“Don't bother” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 19 things to do in Taguig City
Sydney Mines, Canada
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Well decided to try and visit this Museum as a visitor to the Philippines from Australia. Found the location but were denied entry due to e fact that you need clearance to enter the base. After nearly 2 hours of cab rides attending multiple gates, and being sent back to gates we just left ended giving up. Philippine Military were rude and unwilling to assist us. It was just all too hard. Good luck to any person who attempts to visit this place. No designed for the tourist.

Visited June 2013

Las Pinas
1,134 reviews 1,134 reviews
531 attraction reviews
“Good place to learn about the PA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

History and a deeper understanding and awareness for the institution called the Philippine Army. Go and visit - you just might discover things you never knew before.

Visited June 2013
Beijing, China
9 attraction reviews
“Explore the Philippine Army Museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Army Museum is located inside Fort Bonifacio, MacArthur Drive, about a mile north of Manila American Cemetery and Memorial. Fort Bonifacio is a military camp for the Philippines Army HQ.
I saw the museum on a Manila tourist map and decided to explore on my own. The taxi I took went thru the traffic jams and stopped in front of the Camp’s main gate. I went in and told the guards that I would like to visit the museum. The guards were friendly and professional. They told me that I need clearance and phoned their PR department for approval. About 20 minutes later, a military pickup truck came, picked me up and headed for the office of visitor registration. I left my passport at the office and was issued a visitor’s pass. Sgt Dizon, a military policeman, escorted me to the museum in the pickup and showed me around, giving brief introductory remarks now and then.
The Army museum is composed of both indoor and outdoor exhibitions. Heavy military equipment such as armored personnel carriers, cannons, tanks etc. are on display in the open. Inside the museum building, exhibitions cover in great detail the army’s past history, present status, weapons, uniforms, missions, and future development and so on. It is a good effort at public relations and helpful to those who are interested in military stuffs. Needless to say, there is a souvenir shop near the exit where you can buy something to remember your visit. I had to surrender my visitor pass at the office and got my passport in return.
I did not make an arrangement in advance. But the guards, MPs and officers that I met were friendly and helpful. They even escorted me in the pickup to the American Cemetery and Memorial after my museum visit when I told them my travel plans. It was a pleasant experience.

Visited October 2012