“Best Wedding Venue 100%” 3 of 5 stars

Lynnhurst Hotel
Park Road, Johnstone PA5 8LS, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Johnstone
glasgow
“Best Wedding Venue 100%”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We had our wedding here last week and i have to start by saying that the entire day was faultless from start to end.I have to give a special mention to Sean & Allan who were the managers on the day, i could not have hoped for a better day.
The Hotel was recommended to us and i have to say that i was not dissapointed.the staff and food were amazing and sean really made sure that every aspect of our day ran to plan.
Thank you to the lynnhurst Hotel for making our dreams come true.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Greenock, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Booked my wedding here in April 2012 and was very happy with the wedding planner and happy with the package we had negotiated and the full, detailed quote we received by email from the hotel, so paid the £500 deposit to book. Two months later I noticed that the hotel had taken money from my bank account, on calling them they advised that the rooms we had booked for our wedding night had been put in for 2012 instead of 2014 and because nobody turned up for the rooms, my bank card was charged. I assumed it would be quote simple to refund the money into my bank account however I was told I would need to wait for a manager to call me back. I had to call the hotel 3 times during the day and kept being promised I would get a call back from a manager within the next half an hour. Eventually I received a call back from a manager at 9.15pm (after my first call at 10am) and I was told if I wanted a refund I would need to come to the hotel to pick the money up or they could transfer money into my bank account which would take 5 working days. However as they had put my bank account into an overdraft I had no choice but to go and collect the money myself to avoid charges from my bank. Whilst on the phone to the manager of the hotel I made an appointment to speak with the wedding planner the next day to make sure all the rooms we required would be booked for our wedding night in 2014. I then received a call at 9.45pm. I missed the call so it went to voicemail and it was from the manager of the hotel advising that she will also be at my appointment with the wedding planner the next day to "put my mind at ease". The next day I went up to the hotel expecting an apology for the mess they had made and to meet with the wedding planner and manager however only the manager was there. Instead of a grovelling apology I got handed a brand new quote from the hotel which showed that the cost of my wedding had now gone up by over £1000 AND the package wasn't even the same. Turned out the wedding planner had completely messed up our quote, priced everything incorrectly and the hotel were not willing to honour his quote. We were at the hotel for 2 hours discussing everything with the manager and she advised there was nothing they could do we would either need to accept the new cost or cancel the wedding and they would give us our deposit back (which they don't normally do). I was absolutely disgusted and heartbroken. We had every detail in writing from the wedding planner with all the costs but apparantly the hotel can just increase the costs at any time because they have used the word "quote". Which means they could still increase the cost of our new "quote". This hotel should not be trusted, they managed to increase the cost of my wedding by over £1000 in 2 months so goodness only knows what else they would do in 2 years! We had no option but to cancel our wedding. They only thing we were offered to compensate for the substantial increase was a free room the night before the wedding, which simply wasn't good enough. We were also told that they were doing an audit on all weddings to check they had been priced correcly so it seems like more couples will also be receiving news like this. I ended up leaving this hotel in tears and feeling like we had been conned. I dont even know if what they have done is legal, I very much doubt it. Even more concerning was the fact that the wedding planner we booked our wedding through, that had made all these mistakes and made huge false promises, was working at a wedding that day! After cancelling our wedding we have been hearing more and more bad stories about this hotel, one woman I know had to cancel her wedding because they had double booked the date. They are completely unproffesional and incompetant and my advice to anyone considering booking their big day is to AVOID and if you do book then be prepared for the price to increase in as little as 2 months.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
shaunlynnhurst, Manager at Lynnhurst Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Guest
I would like to respond to your recent review. I am very disappointed that we were not able to come to a resolve on this matter, we pride ourselves on the manner in which we conduct our business here at the Lynnhurst and as we have had over 200 weddings over the last 12 months all of which have been a massive success.
I will start by apologising regarding the confusion regarding the room booking and charges applied to your account, this is most definitely an isolated incident and has never happened in the past, we endeavour to rectify and deal with any customer concerns within 24hrs of receiving them and as such I will apologise that after your call at 10 am that we did not get back to you until 8 hrs later. I can only offer an explanation that I myself was dealing with a wedding party on this particular day and as we give 100% attention to our Bride & Grooms on their special Day I was unable to get back to you straight away.
When any couple book their special day with us we do at the time of booking provide an estimated cost and this is subject to the estimated numbers given at the time of booking. Here at the hotel we endeavour to provide the very best advice and guidance to every wedding party and as such we will always recommend the correct catering amounts to avoid disappointment when the number of guests attending the wedding are not always catered for with regards to canapés and evening buffet.
With regards to our prices here at the hotel these cost are set and documented and are supplied with the wedding brochure, unlike other Hotels that make allowances for an increase % year on year our pricing structure are set up to the year 2014 which makes the understanding of cost clear.
I would also refer to your comment regarding the double booking of a wedding-this has never happened here at the Hotel as our booking system and confirmation of a wedding is checked and double checked, we have never found ourselves in this situation.
The planning and preparation for a wedding day is equally as important of the day itself and as such we pride ourselves on the many weddings we have coordinated and have had the pleasure of making their special day so memorable.
I will once again apologise that we did not meet your expectations and were unable to come to a solution for your wedding day.
Kilwinning, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Although reasonably local, we had never been to the hotel before friends invited us to their wedding at the Lynnhurst. I am not normally overwhelmed when staying in hotels or accomodation at home, but our day and night at the Lynnhurst was so good that I felt I needed to write a review.

Wedding venue, excellent, food plentiful and tasty, service friendly, bedrooms tastefully decorated, comfortable and best I've stayed in recent years. Wholeheartedly recommend this hotel for weddings, business or pleasure. Even the Hotel Inspector would be hard pushed to find fault with this hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lanarkshire, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed here last month as my friend was using the venue for his wedding. We had booked an executive room for £105 and were amazed to see we had been allocated the Wallace suite. For the price this room was fantastic value and a fantastic room with great decor. The overall venue for the wedding was also great.

Room Tip: Book the Wallace suite
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Wemyss Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Popped in for lunch today (including the mother in law) , did not book, as we hoped to see what it would be like - off the cuff. We had previously been for an 80th birthday celebration last month, 21 guests in all, with a full blown wedding in progress which I think is normal for this popular venue. The food on the night was great, not a single complaint, served promptly and the staff were very attentive. Back to the lunch today, very good - the lunchtime special was very reasonable priced. The three of us had different dishes, all well prepared and for me personally - briliant, to get "real homemade chips" - not the frozen kind, which seems to be the growing norm, which "previously good" establishments throughout the area and beyond, tend to now drop thier standards by using the cheap and nasty inferior chips. All in all a very good experence. Will be back again and might even consider an overnight stay to sample dinner - despite the fact that we do not stay very far from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
shaunlynnhurst, Manager at Lynnhurst Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience with us, our new Lounge bar menu has been a great success and the amount of positive responses from it has been fantastic.
Bridge of Weir, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Our daughter Rachel and her fiance Graeme got married on Saturday 5th May 2012. A lovely sunny day. The Church service was perfect and very emotional (for me at least!). Then we arrived at the Lynnhurst Hotel. All I can say was 'Absolutely Gorgeous'. The tables were perfect and the top table too! Rachel's idea's had come together to produce a perfect setting! The food was delicious and the service top class! The ground's made a wonderful backdrop for some lovely photographs. The addition of the Pegoda and the Bridge/Pond are fabulous! It was a first class choice of venues. The Manager and Staff of the Lynnhurst Hotel in Johnstone should feel very proud indeed. It was a top class venue and made the day a top class Wedding.............Thankyou from Coral & Scott McLaughlin (Rachel's parents)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest
We are delighted that you had a fantastic day with us; the Team here at the hotel work very hard to ensure that every aspect of a wedding day runs smooth. Thank you once again for sharing your experience on trip advisor and we hope to see you back at the hotel on a regular basis.
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My son got married in this hotel and I must say everything was perfect and all the staff made it a perfect day. The food was beautiful and served by a very competent staff. I would recomend this venue to anyone who wants to have a wedding go without a hitch. We also stayed overnight and was most impressed by room and the great Scottish breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank for your kind review, we are pleased to hear that your son and his new wife had a most memorable day with us here at the Lynnhurst Hotel.
We pride ourselves on the levels of service we provide and are always happy when positive feedback is received.
Shaun Donnelly

Been to Lynnhurst Hotel? Share your experiences!