“Relaxing Oasis” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Surbiton
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Relaxing Oasis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed as a couple to attend a family wedding in Surbiton. Excellent, relaxing and modern room, fantastic bed as well. Spacious and with all ammenities. even though we were facing the road on the 3rd floor I didn't hear a thing when the windows were shut, and the aircon worked just fine. Staff were helpful and sociable and the continental buffet breakfast was more than ample. There is no parking at this hotel, but they have an arrangement with a premises around the corner, literally 5 minutes walk. We were able to park on the road and drop the bags before parking up. If you couldn't park and had to walk from the car with bags check the weather and bring your brolly. 5 mins from the station so good for all of London - good pubs and eatery's nearby if you are staing local. - I would book here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: 305 was just fine for a couple :-)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Sutton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had my 30th birthday in the bar. reserved an area for 50 people, although i had about 80. Didn't help the bar had overobooked so it was absolutely heaving. Beers are always cold and £4.50 which for a place like this is reasonable. Cocktails are good but not too cheap. Atre in there the week before on tasecard as always, food was top drawer. Will definetely be coming back here very soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Booked a room on the 2nd floor on a Saturday night, the aim of the nights stay was to be close to an event with an early morning start on the Sunday. Staff were helpful and pleasant, but due to the bar below sleep was lacking as the music started a 8.30pm and finished a 1.00am. Hotel was clean and modern, though bed side light was faulty.

Room Tip: When booking ask about the sound levels from the Bar below
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bosco, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Paul B,

Thank you for your recent review.

I apologise for the inconvneience you experienced as a result of residual noise from the Bar, please be assured that this was an isolated incident caused by the failure of noise limiters, which has now been rectified.

I can confirm that the bedside lamp has been replaced, and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to welcome you back, and as such please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can personally look after your reservation.
delhi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at this property. It was my first time in London and though the place was not too far from the airport (ABout 30 mins by Taxi), it was not 'really' London. More close to Surrey I guess. The hotel was decent. The rooms were modern, breakfast was average, not huge really. The restaurant served decent food. The tube station is very very near, 3 minutes walking I think. Its like a good 3 star and not too bad at all. Did not offer much to excite one, but was not bad either on any account. Above average and a good choice at this side of London.

Room Tip: They have a single lift so a room on 1st floor is best so you can just climb!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
blackpool
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Tricky review this - the hotel is really cool, staff work hard, decor very nice but didnt sleep well at all and breakfast service was terrible. Could easily of got 4 stars......

I had a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the air con units. These ran all day and all night and very noisy. The window didnt close properly so we couldnt stop the noise. i even tried ear plugs but this didnt help. Had a rubbish night sleep which spoilt our visit.

You can also hear the noise from the bar - not too bad but would want to be any closer.

Bad smell of cigarette smoke, we were over the staff room i think and people smoked out of the window. we couldnt close the window to keep the smoke out.

Breakfast was chaotic - no staff - busy restaurant - no food. The one person that was on was running around and trying hard but couldnt cope. no bread, cereal, juice - nothing.... The breakfast is continental style but there was nothing available.

Other than that the hotel is potentially great. good location just next to the train station and close to town. cost is ok.

Feel a bit mean giving 2 stars but no sleep and no breakfast is pretty poor - think of this as 2.5 or nearly 3.

i would insist on a room at the front of the hotel on a high floor - might be ok then.

Tip - nice weatherspoons next door so have brekkie in there !!

Room Tip: go for front of the hotel on a high floor. dont accept a room on a low floor at the back of the hot...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Antoinette_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bosco, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear adamjadam,
I am sorry to learn that you experienced issues with certain aspects of your stay at Hotel Bosco.
Thank you for bringing the broken window, and the air conditioning unit noise to our attention, please be assured that the window has now been replaced, and a service for the units has been arranged which will reduce the level of noise.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced at breakfast, which on this occasion appears not to have met our normally high level of service. I have spoken to the restaurant team, and it appears that this was as a result of a member of the team not being able to attend work at short notice.
I would like the opportunity to welcome you back and as such please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can personally look after your reservation.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is the first time we stayed at this hotel. We stayed for two nights as we were going to a concert in Twickingham.
The hotel was great, the room we had was on the third floor. It was clean and tidy, and an added bonus was that we had a balcony which was a very good size over looking Surbiton town. Surbiton was a great area very close to Hampton Court Palace and the River Thames.
You can walk to the River Thames were you can take a boat trip and walk to Surbiton Staion fron thew hotel.
I would definately stay at this hotel agin and would definately reccommend it to people wishing to say in a very nice area outside of central London.
A continental breakfast is offered in the room price but you can have a cooked breakfast for an extra supplement. The breakfast we had was very good and offered a varied choice.
We were advised that the hotel was having live music until 1am on the day we arrived, but we did not hear anything from our room.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel on the third floor. Very quiet with good view from the balcon...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

As a real loyal customer at bosco for the past year I have always had a great night out,whether it has been with my boyfriend or the girls.I felt compelled to write a review as I disagree with one of the reviews posted. I had my birthday there last week and as usual the cocktails were sublime,the staff friendly and the manager easy going and very helpful.and this kind of service is very hard to come by. This makes bosco my favourite bar in the whole of Surrey.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Bosco? Share your experiences!