“Still our Favourite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London-Kingston South

You added Holiday Inn London-Kingston South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kingston Tower Portsmouth Road, Surbiton KT6 5QQ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Surbiton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birmingham, UK
“Still our Favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Kingston several times over the last three years whilst visiting our son and have to admit it is our favorite in the area. We have tried others but we still keep coming back to the Holiday Inn.

We stayed here earlier in the year and had a problem with the heating and the shower in the room but we were soon switched to another room and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. As an apology we were rewarded with a complimentary night in one of their Queen Executive rooms which had a balcony and a lovely view over the Thames and the marina which more than compensated for our previous experience.

Compliments to the staff who were extremely helpful and courteous making our stay enjoyable and the excellent choice for breakfast provides a good start to the day.

Kingston itself is a firm favorite with Hampton Court, Richmond and Kew all in close proximity not forgetting the enjoyable walks along the Thames. There's an excellent choice of dining experiences, the Rose Theater and great shopping for the ladies, sorry to go on but we love it there.

Room Tip: Push the boat out and choose one of the rooms overlooking the Thames.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MSandfort, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear JohnandD_13,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback on TripAdvisor. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed returning to the Holiday Inn London-Kingston South and that our staffs were very helpful in your hour of need. Please take my apology regarding the heating and shower in your room, I am glad that this was resolved. I will certainly pass on your kind words to them as this encourages them to keep up the good work.

JohnandD_13, you are a highly valued guest and I thank you again for your valuable feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I can be of any future assistance. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Marc Sandfort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

A nice modern feeling hotel. Free wifi and an excellent restauraunt. Only down side is the 2 minute walk from the carpark behind the LandRover garage (although there are some '20 min' bays that people leave their cars in at the front), which if it were raining would be a pain.
I've stayed in plenty of holiday inns and currently this is the best one due to being chosen as 'guest of the day' and getting a free upgrade to the executive suite, which is a great marketing ploy that I really appreciated and would definitely stay here again, just in case ;-)

Room Tip: Phone ahead and ask to be thought of for the 'guest of the day' choice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wavey_Davy,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our Riverview Restaurant, we have a variety of menu choices from our Delvi Cuisine to Tapas Platter. The free WiFi is a new facility that we have introduced and I am glad that you were able to use this service.

I have noted your concerns with regards to the ’20 minutes’ parking bay located at the front of the hotel. I assure you that I will discuss the points you highlighted with the management team to further improve these areas.

Wavey_Davy, you are a highly valued guest and I thank you again for your valuable feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I can be of any future assistance. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Although my experience was Spot on, friends of mine who were included on my original booking did have some issues with the inclusive breakfast, this did become frustrating, however was resolved.
I found the hotel to be modern, clean and great for our visit, and would return, staff were friendly and welcoming, we were allowed to check in early which allowed us to get on with our trip

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lucas0237,

I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed your experience here with us at the Holiday Inn London – Kingston South. Please take my apology regarding the issue with breakfast rate inclusive your friend had, I am glad that this was resolved. I will also pass on your kind words to the staff as this strives them to keep up the good work.

Lucas0237, you are a highly valued guest and I thank you again for your valuable feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I can be of any future assistance. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I booked this hotel as it was close by to family in Surbiton and a good price at just over £100 per night (especially as it was London Marathon weekend). The hotel is new and compact with a small bar and restaurant area near to reception and just over the road and 10 minutes walk from Kingston river side and Jubilee walk. There is plenty of free and secure parking just a few minutes walk away from hotel. The rooms are modern and clean and have everything you would need for a weekend away including a very comfortable bed, small fridge and flat screen TV with internet functionality. Breakfast was very good with excellent and friendly service - the usual self service hotel fare, but plenty to set up for the day with additional items to order. Throughout our stay all the stay were exceptionally friendly. This was not a problem for us but, on the Friday evening there was a tribute band playing in the hotels ground floor function suite and a wedding in full swing on the Saturday night. Our room was located on the second floor and it was surprising noisy on both evenings, the noise did stop at exactly midnight on both evenings but if you want to get your head down early I would ask for a higher room if staying on a weekend night!

Overall, excellent value and highly recommended if you are looking to stay on the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bokafrica,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the staff has given you their excellent service, I will make sure your kind words are passed on to the team as this encourages them to keep up the good work.

I have noted your concerns with regards to the function noise in your room on the 2nd floor. I assure you that I will discuss the points you highlighted with the management team to further improve these areas.

Bokafrica, you are a highly valued guest and I thank you again for your valuable feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I can be of any future assistance. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

stayed in standard double on the 23rd-25th october 2009.
so far of all the hotels i have stayed in this has been the most luxurious one ive stayed in big bed with flat sreen tv on wall, you have to pay for internet and additonal channels. glass desk table and glass wall in front of the bathroom. very clean and tidy. breakfast buffet was lovely and i didnt want leave and would love to go back again even though i have no reason for to go back the area.

Room Tip: be early for breakfast pillow is not quite right, if its too soft you can change it the one you wan...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Melissakiz,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback on our website. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and that the accommodation was comfortable. Our internet facility is now complimentary for our guests and I hope you will be able to take advantage of our facility when you return.

Melissakiz, you are a highly valued guest and I thank you again for your valuable feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I can be of any future assistance. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

West Country
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The staff at this pleasant hotel are unexceptionally helpful and friendly. The informal open bar and lounge made this a relaxing area for a solo traveller and enjoyable for people-watching. Food was good, especially the light bite. There were a few items in my room that didn't work and I had to change rooms which was easily done. I have to agree that the bed was a bit too firm for my taste, but otherwise the room was stylishly decorated and it was actually possible to turn off the air -conditioning and open a window! The bus service into Kingston itself was convenient by day but more problematic at night. Surbiton station is a bit of a trot although usefully there are plenty of shops and places to eat along the way. Parking was simple and convenient. It's a good location if you are using the car to travel in the area but I wouldn't recommend it as a base for travelling into central London due to the distance from Kingston and Surbiton stations. If you enjoy folk music the RAMM folk club is very near and truly excellent.

Room Tip: I guess you just have to try one and see - I did find a few minor niggles but it was really easy to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very good value - nice restaurant that serves promptly and has a very good menu - don't catch them during peak hours... quality may fall off a bit. Very good staff - they do their best to please. My bed mattress was quite hard and uncomfortable for my needs. Business rate is competitive - fitness facilities are over priced. I will be a return customer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear WGBerry,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind remarks for the staff. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you had with the mattress. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn London-Kingston South? Share your experiences!