“Nice Hotel - The Lifts/Elevators are a real let down” 4 of 5 stars
Review of F1 Hotel Manila

You added F1 Hotel Manila to your Saves list
F1 Hotel Manila
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner 32nd Street & Bonifacio Boulevard | Fort Bonifacio, Global City, Taguig City, Luzon 1634, Philippines (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Taguig City
London, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel - The Lifts/Elevators are a real let down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel and rooms are very nice. Modern, spacious. Very big and comfortable beds. Loved the large shower area in my room. Good water pressure and temperature. This hotel is primarily for business people working in Global CIty. Close to the offices, close to the High Street. Nice location for working in the Fort. The lifts are amazing. They clearly got this wrong. Three problems with the lifts other than being slow. Firstly you have to swipe your card to get to your room. Fine you say security and all that. The problem is that you then need to hit the button which seems to be very temperamental and you might wind up somewhere else by the time the lift accepts your request. Secondly, there arent enough lifts and the "scheduling" of them seems really poor. And finally certain areas of the hotel are only serviced by lifts 1&2, but you can't specifically call them. Crazy!!

Anyway, beyond the lift problems. The hotel is very good. The nicest Best Western hotels I've stayed at. If the Best Western Premier is that much of a difference then I shall give more serious thought to them next time I'm booking a trip whereas previously I would probably have dismissed Best Western for anything other than a clean comfortable room to put my head down.

If your working in the area then the location is brilliant. If you're not working in the area and aren't specifically looking to stay in the fort than you might look elsewhere. The fort is very expensive compared to other areas. Security in the fort seems very good and you feel like you're in a bubble. You should still keep your wits about you though as the locals are poorly paid comparatively. I never felt threatened or had any problems. The fort could nearly be any Western style financial area. Big companies doing business. Reasonable amount of shops, restaurants and watering holes.

All in a ll a very nice hotel if you need/want to be in Fort Bonifacio. Shame about the lifts. Seriously..leave a few minutes early for them.

Room Tip: Try and get a room looking North or South. The sides are so close to the adjacent buildings. Also...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel gets a 2 star primarily because of its location - its in walking distance of Bonifacio High Street and proximity of the shopping and food are a blessing. I was bitten by mosquitoes both nights There was no shower gel in my bathroom and the person from housekeeping I mentioned this to said there was no shower gel on my floor ...... ????? The breakfast is laid out in the most confusing manner and the people in the breakfast area are very unhelpful, This is the first hotel, where I was provided an 'all clear' gate pass like slip upon checkout which I needed to show security before I could leave the building. Seriously. Is that how you treat your guests ??

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cooper City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Why did I title the review Patience Pays? As you can tell by most of the other reviews for this hotel, the elevators are soooo sloooow. But, once you get to where you wanna go, it's all worth it.

Frankly, I think they should detach the 'Best Western' brand. It's very misleading. This is a great hotel. The rooms are clean, modern and spacious. The staff is excellent! They will bend over backwards to assist you and make sure you're happy.

If you're travelling on business and have to work US day-time hours, like me, they will clean your room at any time of day or night.

There will be a local newspaper at your door every day.

I ordered room service a few times at 8am local time. Since that was my dinner, I asked for dinner menu items - NO PROBLEM! And let me tell you, the food is VERY good. Wanna splurge a bit? Order the lamb chops!

The breakfast buffet is also very good. There is an omelet station and a decent variety of breakfast items as well as a few things that could pass for dinner selections.

If you're staying in the Fort Bonafacio area, I do recommend this hotel. I've had a few people tell me they liked it better than the Mandarin Oriental!

Room Tip: At the time of my stay, there was construction going on next to the hotel. Try to get a room away fr...
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Was here for a meeting and spent few nights here with friends. The elevators were toooooo slooooow and too small for the amount of people getting in and out of it. I'm not even sure if they had stairs accessible for the hotel guests and if they did have stairs, I swear I would've used it instead of waiting forever for the elevator. Seriously, you need at least 8 minutes to get into an elevator especially at peak hours.

Took 30 minutes for the bellman to bring our luggages into our room. We called 6 times for it! Lame. Poor aircon positioning. They have shuttle buses going to and from the hotel to Bonifacio High Street and other places which is a big plus! It's also just a block away from S&R & St. Luke's Hospital. Breakfast was good, mostly Filipino food, but they also had bacon and sausages, a variety of bread, fruits, california rolls (so good!), an egg cooking station, and the usual buffet breakfast.

Oh, and water's flowing out of the building too. I don't know where it was coming from, but, what's up with that?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here with my cousin who was attending the Dugongs MOU in Feb. We tried to find any other place to stay in Manila however this was the best option.
Walking in, our luggage was inspected by the security and the police dog at the entrance. However they didn't inspect us or our hand luggage as we walked in which is strange. On entering the hotel we were told to go to the 5th floor where the reception is to check in. We had to wait at the elevators for at least 10 minutes. We got that done and were taken to our room which was supposedly a 'suite' which is basically one room split in the middle by the beds and a small separator. The room smelled funny and was not very clean.

We ordered room service for dinner as we were exhausted from the trip and wanted to eat and sleep. It took forever for the to deliver, and was totally not worth it. We should have walked to the McDonalds across the street and would have gotten a better meal. Don't even bother getting room service or eating at the hotel period, the food tastes bland and is a waste of money to be honest.

The breakfast buffet was very boring, no variety to select from. No healthy options. Service is slow and your tea / coffee is poured cold into the cup. Walk to the food court in the hospital across the street and you'll get a larger variety and hot coffee!

The pool area is crowded and dusty, water all over the ground and the chairs are wet.

The most agonising experience through our whole stay was waiting for the elevators!!! Expect to spend at least 30% of your time there waiting for elevators. at least 10 to 15 minutes each time. They randomly shut down elevators and start using guest elevators for service! And whenever an elevator shows up its crowded so you'll have to wait for the next one which may or may not arrive.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend anyone to come to Manila, let alone stay in this horrible place.

Room Tip: Stay in the lower floors so that you can use the stairs to cut time short waiting for an elevator. E...
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Was given a complimentary upgrade from City Suite to Fort Suite. There were some issues with the card keys issued but the matter was quickly resolved by the staff. Room service was prompt. The furnishings of the room was excellent and comfortable. Only gripe I have would be the poor ventilation of the toilet as well as the shower floor not being level. Water was slow to drain and toilet odours slow to dissipate.

The breakfast was excellent, unfortunately, they ended it on the dot at 10am.

NOTE: They have a shuttle service to the malls, be sure to use them instead of wasting on a cab.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Iloilo City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Overall, a pretty decent hotel. Our room which was a City Suite was pretty large. It was the only room with 2 beds available during our stay. Breakfast was decent too.

The location is just right in front of S&R membership shopping and 5 minutes walk to the Bonifacio Central shopping area which connects to Bonifacio High Street, then Serendra and Market Market mall.

The only drawbacks were the slow and tiny elevators and the even slower bell service. The elevators, though numerous are pretty slow and too tiny for a building with such high traffic.

As for the bell service, better to carry your bags yourself. We did the mistake of leaving our luggage with bell service, only to experience a 30 minute delay in the delivery of our luggage to our room after FOUR (04!) follow-up calls. Upon checkout, we left our luggage again, and had to wait around 20 minutes upon pick-up to have it retrieved. The bell service staff, although nice and courteous in front of the guest, move at an intentionally slow pace when you observe behind them.

Despite the unreasonable drawbacks, this is still an OK property.

Room Tip: We got a good deal from Agoda.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to F1 Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!