“well looked after and lovely staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London-Kingston South

You added Holiday Inn London-Kingston South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kingston Tower Portsmouth Road, Surbiton KT6 5QQ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Surbiton
Plymouth, England
“well looked after and lovely staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed 4 nights as was on a training course and from start to finish was very well looked after. Room comfortable, well appointed and spotlessly clean, nice and quiet and bed really comfortable. You can open the windows in this hotel and get fresh air which makes a nice change and just gives the option of turning off the air con from time to time.
Was on a bed and breakfast package, always plenty of choice and food hot and well presented. Lunch also taken at the hotel, again lots of choice and portions generous.
Ate a couple of times in the evening, the bar food was reasonably priced and my colleagues and I enjoyed our choices. The indian food in the restaurant was delicious, light, fresh and really tasty. Didnt get a chance to visit the Sky Bar as was only open on Friday and Saturday.
Without exception the service was outstanding, from the reception, to the food and beverage staff, managers and domestics, it felt like they were happy to work here. There is plenty of parking, free wifi and all in all everything to make a trip away from home on business a lot more bearable! Taxi from/to Surbiton station around £6, also cash points, pubs, restaurants, supermarkets and chemist within a 10 to 15 min walk from the hotel and did check out the Nuffield health club around the corner for gym and swim. Really recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
suresh s, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Marilyn99,

Thank you for posting five star review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn London Kingston South. We really appreciate such positive feedback - as we continue to improve our guest experience it provides great motivation to our staff.

I do hope you will have the opportunity to stay once again in the future and our team are ready to welcome you once more.

Kind Regards,

Suresh Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Windsor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

This was a great holiday inn. Very cheap price for a new years eve and we were highly impressed.

It was brand new and modern with a lovely entrance. Free parking too!

Rooms were v good and check out was allowed until 2pm which meant we could have a lie in after a very late night.

Double bed comfy but the duvet was a bit thin! A bit of dust too but I put that down to the rooms not being used much.

Would highly recommend and return. Friendly staff too which can sometimes be rare for the hotel industry.

• Stayed December 2012
suresh s, De at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Portugal611,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us in Holiday Inn London Kingston South and I am delighted you enjoyed the hotel and that in particular our team stood out during your time with us.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn London Kingston South in the near future.

Kind Regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

From the moment I met with the event manager 10 months before the Ball, I knew it was going to be a success.
I hosted a charity ball at the Holiday in for 205 guests and it was perfect from start to finish. All the preparation beforehand, nothing was too much to ask for and all my requirements were met with ease. The package was excellent value for money, the food options were very flexible and the help I received on the day was superb. The hotel itself is spotlessly clean, not a mark or stain anywhere to be found.
On the night, everything was as promised, the room was already prepared and the staff were helpful, very polite to my guests and very very efficient when serving 205 guests with hot food. Each and every member of staff looked happy to be there, worked well as a team and joined in with the fun.
The function room is just the right size for 200 guests, the lighting perfect and as the event was in December we had Christmas trees dotted around and a beautiful photo backdrop.
The food was served promptly and hot (not a single guest complained about the food) and there was so much of it. The table service was 10/10 and everything was cleared away with ease. The bar was fully stocked and nothing was too much trouble for the bar staff who worked very hard!!
When our event finished, the staff assisted in calling taxi’s for my guests, assisted guests with their coats and were very understanding with those few guests who had a little too much to drink. My room was very nice and breakfast the following morning was superb.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to hold a function and I just hope I can host another ball there next year.
Words really can't explain what excellent service this hotel provides. Thank you to everyone at the Holiday Inn Kingston South for making my charity event such a pleasant huge success.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Dawn O,

Thank you very much for your five star review. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you had such an excellent experience at the Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, and that our staffs were efficient and helpful in their service. Please be assured that I have personally passed on your compliments onto the Team.

Thank you again for your feedback, I and the whole team look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn London- Kingston South in the near future.
Regards

Farnham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Typical branded Holiday Inn, very efficient check in, staff friendly and chatty.
Bedroom a little small but comfortable enough.
We were heading out for a party and this was simply a bed for the night.
Breakfast service efficient, good coffee but presentation of hot items not particularly good and as is often the case was only luke warm.
Will definitely will return when the need arises, one final point, this hotel is in Surbiton and not Kingston.

• Stayed December 2012
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was quite impressed with the whole checking in process along with room size and amenities.
The hotel is acvtually in surbiton and not kingston at all.
The so called soft pillows have had its day and should be discarded. Arrived back to the hotel in the wee hours of the morning and hence did not get a chance to have breakfast.The Airconditioning noise was quite horrendous all through the night.

all in all not a bad place at all and would probably stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed for one night on business. About 30 minutes by car from Heathrow. I got there late, but the service manager managed to open the bar just to serve me a drink. The hotel room was modern and clean. But.... the clincher was the service. The manager remembered me the next morning and was very nice over the phone and chatty in person. He booked a taxi for me and when they were late I could hear him phoning back and shouting at the company, forcing them to apologise to me when they got there. This guy was brilliant. Hotels like Holiday Inn are all the same. The service makes the difference. Will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
suresh s, deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Pmooneynet,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you had such an excellent experience at the Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, and that our staff were efficient and helpful in their service.

Thank you again for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn London- Kingston South in the near future.

Regards

lancashire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

After a recent stay, feel I must write to say how bad everything was. Changed rooms 4 times, terrible smell outside room near lift on 1st floor. TV not working in 2 rooms, bad drain smell in other room, and bad smoking smell in last room, gave up after this. Kettle and cups dirty in room, bath partition dirty and rusty,towels hard and worn. Wondered by nobody was eating in the restaurant in the evening, stopped wondering after trying the breakfast.
Dirty crockery left for considerable time on the stairwell between floors.

Hotel needs a thorough refurbishment.

Was offered wine and fruit by Duty Manager,a very poor compensation for such a bad experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
suresh s, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear CocoLancashire,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback about the Holiday Inn London Kingston South on Trip Advisor. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services to surpass the very high standards our guests expect

Please let me take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused during your last visit.

I have noted all your concerns during your last stay with us. I assure you that I have discussed the points you highlighted with the management team to further improve these areas. I also note your comments on the bedroom, which following a recent renovation work in the Gym close to the first floor rooms is now completed and other issues are dealt with the maintenance and housekeeping team.

You are highly valued guest and your last experience does not typify the very high standards of service we strive to maintain.

I thank you again for your valuable feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I can be of any future assistance. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Yours Sincerely
Suresh Singh

Been to Holiday Inn London-Kingston South? Share your experiences!