“Great meal, great service.” 5 of 5 stars

+44 161 337 8705
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: Thai
“Great meal, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I tried this place because were we normally go was fully booked. Glad to say I wasn't disappointed.
The food we had we excellent and the service great as well. The meal was very reasonably priced and we felt very well looked after. The restaurant is very well decorated and it all makes for a very pleasant experience. I will be returning very soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cheshire
“A little Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I thought I would try this restaurant having eaten in many Thai restaurants and some of the supposed best. I decided to take our family of 4 out for an early dinner and couldn't be bothered going into Manchester again so I did a little search within a couple of miles of home.

From the outside the restaurant is fairly inconspicuous. Once inside the restaurant is clean and tidy, OK no grand furnishings like Vermillion or Chaophraya (the latter incidentally once served me a poor meal, so furnishings are not everything) but i did't care as I just wanted good Thai food. Boy I wasn't disappointed. The staff (I suspect owners) were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. The food was delicious, tom yam soup was loaded with ingredients, mixed starters nice and fresh and in fact for my main, one of the best penang red curries I have ever tasted :)

The restaurant doesn't have a alcohol license so Bring Your Own is the way to drink here (in fact the lady explained this when I booked and then on arrival offered to take the drinks from us to put straight into their fridge). So no overpriced wines to bump up the bill either :)

In short a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) ate really well for just over £60 quid. This included 2 rounds of soft drinks for the kids. So......great food, a warm welcome and reasonable prices = happy customers!

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, lovely service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We don't often get the chance to go out for a meal in Denton, but when we do, this is now our first choice. We've been a number of times now and the food is consistently excellent and the service very friendly and efficient. The staff remember us from previous visits and are always very welcoming. We brought our own wine this time and very quickly we were provided with an ice bucket. We have previously visited with our two-year-old and would say that this is a great place for families as the chef can be very accommodating for kids, preparing dishes to your needs. Very pleased to see several tables busy mid-week. Would definitely recommend.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Thai food. A real gem that deserves to be supported.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We have been to this restaurant 7 or 8 times since it opened. The food is fantastic. The service is great . The couple who run it are so lovely and gracious. The chef is apparently formerly of the Phetpailin which is one of the best Thai restaurants in the City Centre.

Not only is the food really good, you can take your own beer or wine in with no corkage charge , so it's a pretty inexpensive night out .

There are so many Indian restaurants around and they are getting very same old same old , a little like Chinese food became 15 years ago. Thai food is fragrant , flavoursome and can be spicy for those who like it, but just ask them for less spice if you prefer, but it certainly won't be bland like a lot of curries are now.

It is a real gem in our midst, so please support it . There are precious few good restaurants in Tameside but this is certainly up there with the best around. I've put atmosphere as average only beacuse there were only a few people in. I am sure that with a more full restaurant, the atmosphere would be much better. Everything else about it though is really very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lancashire, England
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My daughter has been here several times and raved about the place. This was the first visit for my wife and I. The Blue Sapphire cannot be faulted in our opinion. The staff are wonderfully friendly and the food is absolutely fantastic. We will definitely be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere