“Ok,But nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Tennant Arms

and 1 more site!
You added The Tennant Arms to your Saves list
The Tennant Arms
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   | Kilnsey, Kilnsey, Yorkshire Dales National Park BD23 5PS , England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kilnsey
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Ok,But nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Well, we had a fairly big (12) lunchtime party attending on a Saturday lunchtime, and the place itself wasn't too busy. However the service was very slow, when the waitress was taking our order she took everyone's order in batches of four, before returning back to the checkout and coming back and taking the next four etc, for no apparent reason. And the food did take along time to wait.
The food was nice, and presented nicely. But it didn't seem anything really special, which with such nice surroundings was a real shame. Then when Deserts were ordered I ended up waiting about 10mins after everyone else had gotten theirs. And the desert (creme brûlée) was probably one of the worst I had tasted. Although the chocolate fudge cake I tasted was very nice.
Overall such a nice pub in great surroundings but the food and service let it down for us.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

After going for a family mothers day meal I am definitely planning on returning and staying in one of the beautiful room this pub offers. The carvery was delicious with a choice of meats and the chance to have a variety unlike some pub Sunday dinners. There was also a wide choice of vegetables to make your plate more colourful, everyone in our party left stuffed with no complaints. There was even a present for mum, a potted plant, and a card with vouchers and discounts for their next visit, a lovely and unexpected touch. After our meal we moved into the bar area where a big open fire warms the whole room and gives the room a rustic pub smell as well as the aesthetics of the room adding to the country pub feel.The serving staff and bartenders were friendly and helpful and we were warmly greeted upon arrival after parking. The pub boasts adequate parking with an additional car park to the rear on top of the spaces first seen on the roadside outside the pub.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Beeston, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed 3 days with 8 friends on walking holiday with 'Country Guide Holidays' of Leeds West Yorkshire.
The food was out of this world in quality and portions . The management and staff could not do enough for us even the Chef took great pleasure in fine tuning our dietary needs without any fuss.
I was given a double room to myself with a fantastic bathroom with a giant tub which came in very handy after walking the countryside all day.
The bar areas had blazing log fires and comfy seating with room for all.
Will love to stay again next year

Mick- Beeston- Leeds

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Brampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I booked a room for the wife and I on 3 March for a visit from11 to 15 March inclusive, paying a £60 deposit on the internet. On 5 March a family problem arose which meant we would probably not able to go, so I telephoned let them know, fully expecting to be told I had lost my deposit and probably the balance of the bill too. I could not have been more sympathetically dealt with. Mark, the manager said if you could let me know by Friday, 8 March, he would get me a refund. Sadly, the situation has not changed, so I phoned today to cancel and received a full refund with in the hour! We will certainly be visiting there in the future - very many thanks!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a day out walking and we shared a sandwich- Brie and bacon- must have had 5 slices of bacon in it! Think it was about £7 and served with chips which in this area was excellent value for money. Wish we had gone back for a meal but we weren't in the area much. Would recommend.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I had always wanted to visit this pub so called last week on our way to Settle.We were a little short on time and tried to order at the bar but were told someone would come for our order .The lady did eventually come but only after she had took orders off people who had arrived after us .My husbands meal looked lovely ,but my ploughman's had a chunk of awful dried up bread and worse still not even any butter to put on it, no one came and asked if everything was ok and we couldn't seem to get the barman's attention (even though it was quiet) I never got the side order either.It was a shame as the basics of the meal where lovely and I am sure the faults could have been remedied quickly.On the plus side the ham and cheese were delicious and the fire very welcoming .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Called in today for the Sunday carvery. Quite honestly it was brilliant. Mark the returning landlord has pulled the pub back from the brink. Lovely friendly pub, great food, great rooms and of course some of the best fishing in Wharfedale,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Tennant Arms? Share your experiences!