“Five star plus” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Downs View B&B

Downs View B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Upper Beeding
Downs View B&B
You added Downs View B&B to your Saves list
St Austell | High Street, Upper Beeding BN44 3TQ, England   |
London, United Kingdom
“Five star plus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Some places are so good you don't want to share them in case you can't get in next time the opportunity arises to revisit. This is one of those places but in fairness to Lesley and Ron I should be shouting from the top of the Downs that this is the best B&B ever. The rooms are spotless, comfortable and equipped with everything you would wish to have. The welcome is second to none and the attention to detail was appreciated. Home cooked treats were very welcome. We were attending a wedding and booked two rooms. Both were wonderful. Great food, a good nights sleep and brilliant conversation. What more could you ask for?

Room Tip: They are all good. Be specific about your needs i.e bath or shower, easy access etc. all can be acco...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Petersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Arrived at 7pm after a 25 mile hike along the South Downs Way from Rodmell to the B&B that has a 99.9% 'excellent' rating. Nobody gets that kind of acclaim I thought to myself ... before ringing my wife and telling her that this was the best B&B that I'd ever stayed in. Leaving aside the comfortable room which felt like I was in a decent hotel (multiple shampoos, soaps, tea tray items and the like), the breakfast was extensive (eyes bigger than stomach) with welsh rarebit and Sussex smokies in the menu in addition to - but a welcome change from - the usual fried and continental breakfast options. Home made bread, jams and muffins ensured that I left Downs View heavier than I arrived. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I went over the Easter weekend and wasn't prepared for what I found. Its a little treasure and I feel lucky to have come across it. Lesley and Ron are such nice people and truly care about everyone they have round. They go above and beyond to make you feel welcomed and to make sure everybody has an enjoyable time & gets the most out of their trip. The rooms are beautiful and spotless, very caringly decorated and have the feel of a luxurious hotel while being comfy and homey. Its truly special! The breakfast is incredibly scrumptious with a variety that leaves nothing else to wish for. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends and always remember this weekend. I came for a walk along the south downs but the lasting memories I made that weekend will be from my truly perfect stay amoung new friends.

Room Tip: I had the yellow room, which is upstairs facing the beautiful garden. It was absolutely stunning and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Ron & Lesley really go above and beyond with their customer care...very refreshing!!
after going off piste on our sdw 2 day Mtb ride
A quick call to Ron put us straight and we arrived with a smile and a great place to store our bikes. Nothing was too much trouble..it was getting on for 830pm and they rang a local pub to make sure they would serve us dinner...much appreciated!
The room was brill/spotless and great power shower!!! And cosy beds...
As we had to start early next morning Lesley made us a fantastic lunch (lots of sarnies/yummy cherry muffin/picnic/drink which was so welcome and helped us on the tough climbs!
....great to chat to Ron about their adventures down under and a treat meeting Max their stunning Russian blue with amazing copper eyes!
...thanks U2 keep up the brilliant work;-)
And hope to stay again!
P.s we made it to Eastbourne
115 miles (after detours) 11400ft climbing top speed 36 mph av 8.6mph and walking like robocop next day! Ouch sore backside !
Cheers Ray n Rob

• Stayed April 2014
Swaffham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Another return visit to Downs View and we are not disappointed. All the reviews here say it all. We stay here when we visit Goodwood motor racing circuit and although it's a bit of a distance we feel worth the effort. After a goodnights sleep in one of Lesley's rooms a wonderful breakfast which include home made bread and lots of hot and cold choices we are all set up for the day ahead.
We will be here again later in the year with several friends for the Goodwood revival.
Thank you Lesley and Ron for another lovely visit. xx

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at dusk, tired and mucky after a 16 mile walk along the South Downs Way, to be greeted by a smiling face and taken swiftly to our room for the night, the Blue room. Lesley had deduced that we might both appreciate a soak in the bath and this room had a lovely deep bath that just fit the bill. There was also a shower, but that was to be for the next morning! The room was very well equipped, with plenty of information for both overnight and longer stays, plus tea and coffee making facilities and shortbread biscuits. If we wanted a takeaway we were welcome to eat in the dining room, and there were also pubs and restaurants a short walk away. We opted for the latter and had a good meal later at the Kings Head.
Next morning, after the requisite shower, we made the most of the extensive breakfast offerings. I went for scrambled egg and (locally smoked) salmon while my sister tried the cereals and toast. There were also fresh and stewed fruit, yogurts, home made bread and muffins, you name it!
On our departure, Lesley gave us both a muffin for our journey which was a very kind extra touch. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights when I was working away on business.

I stayed in the pink room which was lovely and very comfortable, there was a king size bed, tea, coffee, biscuits and chocolate and the shower was amazing! The room and the rest of the b & b was spotless.

Lesley and Ron are great hosts and can't do enough for you, breakfast was very varied and tasty and as a special gesture Lesley even cooked me dinner as I was travelling alone. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Downs View B&B? Share your experiences!