“Amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars

Visit Manila American Cemetery and Memorial like an insider
Special Offer
$118*
and up
Manila Super Saver: Manila Sightseeing plus...
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Taguig City
More attraction details
Owner description: This monument includes the graves of thousands of Americans who died fighting in the Philippines in World War II.
Mason, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had been romping through the islands for over two weeks before coming to Manila and I'm glad that we stopped to learn about the history of the islands during WW2. I have a friend who lives in Manila and said that the cemetery is the most beautiful and tranquil place in the city. I agree!!

It reminded me of how patriotic that generation was and I'm grateful for the things they fought for!

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Oahu, Hawaii
10 attraction reviews
“A must visit for every American”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

A somber and peaceful resting place for many of our brave soldiers who never returned home during WWII. There are mosaic maps throughout the memorial that explain the conflict. The cemetery is expansive, but it's the memorial that takes your breath away. Every massive wall is engraved with the names of soldiers whose remains were never found. Many of these men and women had family, who probably can't afford to visit and pay tribute to their loved ones. If you are American, I encourage you to visit and pay your respects, and to learn about an important part of our history.

Visited November 2013
Brea, California
6 attraction reviews
“Found my Grandfather”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

After so many years, we found my grandfather's memorial here at the Manila American cemetery and memorial. My grandmother may have come here in the 1960's had she known it was here. My grandfather went down with his ship on February 11, 1945 and our family had no grave to visit until now. The memorial wall here is sobering. So many men died for our country. The setting is absolutely gorgeous and the caretaker, a retired military man himself made my mother and her sister feel so welcome. They were both young teenagers when they lost their Dad and it was heartbreaking to see them relive it again. Thank you to the United States and the Philippines for preserving it. Everyone should not forget these sacrifices made in everyone's family for our freedom.

Visited June 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
12 attraction reviews
“Proud to be an American here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I had no idea the American armed forces were so heavy involved in the Philippines. This place was highly educational, clean and seeing the American flag made me proud. We were with a tour and only stayed 20 min, I could have stayed for hours looking at all the different battles they had reconstructed on the walls. A must see!!!!!!!!!

Visited May 2014
Rapid City, South Dakota, USA
22 attraction reviews
“Very moving experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This immaculately maintained cemetery of WWII American military is a fitting tribute to those thousands of Americans and Filipinos who died in WWII.

The grass is so perfectly kept that it almost looks artificial. Gravestones are perfectly aligned.

The list of thousands of sailors and solders, both American and Filipino's serving with the US military on marble pillars is very moving

Excellent murals detail naval and military campaigns in the Pacific from 1941 through 1945.

This is worth a visit as a reminder that the freedoms enjoyed by Americans and Filipino's today came with a very high price.

Visited June 2014