“Best hotel ever” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   South Male Atoll, 2117   |
Hotel deals
“Best hotel ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

You probably need to be a poet to be able to translate this experience into words. And I'm not.
It was an experience of a lifetime, not to be compared to any other place I've been to before.
The staff are amazing. When you don't need them they are not there. When you need them they suddenly appear from nowhere.
Location is just 20min by speed boat from the airport, which is very convenient.
It is extremely and painfully expensive if you look at the per night cost. But three nights here you need to compare to two weeks anywhere else.
Not recommended for kids or for hyperactive adults.
Hope to go there again sometime....

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RP1972, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2013

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

Thank you for a wonderful review post your recent stay at our resort. It gives me great joy to read that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and that the holiday was the best ever. I have shared your feedback with all the resort and they are very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise for another memorable holiday.

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Celebrated my honeymoon here. booked a lagoon villa
Its grand, exotic and exclusive.
You can take snorkel kit to your rooms from the dive shop (free) and directly dive from your pools.
The breakfast is very grand and tasty.
dive shop is a little too expensive.

Room Tip: Definitely book a lagoon villa
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
RP1972, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 31, 2012

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

Thank you for your lovely review post your recent stay at our resort. It gives me great joy to read that you enjoyed your honeymoon at our resort. I have shared your feedback with all the resort and they are very happy to have received the same.

Dehradun, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Just got back from my honeymoon from th Taj exotica , Maldives.. It was just outstanding from the starting to th end .... Everything was so perfectly done and such a good hospitality was given which simply cannot be written in words . Taj exotica was fabulous . Our butler Faisal was so understanding to give u full privacy and carrying out my plans as I had planned for my wife . Took th lagoon villa and had a fantastic romantic dinner at the presidential suite . The experience was awesome . Special thanks to Abdullah at the dive centre , Husain for the dinner and the surprise cake , and Sanjay for the beautiful photographs and taking out the time to come to the suite at 8 pm for the photographs . Will never forget u guys . Thanks for making my honeymoon so special,. Me and my wife cannot stop bragging about the luxury provided to us at the Taj .
Now some tips for other tourists --
Do try everything at the resort . Call the hotel to send u a copy of the facilities in advance so that u can plan ur days accordingly .....
Lastly thank u Taj Exotica . We certainly look forward to come back som time .......... Thank you

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RP1972, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 26, 2012

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

I would like to thank you for taking the time for posting a lovely review post your recent stay with us. I have shared your feedback with Faisal, Hussein, Abdullah, Sanjay and the entire team at the resort who are elated to have received the same. I am certain that your heart warming feedback will assist us in achieving higher standards of excellence in future.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another memorable holiday and the team will do everything possible to make it another unforgettable experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

It a quick scape for me & my wife, we had an amazing time, we enjoyed everything you could enjoy out there from nice rooms, food, excellent staff, water activities, etc..

One thing wasn't cool is the reefs on the side of the Over water Pool villa, otherwise everything was perfect..

Tip for you.. go loaded with money, as you will start paying from the moment you are picked from the airport to the moment you are dropped back, in another word nothing is free except the breakfast and that of course depends on the offer you choose ;)..

Room Tip: Well Over-water villas depends on the season, may not be fun to swim around because of the reefs.. s...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

I would like to thank you for taking the time for posting a lovely review post your recent stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort who are happy to have received the same.

While we do not have a house reef, you would be pleased to know that the resort is located at the Embodhoo channel with many dive sites within a range of 20 to 30 minutes from the resort where you can enjoy the abundant marine life of Maldives.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another memorable holiday.

Ra'anana, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We just came back from one of the romantic places on earth, and we enjoyed it very very much. the place, the lagoon, the service, the staff, the total look and the taking care for all the small details made this vacation to a magical one. we booked the hotel through Atoll Paradise and their service was even better. we got VIP treatment all around, they send us information and all the requests that we asked for.

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms in this island. whatever you choses it's wonderful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RP1972, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 6, 2012

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

Thank you for your lovely review post your recent stay at our resort. It gives me great joy to read that you enjoyed your holiday with us and it was one of the most romantic vacation for you. I have shared your feedback with all the resort and they are very happy to have received the same.

Deurle, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Nothing else but excellent comments! We received a heartwarming welcoming by the Manager and his staff. Ruby drove us to our room in a golf car. She was very nice and explained the resort very well. Hussein, our butler took over from her when we reached the room and explained us the functionalities of the room. He did an excellent job too. The room is the best we ever experienced, Lagoon suite. A hall, a kitchen, a living area with magnificent lagoon view, the bed room with same view; a dressing and a bath room. But the best of all was the pool, not a small plunge pool, but almost a real pool and the small sand beach, all on the terrace with this great view. The food is excellent too. We had a small preference for Deep End but the 24 Degrees and the bar and in-room dining are also very good. The difference is the setting; Deep End has in the middle an opening on the sea where you can watch fishes while dinning and the teck deck is also a lovely place to dine. The Maledives without snorkeling would not be the Maledives, so we recommend to go on the snorkeling trip. BEAUTIFUL what you will see! We also recommend the jet ski adventure ride. We did the one hour one that brought us to a sand bank in the middle of the sea; Great experience! If you want to have a unique romantic getaway have the dinner on the beach. You start with a champagne enjoying the sunset on a coach on the beach and then you enjoy a 5 course dinner on the same beach with candles all around you and a chef dedicated to your service that evening. It was like our second honey moon! To have a nice souvenir of your stay have the photo shoot where a photographer follows you the time you want, to the spots on the island you want, while shooting pictures, amazing result and great souvenir of your stay! The staff is extremely friendly and helpfull. And finally, do not trust the comments about the planes; even if you have three to five big ones flying over a day (never at night!) it does not bother at all. We even slept on the terrace and never heard the planes. And last but not least best price quality ratio in the Maledives!!! Thank you to the entire Taj Exotica staff they did an excellent job and have, no doubt about it, one of the best resorts. But go there and experience it yourself, you will not be dissappointed.

Room Tip: Try the new Lagoon suite!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RP1972, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

The entire team at the resort and I would like to thank you for your the wonderful review post your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that your holiday was memorable and that you left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. I have shared your feedback with Hussein, Ruby and the entire team at the resort.

It gives us great pleasure to read that you particularly loved the food at the Deep End our award winning speciality restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another memorable holiday with us.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was only the second time my wife and I had decided on a chill out beach holiday. We both normally prefer a holiday to be full if action with lots of hiking and activities, but having had a busy & hectic year we both needed some R&R.

Having been recommended the Maldives by friends the next task was finding the right resort. Our main criteria was good food and ecological credentials. After much research and looking at reviews on trip advisor we opted for Taj. From the moment we were met at the airport to when we left we were bowled over by the welcoming, friendly and professional staff. This really made the resort stand out from other places we have been to. Everyone we came into contact with on our week stay made us feel special. Not only this, they remembered our likes and preferences, so we did not need to keep asking for the same things. An example of this was our preference for a bottle of local Taj water by the pool in a glass bottle, rather than the plastic coca cola made water.

The key areas that made this the most relaxing week of our lives was the following:
• Beautiful rooms with super comfy beds, great amenities, a yummy piece of cake every evening and organic tea. You also get our own butler, we had Shah who looked after us fabulously and ensured we had everything we needed.
• Lots of extras that you didn't even think you might need
• A great selection of cocktails and amazing locations to drink them in. Thanks to Sharesh and his team at the equator bar. We also loved the fact they had shisha available and fresh mint tea for after dinner. Thanks also to Prakash, Billal and Nadiz at the pool you were all great.
• The amazing selection of delicious food (we went half board). We eat out a lot in London and think of ourselves as foodies and the menu choices, presentation, flavours and variety of all meals was inedible. It is by far the best breakfast selection we have had and it's all a la carte. Raj & Anthony were excellent thanks to them and the rest of the team. Don't let the fact there are only 2 restaurants put you off there is plenty of interesting food to keep you from getting bored. We didn't have any meals we disliked, if you to like your food you won't be disappointed.
• Being able to plant our own coral garden and name it. Great snorkelling and friendly well informed staff at the dive centre. A special thanks to Robin & Naze.
• The gorgeous blue lagoon, abundance of fish and rays, stunning sunsets and happy memories of snuggling up on the boat seat at the bar.

The list could go on but hopefully anyone reading this will get the idea of how much we liked Taj. We do not normally plan to go back to places we visit, but the Taj may just be an exception. For a perfect week on a paradise island with amazing food, staff, accommodation, privacy, and some serious relaxation time this has to be top of the list.

Justine Rose & Chris Cheyette

Room Tip: We had an ocean villa (no pool) we didn't feel that a pool was required as you can walk down ste...
Dear Guests,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We are elated to read your lovely words of appreciation post your holiday with us. I have shared your feedback with Shah, Suresh, Prakash, Billal, Nadiz, Raj, Anthony, Robin, Nazee and the entire team at the resort who too are very happy to have received the same. I am certain that this will help us strive to achieving higher standards of excellence in future.

We feel extremely honoured that though you do not usually return to the same place twice, you would be back to visit us your home in Maldives.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing break with us at our island paradise.

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!