“Cool Atmosphere, Horrible Service” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Cool Atmosphere, Horrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The wait staff was horrible. We had to go up to the bar a few times to get drinks, check, etc. There was hardly anyone in the restaurant and there were a bunch of waitresses standing around talking to each other, talking on their cell phones....it was a joke. We were staying at Pineapple Villas & didn't go back because of the terrible service. We would have eaten there a lot more often but that's not what we're looking for when we go out to eat. Skip it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
pineapplevillas, Owner at Herby's Sports Bar & Grill, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We are sorry for your bad experience. We strive for exceptional service, but in your case we weren't able to provide it. For that I am truly sorry, and really wish to be able to locate the employees on that shift. If you are able or willing to let me know the day and time that you visited Herby's. I would better be able to educate the staff. email: drinking@herbyssportsbar.com

We take service very seriously, and sometimes finding skilled waitresses and waiters on the island is difficult. We constantly retrain, and constantly try to implement technology to make things more efficient, and make it easier for our service staff to give good service.

We have had 2 bad reviews in the last week. We are embarrassed of that fact. But we will not hide from it, we will take those reviews to mean that we must make changes in our system. We will go back to retrain and remind the staff of service priorities and importance and ensure this bad service never happens again.

I thank you for taking the time out of your day for writing this review. I prefer to know when bad things happen so that they can be corrected. And they WILL be corrected.

Please consider visiting us again, and allow me the opportunity to prove that our service and food is the best in class. I am now marching upstairs to remind the staff what service is all about.

Toronto
“Great atmosphere, service and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We came here for lunch and enjoyef it so much we came back for dinner. Food was very good, service was great and it was nice to have some familiar food while on vacation.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arvada, Colorado, United States
“PASS!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Food was horrible to average. Service was the slowest I've ever had. Not just island slow. We waited over an hour for food to show up. Medium steak was literally barely seared and the rice & beans were not just room temperature, but actually cold. Never really wanted to go there anyway since it is really not what I go on vacation for. I can get lousy american bar food anywhere. The service was the worst part though... almost as though they knew it was bad and were trying to avoid us. Couldn't even get drink refills for the hour+ wait for our food.

Visited March 2013
Hello Sir,

We strive to provide the best service possible, and normally we succeed... however in your case we failed, and for that we sincerely apologize. We would like the opportunity to make it up to you.

March 23-30th is holy week and in central america it is the busiest tourism week of the year. I feel this may have contributed to the issues you had, however... there is no excuse. We are taking steps to ensure this never happen again.

Please let us know the dates and approximate times of your visit so I can verify the shift on duty during this incident. Also please let us know the area of the restaurant you were in. Inside, or on the patio. our email: drinking@herbyssportsbar.com

Thank you for you comments, we will be using your review to improve our service and prevent any future incidents.
West Point, New York
“Great Sports Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

If you are looking for some American style food this is definitely the place to go. In my opinion, better than the Pineapple Grill and definitely better priced. Half priced wings and two for one drinks during happy hour is also an added bonus. I happened to be staying at the Pineapple Villas with my girlfriend and when we didn't have any plans for the night, we usually ended up here. Service was very quick and the seafood chowder is a must try!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Roatan, Honduras
“My American Fix In Honduras”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been on the island of Roatan for a year now and when I need my USA fix here in Roatan that is the place to go it is priced good and you all the sports you need and want and some. Some places you go to eat you have to remember you not in the US so it could take a while and item may not be what you were expecting. But not at Herby's they are on top of things and offer a quality product for your money.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere