“Lovely working windmill, delicious food.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Attractions in Tuxford
Type: Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Food & Drink
Nottingham
“Lovely working windmill, delicious food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I took my mum out looking for a garden centre in Walesby only to find it had closed down . I decided to head towards Tuxford and came across a most amazing working windmill . My mum was very excited to see this wonderful sight so we decided to call in to have a look around. We were greeted by a very friendly dog called Sid, who has a book written about him so he is kind of a celebrity around there. We were welcomed into the tea room by a very friendly lady and shown to a table by the window where we could just watch the sails of the mill going round. My mum had the soup which was served with a home made brown roll and I had a cheese and ham roll. Both were delicious. Not much room for cake but they looked so appetising., we both had the lemon sponge again it was lovely. The family run business is great we watched a lady making cookies as we left. We had a great time but didn't go into the mill since my mum is 85 and can't get up the stairs but next time I will go and have a look. Amazing place. Will be back soon.

Visited May 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Nice to see a working windmill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Passing near one day we saw the sails turning and decided to pop in to the tearoom for an afternoon cuppa and treat.

The decaf coffee was proper ground coffee in a cafetier which makes a nice change and the toasted teacake made from flour ground in the mill was extremely tasty and filling. The OH had a cream tea but opted for a cool drink instead of tea, at one point he thought this was a mistake as he couldn't get the top off but the waitress soon replaced the bottle and voila success :) he also said the homebaked scone was just right.

Staff very friendly and chatty which was nice.

Look forward to another visit.

Visited March 2014
4 attraction reviews
“Beautiful place and great cakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

A lovely setting and interesting to see a working windmill- we didn't go in to see how the windmill works (will hopefully next time) but we went to the adjacent tea rooms and shop. Cakes were great- we tried the tea cakes, carrot cake and porter cake and would recommend all. They also sell their flour, milled on site, and I've really enjoyed making different loaves and cakes with what we bought.

Visited March 2014
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great place to visit with the family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I bring my children here to watch the windmill, get some flour and eat some cake... what more can you ask for. The family run buisness is very friendly and have even taken my kids to see the inside of the mill, which they love.

The flour milled hear is also amazing for baking, so as well as the tea room its worth while grabbing a bag or two and having ago at your own brittish bake off!

Visited August 2013
london
“Great attraction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We took our young children to see a working windmill. It was luckily a windy day! The man took us up and showed us round,explained how the flour is made, was wonderful with the children, encouraging them to try wheat and feel the different textures etc and it was really good fun. If you're in the area definitely pop by.

Visited October 2013