“S....L....O....W....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fantasy Island Beach Resort

You added Fantasy Island Beach Resort to your Saves list
Fantasy Island Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Pavimentada Ppal, French Harbour, French Harbour, Honduras   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in French Harbour
Ft Worth
“S....L....O....W....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Only 14 divers the week we went (August 18 - 25, 2012). Apparenlty there were zero divers the week before we got there. Friendly staff, funny monkeys, dive shop needs help. We replaced our high pressure hoses a the shop when we arrived. The "new" hoses the shop put on had holes in them... FIVE of FIVE hoses they replaced ALL leaked. The food in the "all inclusive" was lacking. Buffet style, never HOT...ample, but basic. There was no ho water in the showers.. took cold showers all week. Transportation into town is $30 one way, so you ar pretty much stuck at the resort. The gift shop there had t-hirts for about $20, but they were from varioius resorts and locations in FLORIDA? It wsa OK. the diving was OK... the visibility was not what we expected. Did 18 dives and the BEST visibility was probably 50 feet. BIG hard corals, massive corals, every dive has a wall because the coral is so deep. They have fish, but not the gian schools oif yellow snapper and sergeant majors you would expect. In fact there were NO big schools of fish. Moray eels - big ones - and barracuda stalk the dive groups because hte guides have been feeding them lion fish. Big moray will swim out into open water approaching divers. Saw a lot of turtles on the north side.. 10 in 2 dives..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Lee's Summit, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We came to Fantasy Island because of the Dive Shop's reputation. We were surprised by how wonderful the resort was. The staff went out of their way to make us feel special. Our room was decorated twice as we were celebrating our anniversay. They also set up a private dinner on the verranda. I loved all the different animals on the property. "George" the monkey though was my favorite, he loves women so beware. All the dives were absolutely amazing. The dive instructors were knowledgeable and very familiar with every reef. We saw so much underwater I ran out of room just trying to write all the fish down after each dive. The views from every part of the island are amazing. The rooms were spacious and clean. I had all the amenities provided by the resort in the bathroom. The food was plentify and something for every taste. The management was always present and making sure our needs were taken care of.

Room Tip: Talk to someone about what you expect for a view and there are so many places they can put you. It...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lorton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We travel a lot and this is the first time I've ever written a terrible review on a hotel. This was a rip off. "All inclusive" package yet we needed to pay $2 per water bottle, the water from the sink and shower was salt water, there are only a few staff members around to help. The shower head was broken and the towels smelled awful.The building is run down and old. Just one pitcher of clean water is provided. I can't understand where these pictures are coming from. The balcony door is sealed shut so you can't sit on the balcony. The safety deposit box was broken. The pool was completely empty due to it being cleaned. This was a complete rip off. We left and paid extra to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Try Infinity or Parrot Tree. We moved to these wonderful hotels.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Our family recently visited Fantasy Island as part of a cruise ship tour. When we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly staff who escorted us to a beautiful beach. There were plenty of beach loungers and there were even beach beds where my mom, who is in a wheelchair, could relax. The kids had a blast snorkeling and using the kayaks that are complimentary. We made friends with the resident monkeys and iguana and they kept us all entertained. The general manager, ELI, was fantastic. When I needed to check my emails for a tour we were taking the next day, she brought out her personal computer and let me use it to finalize my plans. It would certainly be worth a trip to Isla Roatan to stay at this resort! Thanks for a wonderful day!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Middletown, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

To Eli the G.M~ I can't thank you enough for making my stay again @ Fantasy a joy. From the early morning staff saying their "Good Mornings" to the late night staff saying "Pleasant Dreams" you are all the best. I have returned again because " Fantasy" is like family. Our mission this time was of a humanitarian mission that was a huge success with all the help from everyone @ the resort. The staff was very gracious upon our return after a hard day's work on the island. Thank you Henry for always knowing a cool cocktails in the crystal clear waters after a hard day always helped! :). Thank you to a wonderful dive staff and my brother who finally got me over my fear of diving. I DID IT!!!!!!!!!! I usually only snorkel which is also very beautiful at the resort.
Thank you again to all. Be back again soon! Great Trip!
Pam~ Middletown,Ct.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

had a terrible diving experience with the spainard David, he was rude, inducing fear on a beginner diver, that was besides me and induced stress on my die, so much that I got dizzy and aborted the dive.
I will NOT recommend diving with them. when I sat down with the hotel manager, he dismissed by complain and did not follow up with the dive guide. I knew he also had a complain from the other diver , but seems it was also ignored.
food was good and room cleaniness was poor. Other staff was OK.
will NOT go again to the resort.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
CT-USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The general manager ELI met our mission group personnally at the Roatan at the roatan airport. This was a great help as 4 of 7 in our group had not traveled here before. She assisted us in getting our bags loaded & to the resort in a timely fashion. My wife & i travel & stay at FANTASY ISLAND at leat 2 times a year. We prefer to stay here as the Dive staff & resort personnel are top shelf in our book. It is so nice when you get to the resort and staff comes up & personnaly greets you. As the 7 in our mission team were not diving our work schedules were very booked & the resort was more than accomidating to us and had no issues in extending lunch for us several days. The maintance manager Luis & his staff assisted us in repairing & making new swings for a local pre school. I offered to compensate him for his help and was politly turned down. Thanks again Luis & crew. We were not on an all inclusive package here and the resort was more than gracious in there rates to us. Thanks for that !! The local fruit went along way in holding us in our days endeavors out in the community. Nightly entertainment was very enjoyable to all that stayed to see it. 1 person in our group even lead a karoke night as he is a dj in real life !! Great fun was had by all. The resort bartender was very conscious of my wife's health issues & had COKE LIGHT brought in for her. THANK YOU HENRY !! In the 17 trips to the resort over 9 years we have seen some ups & downs with the resort.THEY ARE DOING GREAT & IF IT WAS NOT FOR THERE LOYAL STAFF WE WOULD STAY ELSEWHERE. WI-FI & A PC BACK IN THE LOBBY WAS A GREAT HELP TO ALL!! THANKS FANTASY ISLAND !! SEE YOU IN FEBURARY 2013.

Room Tip: Very cold refrigerators & fresh water was a help
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fantasy Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!