“Enjoyable pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of F1 Hotel Manila

You added F1 Hotel Manila to your Saves list
F1 Hotel Manila
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner 32nd Street & Bonifacio Boulevard | Fort Bonifacio, Global City, Taguig City, Luzon 1634, Philippines (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Taguig City
Melbourne, Australia
1,388 reviews 1,388 reviews
3,147 helpful votes 3,147 helpful votes
“Enjoyable pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The checkin for this hotel could be difficult to find if one had not read TA, as it is down and around a a side street and then up to the fifth floor.

Checkin was quite slow, while a couple of the lifts do not serve various floors such as the third with its pool so it can be confusing. At times there was a fair wait for a lift.

The room had fake hardwood flooring and was large. The curtains were effective, the bed comfortable, the view excellent and fittings in the room Ok including a good modern television and a kettle.

The bathroom's shower leaked a little but towels were white as white and the water hot. There was a rainshower head which I always like.

The pool was the best feature as there was a rectangular pool plus a lengthy lap pool with a good view at the end. The water was a pleasant temperature and the pool attendant prompt in issuing a pool towel. There are a good number of tables and chairs to enjoy a drink and snack poolside.

I easily walked to Bonifacio High Street with its large number of shops and restaurants.

My www.asiatravel.com tariff did not include breakfast.

All in all this was a better stay than I had expected.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
Muntinlupa, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We went to F1 a few days before Christmas for an overnight stay with friends. One thing we noticed was that the hotel staff were very non-meddling. For most this might not be a good thing since most might prefer being asked if they would like help with checking in, direction of the elevators, etc, but our group wanted just to be left to our own devices so we were pretty much okay. Elevators were super fast! Everything looked modern and the room furniture are simple yet elegant and comfortable. The room was also spacious even if we only got the base accommodations. The hotel's location is only just a few minutes' walk away from Boni High Street, S&R, St. Luke's, nice, upscale restaurants near Deutsche, convenience stores, etc so getting cheap ice cubes or partying 'til dawn won't be a problem. All in all the experience was good and enjoyable.

One thing I think though that the hotel can improve on is stepping into the feet of the customer. Checking in is via the 5th floor and although it's not too troubling, if I were coming in for the first time and not one who likes to ask questions but relies on signs and directions, I would not know that's the current set up. Also, even if I said that we don't want to be "babied", I would assume that we're just part of the minority :P Most people I know would want to be offered help even if they don't ask for it, maybe along the lines of "It's the thought that counts."

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking high street and with a view of Serendra. Other views would be of cons...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Long island NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Was on a four day stay in Manila last August 2012. At the height of the big storm.
The room I stayed in, was clean and comfortable. I took a deluxe suite. My daughter loved the venue. The bathroom was clean and quite basic - I did like the use of the shower. The entrance was private enough and the location was quite ideal.

I've stayed in less ideal "4 star" hotels all over the world (some quite popular) and this is actually a better hotel, comparably! Whenever I travel, I've have a problem with AC current of the country I visit.... since all of Manila was 220 and the US uses 110 - the solution was the use of a transformer. So when I called for a transformer at the front desk, they actually responded quickly and I had a transformer within minutes. I use a Bipap machine when I sleep.

Meals. I dont know what people are looking for in a breakfast meal. But breakfast choices even at home are rather limited otherwise if you look for a heavy breakfast - its does not jump start your day. I think breakfast at the 3rd floor of the F1 has more choices compared to most hotels that offer free breakfast here in NY City unless of course they were expecting the Waldorf Astoria but thats just my opinion. The dinner buffet is impressive and that is coming from seasoned buffet experts namely my sister and husband who has settled down in Manila.

My only comment is should be more options for kids.

Room Tip: dinner buffet after 9:30 PM is 50% off. This includes a very very good japanese options
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Nice hotel, one of only two in the area currently although a few others are in construction and slated to open sometime soon (think Shangri-La has a new property close by but I could be wrong). The hotel itself is nicely furnished and I would say it probably caters to the Asian business crowd more than anything else. A few notes about the property:

Location - Easy walking distance to shops and Market Market, plenty of eateries close by.

Parking - Plentiful parking in the underground garage, no issues there.

Rooms - modern decor, bed was decent, no balcony, everything was clean, small workstation, shower water was lukewarm and little water pressure.

Service - professional and prompt, very business like.

Breakfast Buffet - better than I've had in the states but a bit disappointing considering the caliber of the property.

Price - I think you can do better that's only a few minutes away, plenty of options in Makati

Noise - there's construction on the adjacent building so it can be noisy up until midnight or so, I saw guys out there welding awfully late. I could clearly hear the guys in the next room, it didn't bother me as I was working late at night covering US EST but it would had I been trying to sleep.

Would I stay here again? Probably not, I ended up getting a suite at a different property the following week in Makati City within walking distance of Greenbelt with twice the room size, much better service, a bathtub and two balconies for only 50 cents more.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the adjacent building construction or at least bring decent earplugs.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Bern, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel already 4 times and I am still a bit bewildered how is the place organized.
Unlikely most of the other hotels, BW F1 does not try to impress guests with the first sight. The hall at the ground level is nothing more but a security check point and elevators. The real reception is on the 5th floor. And here starts a weird experience with elevators – there are four of them available for guests, but not all the facilities are available for each elevator. For example to get to the gym it is necessary to use one of two dedicated elevator. But when you call for a lift you have no influence on which one will arrive. It has happened to me that I had to send off two lifts before the one which goes to the gym arrived.
But there are also the bright sides like location. The hotel is just 5 minutes on foot from Bonifacio High Street full of shops and restaurants. Also rooms are rather nice, spacious and very well equipped (radio, iron, aircon, TV etc.). Especially a radio with a docking station for iPhones is a very good idea. The stuff is helpful and very kind. Design of rooms and especially toilets is very modern.
Comparing with my previous visit I had an impression that breakfast choice is a bit limited now, but still should be fair enough for everybody.
The gym and the pool are a bit small for the hotel of this class, but to be fair I have to say that both are hardly ever overcrowded – maybe due to their size?

Room Tip: Fort Suite is more expensive but for sure more comfortable for a longer stay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

best western premier is very close to st. luke's hospital and a stroll away from the strip and market market. the deluxe room is small but designed very well. clean and cozy. the bathroom is basic. the shower may be difficult for the big ones. breakfast choices is enough. good place to stay if you are going on a trip for your mind and body/health.

Room Tip: get the view of the strip, nicer than the other side.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I bought a deal from the site DealGrocer for an overnight stay for 2 at a City Suite with complimentary breakfast buffet worth a total of P4,800, my group comprised of three people (including myself) so we paid for the additional extra-person charge of P1,500 for an extra bed and buffet breakfast.

I will get the bad out of the way: My friends and I drove ourselves to the hotel and waited a significant amount of time outside at the driveway, no one came to bring our luggage to a luggage trolley, we basically had to do it ourselves. When a bellhop finally attended to us, we had already done his job. I asked if there was a valet service, he said yes and asked me to drive to the parking tollbooth. I found out there that I had to park my car myself, which was fine. I just did not like the confusion the bellhop caused.

Aside from the slightly frustrating start, the rest of our stay became much better. Our room was very spacious, given our purpose. My friends and I booked overnight because we had a really early fun run that was near the hotel to go to in the morning. The air-conditioning was comfortable, not too cold and not warm at all. The wireless internet connection was satisfactory, we clocked it to speeds of about 3Mbps. Elevators were a little small but surprisingly speedy. We requested that our bed be a King Size so that we all could fit in and it was very comfortable, my friend liked the pillows and found it exceptionally soft. The bathroom was clean, plus points because the toilet had a bidet.

I was really happy with the gym. Despite being a little small, my friend and I were able to get in a good midnight workout (the gym is open 24 hours a day). They have a decent number of LifeFitness treadmills with built in HDTVs and an auxillary control which allows you to control your monitor easily while you run. The other equipment provide a total body workout so I was pleased.

The location is beyond great. Fort Bonifacio is home to many key spots and the hotel is right across SnR Membership Shopping if you need supplies, down the road is a McDonald's and other POIs. It's also near the Makati hub for most of anything you plan to do in the metro. Since we had a car, the location was perfect.

Lastly, the buffet. I will be honest, it didn't wow me. But after running a 5k run, my friends and I were more than happy to just chow down to unlimited garlic rice and breakfast viands. I was slightly pleased that they served corned beef, corned beef and garlic rice is my number one favorite breakfast and I always hope that whatever hotel I stay in serves it.

In conclusion, we got what we paid for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to F1 Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!