This was only the second time my wife and I had decided on a chill out beach holiday. We both normally prefer a holiday to be full if action with lots of hiking and activities, but having had a busy & hectic year we both needed some R&R.
Having been recommended the Maldives by friends the next task was finding the right resort. Our main criteria was good food and ecological credentials. After much research and looking at reviews on trip advisor we opted for Taj. From the moment we were met at the airport to when we left we were bowled over by the welcoming, friendly and professional staff. This really made the resort stand out from other places we have been to. Everyone we came into contact with on our week stay made us feel special. Not only this, they remembered our likes and preferences, so we did not need to keep asking for the same things. An example of this was our preference for a bottle of local Taj water by the pool in a glass bottle, rather than the plastic coca cola made water.
The key areas that made this the most relaxing week of our lives was the following:
• Beautiful rooms with super comfy beds, great amenities, a yummy piece of cake every evening and organic tea. You also get our own butler, we had Shah who looked after us fabulously and ensured we had everything we needed.
• Lots of extras that you didn't even think you might need
• A great selection of cocktails and amazing locations to drink them in. Thanks to Sharesh and his team at the equator bar. We also loved the fact they had shisha available and fresh mint tea for after dinner. Thanks also to Prakash, Billal and Nadiz at the pool you were all great.
• The amazing selection of delicious food (we went half board). We eat out a lot in London and think of ourselves as foodies and the menu choices, presentation, flavours and variety of all meals was inedible. It is by far the best breakfast selection we have had and it's all a la carte. Raj & Anthony were excellent thanks to them and the rest of the team. Don't let the fact there are only 2 restaurants put you off there is plenty of interesting food to keep you from getting bored. We didn't have any meals we disliked, if you to like your food you won't be disappointed.
• Being able to plant our own coral garden and name it. Great snorkelling and friendly well informed staff at the dive centre. A special thanks to Robin & Naze.
• The gorgeous blue lagoon, abundance of fish and rays, stunning sunsets and happy memories of snuggling up on the boat seat at the bar.
The list could go on but hopefully anyone reading this will get the idea of how much we liked Taj. We do not normally plan to go back to places we visit, but the Taj may just be an exception. For a perfect week on a paradise island with amazing food, staff, accommodation, privacy, and some serious relaxation time this has to be top of the list.
Justine Rose & Chris Cheyette
We had an ocean villa (no pool) we didn't feel that a pool was required as you can walk down ste...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.
We are elated to read your lovely words of appreciation post your holiday with us. I have shared your feedback with Shah, Suresh, Prakash, Billal, Nadiz, Raj, Anthony, Robin, Nazee and the entire team at the resort who too are very happy to have received the same. I am certain that this will help us strive to achieving higher standards of excellence in future.
We feel extremely honoured that though you do not usually return to the same place twice, you would be back to visit us your home in Maldives.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing break with us at our island paradise.
If I can be of any assistance in the meanwhile please do let me know.
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.