“Best Italian food I have found...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Best Italian food I have found...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My girlfriend and I have just visited Sorrento's for the second time and yet again, the food is amazing! I really can't stress how good it is and the menu options are perfect. The restaurant is pleasant and the staff friendly. And what always surprises me is the bill, very reasonable for such fantastic food. The only point to make which isn't a positive, if I had to find one is parking isn't great (or that I found) but then, I think I would walk there to get some more of that food!

• Visited December 2013

Worcester Park, United Kingdom
“Good venue for a group celebration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

My second lunch visit in a 35+ group within a week. Good value and atmosphere, as usual. We chose from the menu on the day.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bebington, United Kingdom
“A Wonderful Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We'd just returned to our hotel after spending the day in Legoland and were looking for somewhere to eat. Walking down Ewell Road, we spotted the only restaurant that seemed to have any customers, so decided to give it a try. I'm glad we did. A very warm and friendly welcome and some of the most delicious Italian food I've ever eaten. My only complaint is that they're a four hour drive from where we live !

Leicester, United Kingdom
“What a Find.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Restaurant actually in Tolworth, but we were passing by and decided to sample the lunchtime menu on offer. Food was superb, the staff polite and service was excellent. Portion sizes large and the value for money was fantastic. The restaurant was fairly busy on a Friday lunchtime and it was easy to see why. Decor a little dated, but hey, what does it matter with food like this!!

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great, traditional Italian food & good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We'd been recommended to this place by younger friends (we're in our 70s) and we can understand why.
Warm welcome, very comfortable round table with plenty of room and not too noisy - quite unusual these days and no over-bearing loud music to drown conversation.
As other reviewers have mentioned, the set menu is excellent value and had what we thought was a good choice for each course. The aubergine starter and cannelloni were plentiful, tasty and served hot and fresh - no suggestion that they'd been overheated in a microwave.
Good range of different meat dishes for the mains served with lovely fresh vegetables and courgettes in batter which were a welcome change. We particularly enjoyed the calves liver and lamb shanks.
The only thing lacking was a greater choice of pasta dishes which one of our party would have liked.
Choice of traditional Italian sweets from the trolley and freshly made tiramisu completed a great meal.
We can thoroughly recommend the house red wine (Merlot variety) which was excellent value at £10 bottle and served at a good room temperature.
The little extras like a selection of olives, breadsticks, good bread, and Italian sweets with the good coffee were all supplied free of charge. The visit was completed by attentive service from pleasant, friendly staff who did not pester nor neglect us. Easy, free parking nearby completed an excellent evening.
We too can thoroughly recommend this restaurant and will certainly be returning.

• Visited September 2013