“Best Hotel in Metro Manila” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seda Bonifacio Global City

You added Seda Bonifacio Global City to your Saves list
Seda Bonifacio Global City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30th Street corner 11th Avenue | Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Luzon 1634, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Taguig City
Iloilo City, Philippines
“Best Hotel in Metro Manila”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Best hotel I've ever stayed-in in Metro Manila. It has the perfect balance of location-quality-service-price. I heard this property is supposed to be 3.5 stars but it makes you feel like staying in somewhere at 4.5 stars.

Check-in was a breeze. The lobby is bright and had high ceilings. Despite only having two elevators, they were really quick with almost no wait times.

Nothing beats a brand new hotel and the room hallways proved so. The rooms were also designed very well with beautiful colors and furniture.

The location is right smack in the center of Bonifacio High Street shopping center. Nothing could be better than that.

Overall, this hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SedaBGCTeam, Public Relations Manager at Seda Bonifacio Global City, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback motivates us to take our efforts even further as we continue to strive to provide our guests with the best service and amenities that we can give. We are glad to hear that you highly recommend Seda BGC, and we hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Since moving to the US in the 90's, I've been back to the Philippines quite a few times for vacation. I went back a few weeks ago with my aunt for a strictly business matter - it was not a trip I was expecting to be relaxing. Before leaving, I did my due diligence about potential accomodations in the Philippines, and got word from a number of people about how good Seda Bonifacio Global City was. While some of these comments were from friends and family, others were from business executives who said that this hotel was even better than most five-star hotels. I decided to go for Seda, and I can truly say that this hotel made my trip not only pleasant but indeed memorable. At check-in, the staff were very friendly and accomodating; we got the handicap-accessible room that we asked for (my aunt is elderly). The room was very nice and cozy, the beds were very comfortable (important when you've just traveled across the Pacific and are trying to get over backache and jet lag), and you can generally tell that the hotel was well maintained and efficiently run. Room service was very prompt and helpful. We had our breakfast at the hotel every morning - a fantastic spread including the usual Filipino favorites such as adobo, tocino, tapa, bangus belly, lugaw, and pancit. It reminded me and my aunt how much we missed Filipino food. Service during dining was excellent, with highly attentive and friendly staff.

Seda is a very charming hotel, a pleasant surprise neatly tucked within the frenetic world of Bonifacio Global City. We would have loved to explore the other amenities within it as well as the shops and restaurants in the immediate vicinity, but the business nature of our trip promptly prevented us from doing so.

We had opportunities to deal with every level of personnel from management to bellpersons, and I can truly say that we were really impressed by the quality of service at every level.

We stayed for 9 wonderful nights at Seda Bonifacio Global City, a hotel that has been referred to as a "boutique hotel," but which I prefer to call exactly what it is - a topnotch, world-class, five-star hotel. I highly recommend that you stay in Seda Bonifacio Global City if you happen to find yourself in this neck of the woods.

Safe travels!

Mary Agnes Maipid-Pineda, MD

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much, we are flattered to hear such wonderful comments! We are happy that you made us your home during your trip back to the Philippines, and that in our own little way, were able to make your stay memorable. We hope you to see you again during your next trip to Manila!
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had an excellent stay, this is the best thing to happen to business hotels in a long time in Manila. Easy check in, absolutely well laid out and appointed rooms exceeded my expectation. Location is just next to High Street. Only negative is breakfast, is minimal and quality should be much better to match the hotel product. That given will definitely be back. Ayala have a good flagship property for their new chain of hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We constantly do our best to provide our guests with the best service, and are glad your experience exceeded your expectations. We have since added more items to our breakfast buffet and make sure there is a selection that will suit everyone’s taste and preferences. We hope to see you again here at Seda BGC!
Makati, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

First off, let me say I didn't stay at the hotel. My wife and I were "walk-ins" as the polite server called us when we asked for a table for Sunday breakfast. So this is really a review of their restaurant, not the hotel.

It's been a tradition with us to go out for breakfast on weekends and the hotel's restaurant looked inviting from the outside. The hotel's clean, modern design is easy on the eyes.

When we entered the restaurant there was no maitre d to greet/seat us so we waited. And waited. Finally, realizing no one would approach us I did the approaching and asked a rather harassed looking server for a table. She politely obliged.

She also politely told us that there was no a la carte service but we were welcome to partake of the buffet. After asking for coffee and getting what looked like a very weak blend, we headed for the buffet table. The spread was rather unimpressive: congee, dried milkfish, noodles, rice, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausages.

There were still a few empty tables but the occupied ones were keeping the three servers running around constantly. So no one was watching the buffet table which had run out of bacon and eggs. Again, I interrupted a waitress as she was scurrying towards the kitchen and asked her to refill the empty serving trays. She politely said she would. Then I waited... And waited...

Finally, I interrupted another server as he came rushing out of the kitchen and told him about the empty trays also requesting that he bring me some scrambled eggs. He politely said he would. Then I waited some more.

The eggs did come as I was finishing up the rest of my breakfast. I debated with myself about asking for a second cup of coffee. Lucked out when a waitress accidentally looked our way, signaled her for more coffee and she politely and this time, quickly obliged.

It's really a shame. The food was very tasty and the servers were trying their absolute best to do the job that required at least six servers (not three) to do properly. As a result we came away very disappointed. At 1,600 Pesos per head, the experience certainly wasn't worth the price.

I told the server who presented the bill to convey my suggestion that they hire additional servers. She almost teared when I told her that I could see they were all working very hard but clearly, overwhelmed by the number of customers present at the time.

I hope management will take appropriate remedial action.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share your comments. We always take feedback positively and use it as a challenge to be better at our tasks. We’ve had many training sessions for all our staff since then, and from the increasing positive reviews, we believe we have made strides in enhancing our guests’ experience. We hope you give us the opportunity to be of service to you again.
Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

nice and cool boutique hotel within the Fort area.
I liked the restaurant very much, reminds me of a nice chill out place in Hongkong.
It's very straight forward hotel. Ideal not just for family but for business travellers as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind review. Our restaurant has received favorable feedback not just for the food but for the ambiance. We hope to see more of you here at Seda BGC!
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The newest hotel at The Fort, this hotel has the most convenient location for vacationers like us. We stayed for a couple of nights and we were amazed on the simplicity of this hotel yet everything we needed was in arms reach.

The rooms are comfortable and clean. Its not that big but still spacious enough to move around.There was only the coffee shop Misto open that time. Its a nice place to hang out on a lazy afternoon.Food is good and price is reasonable.

Overall, the stay was good and was even made better by the friendly and attentive staff. Thumbs up!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review. Our location is one of our primary advantages, and we are pleased that you found it very convenient especially for vacationers like yourselves. We are glad to hear that you appreciated our facilities—complete, straightforward, comfortable. Our staff is dedicated to providing the best service and we are glad that you found it so. We hope to see you here again soon!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great rooms for the value. Very clean and comfortable for just a bed and bathroom, and i found myself happy to hang out in the room not even though just 1 room One of the most comfortable beds i have slept in at any hotel! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is great if your looking for restaurants and bars within walking distance. I have stayed at many of the larger hotels in manila and this boutique hotel is a hidden gem that i will stay at every time i am in the fort for a fun wekend out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Seda BGC. Many of our guests do find our beds extra comfortable and among the best they’ve slept in. Being a boutique hotel is an advantage because it has a more cozy ambiance and allows us to render more personalized service to our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Seda Bonifacio Global City? Share your experiences!