we met several employees of the resort and every single one addressed me personally and with a genuine smile. The place really makes sure that you are always comfortable and feel at home. I felt like part of the family!

I had never been diving before, and we took the discover scuba course as we were limited on time. It was perfect for our needs, and our guide, Irma, was simply amazing. She made us feel extremely comfortable (despite my being apprehensive about the experience). It was something that I HAVE to do again! It was such a great experience on so many levels. Thank you Irma!

The food at Barefoot was exceptional as well. My favorite meal was a breakfast consisting of shrimp, grits and avocado. I'm open to trying new things and this was a DELICIOUS meal!! Fresh, and cooked to perfection.

I will most definitely return to Barefoot when I am not working. I literally cannot think of one thing that I would change. I had a massage on their gorgeous palapa during sunset - THAT I recommend 100%!

Overall, Barefoot is THE place to stay if you're looking for a perfect Roatan getaway. The staff simply makes it too easy to enjoy yourself. They go out of their way to ensure that this resort is perfect for guests in every aspect, and it certainly shows.

Thank you Barefoot! I miss you already!

Room Tip: Every room continuously blew me away!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Parrot Tree Plantation
Parrot Tree Plantation
#1 of 1 in First Bight
4.0 of 5 stars 196 reviews

Been to Barefoot Cay? Share your experiences!