“The service is good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of County Hotel

County Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Bridgford
County Hotel
You added County Hotel to your Saves list
6 Millicent Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham NG2 7LD, England   |
Edinburgh
“The service is good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The service is good but this place does need some serious refurbishment done it. The owners are incredibly kind hearted and friendly but the rest of the hotel does feel very worn and old. I think they need to look into refurbishing the whole place. Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cheshire, uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Please ignore the one star reviews - this place is clean, friendly, convenient and the owners cannot be more helpful & friendly. Ok it's dated, but so what, the friendliness & helpfulness of the owners far out way the old fashioned decor/furnishings. If you want a soulless, functional, bland chain hotel - do not stay here, it's not for you. We stayed 2 nights (rowing at Holme Pierrepoint) and on the second morning we were late to rise! (perhaps too many Pimms the night before?). Jackie sorted our breakfast with swiftly made bacon sandwiches, tinfoil wrapped & ready to go. Nothing was too much trouble and we are looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Excellent value for a centrally located hotel. Friendly reception, car park behind hotel and accommodated our need for a mattress on the floor (hotel was full) and breakfast thrown in with the price. If you're expecting the shiny new fittings of a premier/Jurys inn, spend twice the money and book one, but don't knock an excellent value establishment. Short drive to the NWSC, and just 5-10 minute walk to a selection of restaurants where you can get dinner. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

At a time when I really needed a home for a few days, this nice hotel in an excellent part of the West Bridgford was excellent for me. I was happy that I could talk to somebody and find available room straight away at a very competitive price. I was particularly relieved that there was available parking at the back of the hotel as I did not like to park my car on the street.
Close to all amenities especially nice restaurants and shops and therefore it was not an effort to shop or have dinner closeby.

The room was adequate with internet access which was important to me, very bright and sunny. The hotel was quiet and I was mostly impressed with the large variety of breakfast both in cereals and cooked breakfast.

The hosts were extremely friendly and we had a nice chat every morning during breakfast which is something you miss nowadays when staying in hotels. We became friendly during the week of my stay and I would recommend it to my friends when visiting Nottingham.

Room Tip: Good value for money, the hotel is in a good area of Nottingham close to all amenities within walkin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Please note - this was a work weekend. So, we were literally not in the hotel long enough to experience all that it had to offer. Up early and back late. But I will give you my thoughts on our stay.

I was immediately impressed with The County before we even got there, because they actually speak on the phone! Yes, remember those! This meant that I was able to explain the nature of our visit and also secure a very (actually excellent) deal for a twin room.

We drove to our hotel along a busy duel carriageway leading us out of Nottingham town centre. We were told to turn left into Millicent Road.

As we turned and drove up the road, it was as if we were in a parallel universe. No cars, leafy streets and gorgeous Victorian houses.

Our Hotel, had a huge car park - which I was pleased about as the Hilton guests have to use the NCP.
We parked, unloaded and made our way to the reception area. We were met by both owners and registered. Our bags were taken up to our twin room.

Our room was a very pleasant room, with tea and coffee facilities, a pile of towels, a tv, an en suite and comfortable beds.

We unpacked and literally had to fly out and grab something to eat. But we didnt have to worry since West Bridgford has an array of great places to eat, and it is civilised to say the least! It is certainly a very safe and very beautiful part of Nottingham.

Our breakfast, which I never eat at home was included in our excellent price. The dining room was very cosy and there was lots to choose from. Cereals, fruit juice and bread were all available. As was tea, coffee etc. I chose the full English but a ladies portion! You will undersand if you go there.
Our breakfast was a proper English breakfast, with bacon, egg, tomatoes, beans, sausage and as much toast or bread as you want.

The quality of the food was just amazing. I have not eaten a better cooked breakfast anywhere, and you can make many mistakes with an English Breakfast. The food was not fatty, the bacon was of superb quality, the sausage also, the egg was cooked perfectly. And, I ate the lot, which for me is unusual since I rarely eat breakfast.

I believe that the hotel has a Star Food and Hygeine Award, which I can believe, since it was delicious.

I cant say what other facilities are available since we were never there during the day.

But, there is no shortage of pubs and restaurants in the area.

The hotel is very user friendly.

If you like good old fashioned hotels with real people who answer phones, land ladies who meet and greet you and good home cooking, then this is the place for you.
Would we go back? Yes. Because it is not corporate, you get to meet the owners and it really has the personal touch that modern hotels seem to lack.

And, of course, it is right next to Trent Bridge for all you cricket lovers!

Room Tip: We had a twin. I didnt get to see other rooms, but there are 11 en suite and 4 standard rooms. If...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

i have stayed at the County on a number of occasions and each time have been made very welcome by Jackie and robin. the hotel is easy to find, nicely placed in west bridgeford, close enough to nottingham by bus or car. the hotel is very clean and welcoming. there is a choice of breakfast ranging from cereal to full English and Robin is a very good cook. if you are planning a trip to Nottingham i thoroughly recommend the County Hotel

• Stayed February 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Friendly owners, Jackie can be too chatty when you just want to eat breakfast in peace and want to get out quick. Not v clean, really old towels which are odd and wouldn't use on my dog, would get better from charity shop, really bad old beds, and awful old pillows. Breakfast reasonable, no probs there but rooms not at all great

• Stayed April 2012

Travelers are raving about these West Bridgford hotels

Been to County Hotel? Share your experiences!