“Crispy Pata Lacks Flavor” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Filipino
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Makati, Philippines
“Crispy Pata Lacks Flavor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I live near the area and believe it or not it is my first time to dine here. I was hesitant to eat here before because the place looks really expensive and fancy. To my surprise, food rate here is SO reasonable considering the location and interior ambiance. Price rate is comparable to Max's.

We tried Knockout Knuckle (Crispy Pata). My boyfriend and I had tried varieties of Crispy Pata and I can't really say that their version is the best. Yes, meat is tender. Skin is crunchy. But it lacks flavor compared to the other version we have tasted. It is actually bland. No memorable taste. Maybe they used pressure cooker in cooking this thus the blandness. Of course this is just for the Crispy Pata. I haven't tried yet their other dishes so we will see.

Over all, I will still go back to try some more. At least we have other Filipino restaurant options now other than Max's.

By the way, they have unlimited rice for only Php 65.00. And they have excellent service too.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Diego, California
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This place has the filipino atmosphere for sure. The service need more attantive but the food was so good. We had to wait to be seated for 15 minutes for inside seating.

Visited November 2012
davao, cebu, manila
“I never thought they'd serve unli rice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Among the foreign-food restos in Serendra, there's Abe, a Filipino resto. Of all the dishes we ordered--gising-gising, sinigang, adobo/humba, etc., I forgot the name of the dish that tastes like dinuguan but not at all dark. And I like it. Everything's usual but that. Try their tamarind shake also. I'll try their kamias shake next time. And what made this posh resto in Serendra truly a Filipino resto is that they serve unli rice! Haha, yes, unli rice, the benchmark these days of what makes a resto truly Filipino.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Makati City
“So...So...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Well, aside from its superb location, the only sort of special thing about Abe was their Sinuteng Baby Squid and that yellowish rice i forgot what its called(which is a bit pricey anyway). The Sugpo in Aligue ng talangka was good but a bit overpriced for a 4pc-sugpo worth P595.00. Theres some lacking taste with their pork lengua asado, which dissappointed me. I think there are better restos to try within BHS. But overall, i can still give it a try.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
mla
“Filipino food with a modern twist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

A must try is their crispy tilapia whose dip is somewhat pungent and strong and every bit exotic. There is not much people on weekeday lunch but it is safe to make a reservation. They provide outdoor seating and it is quite nice when it is cool outside. Per order is around P300 and is good for two to three persons.

Visited November 2012