I visited Maldives with my hubby and kids last month. Ranjit Phillipose, the General Manager of the Taj Exotica Resort & Spa arranged our accommodation there at the Taj Exotica. We booked our holidays through the online travel portal of Maldivestourister.com. We had a seamless transition to Maldives and our rooms and commute were also arranged beforehand. Thus the combo of Exotica and MT really ensured a memorable & a comparatively cheaper trip.Taxes on rooms and plane transfers r real pricey in maldives,make sure u include them in ur budget as well
The lagoon villa was our abode in the resort. It was a wonderful room having amazing views. The lagoon was properly maintained and hence there was no fear of the usual mosquitoes which accompany these pool side rooms. These were slightly expensive than the other rooms but we got a package deal and decided to go for them.
Our bungalow on the lagoon faced Male and was about 30 SQM in area. It faced the eastern side and hence provided an excellent opportunity to see the sunrise as we generally woke up early. There were water bungalows on the other side of the lagoon too and you would be bereft of the opportunity to view of the sunrise or the sunset from in there. So choose accordingly.
Over-water villas were also available but they usually depend on the season you are going and so check for prior availability. The reefs were present below the water and hence it was not much pleasurable to enjoy a swim in there. The other kind of rooms was the deluxe beach villas which basically had the advantage of access to a private beach and were probably slightly larger in area. Only the water bungalows though on the lagoon have plunge pools which can be experienced.
Thus along with the rooms, other facilities were top notch too and thus the Taj Exotica is a resort which is highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Award-winning resort is a sublime fusion of luxury and nature. Nestled amidst one of the largest lagoons in the Maldives. Accommodation is a choice between villas built entirely over water and beach villas. Pan Asian. World Progressive. In villa dining. Interactive dining. Or a romantic dinner for two under the stars... Dining is a culinary adventure. The acclaimed Jiva Grande Spa provides an extensive range of holistic treatments in the over water treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Taj Exotica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Exotica Hotel Emboodhu Finolhu
- Taj Exotica Resort And Spa
- Taj Exotica Maldives
- Taj Exotica Resort All Inclusive
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Maldives/Emboodhu Finolhu