Have booked with Island Marketing LTD for several excursions on Roatan. This one was not up to par. Met driver at The Coxen Hole cruise dock at the appointed time 9:30 AM. Driver waited another 1/2 hour for several others that had signed up for the excursion. That was 1/2 hour off our beach time. We left for Fantasy Island resort at 10 AM, arriving about 10:30 AM.
By the time we got to the Fantasy Island resort, all of the good beach lounges and beach beds were taken. We had to go way to the left away from the main buildings. Part of the package was to include a cocktail or local beer for each adult. When I asked he said Rum Punch or Fruit Punch, neither of which we wanted. My husband went back with our information sheet and he was able to get the local beers. It was also stated that we could use the pool and swim-up bar, but there was no one at the bar.
I did not feel like we got everything that was promised to us. This was the 2nd Roatan Island Marketing tour that failed to deliver. Next time we will book our excursion with another company.
We did use the kayaks and had a beautiful sunny day despite the glitches.
We did appreciate Daniel (our driver from Fantasy Island back to the cruise pier)
- Also Known As:
- Fantasy Island Beach Hotel Roatan
- Fantasy Island Beach Hotel
- Fantasy Island Beach Roatan
- Fantasy Island Roatan
- Fantasy Island Beach Resort Roatan, Honduras
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantasy Island Beach Resort is a private 21 acres island located on the south coast of Roatán, 8 miles from Roatan international airport and 30 miles from the northern coast of Honduras main land. (840 miles from Miami and 990 from New Orleans). The hotel has 115 rooms spread along the beach shore in buildings of 2 levels with the architecture characteristic of the island, three private beaches of white sand and calm surf, restaurants and bars, internet service throughout the hotel, PADI scuba diving center, marina, underwater photography, dive shop and souvenirs. Fantasy Island offers a tradition of hospitality combined with the tropical surroundings, amenities and adventures that you are looking for your next vacation to the Caribbean. Get in touch with nature and enjoy the colorful scenery that Fantasy Island Beach Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Fantasy Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.