My husband and I stayed at Barefoot Caye for our 20th Anniversary in Oct. we had a great time and the service was fantastic from the first email to after check out. We had so much fun we extended 4additional nights and plan to go back next year.
It's very small resort that only holds 26 people at full capacity so if you're looking for a hotel where all the employees will know who you are and remember what you like and don't like....this is the place! The grounds are beautifully kept and this is the only small resort I've seen operate like the big resorts where they're constantly doing ground maintenance from early in the morning all the way through the day.... Trimmming the grass, raking the sand, arranging flowers on tables every day from their own gardens etc etc. the attention to detail at the property is excellent. The food is amazing and they are very accommodating if you don't care for the meal as they're serving it. The beds are super comfortable and the rooms were thought out extremely well.
The shipping company just up the shoreline is a bit of an eyesore but the view looking out at the ocean and the property itself more than make up for it.
If you're a diver you'll have a great time! The employees are amazing. They're very knowledgable about the sites and sealife and won't let you lift a finger. It was one of the first times we saw almost everything on the fish card the sell in the hotel gift shop.
The hotel includes tips automatically at check out which is very convenient. You can adjust up or down or even request a particular employee get more. Something to note is that they imply the tips are for everything when in fact the dive shop is not included. I would have thought if you bought the dive package it would be but in reading the check out paperwork more careful....atnthe airport we found out it wasn't. So......be sure to add it on before you leave so you don't need to send it later and pay a surcharge via PayPal like we did to send it afterwards.
Looking forward to next year already
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique resort includes a private cay and 9 luxury accommodations with your choice of beachfront or ocean views. This unique Caribbean retreat pampers guests with first-class amenities and absolutely outstanding service. Onsite PADI 5 Star Dive Center spoils divers with valet diving, customized itineraries, patient & friendly instructors, and incredible dive sites just minutes away. The resort features a swimming pool, gourmet dining, and spa services. All accommodations have air conditioning, high-speed internet, TV/CD/DVD, Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Barefoot Cay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barefoot Cay Roatan, Honduras
- Barefoot Cay Hotel Roatan