“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yoxford
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel set in wonderful grounds with a good position for exploring the wonderful Suffolk coast.
My wife and I stayed in one of the fairly new "pods" situated at the far end of the attractive,well-kept gardens and what a delight it was! Very well-appointed and very private.
The main house is very tastefully decorated giving a feeling of luxury but at the same time feeling very comfortable
The service was excellent from first to last and I have no hesitation in giving it my highest recommendation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
St Albans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

A smaller country house hotel set back from the main A12, in its own well maintained grounds. We had the Middleton room on the first floor at the front of the hotel, with nice views over the hotel grounds. Good sized room, nicely furnished in keeping with the style of the hotel and well maintained with the appearance of having recently been decorated. Good sized well maintained bathroom with all the usual facilities, only minus point was the very long wait for hot water to arrive at the shower (several minutes) and the flow rather weak. Traffic noise from the adjacent A12 can be heard but was not intrusive.
Dinner in the restaurant was excellent, we had a plate of hot and cold smoked salmon prepared in different ways,together with a scotch egg based on a quails egg, all very good quality and nicely presented. My wife had sea bass and I had a veal chop again very good quality, nicely cooked and well presented, followed by very good desserts. Comprehensive wine list at fair prices.
Breakfast was served in a function room at the front of the hotel. Buffet table of starters and fruit juices was adequate, but limited range. Excellent range of main courses all cooked to order, very good quality, nicely cooked and well presented.
Our first stay at this small hotel (12 bedrooms), but we found it excellent and certainly one to return to.

East Anglia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We have been to satis house probably 5 times now and it is always excellent. From the moment that you step inside the door you are always looked after. Their food is always excellent and their service levels are attentive and sharp. Gavin always looks after us well and both Kevin and David run an excellent ship. We look forward to our next experience with them.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed in the Attic Suite - small but full of character! As everyone else has said, Satis House is lovely - great location, great staff, great rooms. Service was amazing - really attentive and helpful.

Dinner wasn't haute cuisine, but it was very good and ridiculously generous in portion size. I'm fairly sure my girlfriend hasn't needed to eat all week. Breakfast was also excellent - better than almost any other hotel I have stayed at. The bar was well stocked and drinks well made.

It's hard to fault Satis House on anything, although the bathroom could have been a *little* cleaner and I did wake up a couple of times during the night as foxes attempted to disembowel each other outside. Can't really blame the hotel for the natural world though, can we?

In short, this is a fantastic hotel with amazing character and great customer service. I would definitely stay again. Let's hope nothing changes when/if this little gem swaps hands. Well done chaps.

Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the first time in May to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We always book a night away for this and Satis house was recommended by some friends of ours. I can honestly say it was a real delight. When we pulled up outside and parked the car we were straight away impressed by the beautiful Georgian house. We were greeted by a very friendly young man who later that evening served us some great cocktails! We stayed in the Framlingham suite which had a four poster bed and a balcony. The room was beautifully decorated and was completely spotless..I would say the bathroom is a little disappointing, such a grand room would benefit from having a nice free standing bath or similar! But this is just a minor factor. The room had all the mod cons, plenty of drink options and a good selection in the mini bar. The bed was amazingly comfortable. We had an evening meal which was one of the best meals I've ever had. The service was superb, the waitress was extremely friendly and made a real effort to make us and the other guests feel special, nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was also something special, we both had the full English which was presented beautifully and was very tasty. The only thing I noticed when eating breakfast was the wall paper in the dining room looked a bit tired in places and had some minor food stains on, but please don't let this put you off. We didn't get to see the couple who own the hotel but the staff more than made up for that. Although a bit pricey for one nights stay, we will definitely be saving up for another visit soon!

• Stayed May 2014
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed at Satis House Saturday 31st May - it was also the venue for my Mum and Partner's very secret and intimate wedding.
The weekend was just amazing, and it was all down to Satis House staff for their great hosting, attention to detail and attentiveness.
The family had a wonderful day and they made it feel very special. It was all taken care
of so smoothly and professionally.

On a more personal note, it was mine and my partner's first visit to
Satis House, and after hearing so much about the place and the amazing hosts, it
certainly lived up to expectations and we enjoyed it thoroughly.

We thought the establishment was beautiful, everything so very well presented and the food was to die for! I felt very well looked after and as I'm pregnant, and a bit fussy with my food, it came across that nothing was a problem for them!

We stayed in the Walberswick, it was lovely - really peaceful and nice being in the garden.
I also had an amazing night's sleep - and with this twin bump, that is something! :)

I really hope to be able to visit again, I just loved it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our first anniversary. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The room had all of the mod cons and more,proper coffee went down a treat in the morning!
Dinner was by far the best meal
I've had in a long time. Again breakfast choice was fantastic,best eggs I've had in ages!
Can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Satis House Hotel? Share your experiences!