“Loved the place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Historic Bishops Residence

The Historic Bishops Residence
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gravelbourg
The Historic Bishops Residence
You added The Historic Bishops Residence to your Saves list
112 1st Avenue West, Gravelbourg, Saskatchewan, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Gravelbourg B&B and Inns
Woodstock, Canada
“Loved the place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We rented the basement for a longer period of time. As a family we felt absolutely welcome as we were allowed to use whatever we wanted or needed. The owners walked every mile possible to make sure we were comfortable.

The B&B is part of Gravelbourg's history as it's located in the former bishop's residence. The town of Gravelbourg truly is a gem on the southwest Saskatchewan prairies. We would definitaly stay at this place again.

Extra info on Gravelbourg: The town of Gravelbourg is like I mentioned earlier a gem on the prairies. The B&B is located between the Co-Cathedral (east) and the public school (west), on the south side of town. Main street starting on the opposite side of the road has most of the amenities close by. Gravelbourg contains a lot of wonderful architecture, from the church to several houses on 1st and 2nd avenue. If interested in history, visit the museum in Main Street and ask for a tour in the Cathedral, School (especially the library) and (oh yes) the Bishop's Residence. Be blown away by the atmosphere in Cafe de Paris. As a family we were happy with the (indoor) swimming pool located in College Mathieu, the French school. Oh yes, Gravelbourg has Francophone roots, still recognizable today and absolutely crucial to the character of this town. Icould continue for another 1000 words, but you better findout for yourself :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Have come here a few times in the past. Always enjoyed staying here. This time in a room not been in before, room 203. Last time I was in room 202 I don't believe 203 was ready as a room for use. Really like it, nice and cheery and comfy. It will be a great room in spring/summer when the balcony is available. Les and Mely are really nice and friendly and do lovely breakfasts. Snow is heavy around part of the driveway but the snow fall must have been recent so not a real complaint.

• Stayed December 2012
Pincher Creek, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed there this past summer. I was quite taken by the exterior of the house, it reminded me of days past with it's beautiful brick walls. I had booked our room 2 months in advance specifically asking for a suite with it's own washroom and getting confirmation of such. Days before our arrival we were advised that this room was no longer available. Due to wedding obligations and no other availability in the area we had to stay and share a washroom with 4 other people, needless to say we will not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed at the B&B while visiting family in the area and loved this place. The owners were friendly and helpful, the residence was gorgeous inside and out, and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

Definately a place we will stay at again.

Thanks Les!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Saskatchewan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I really wanted to like this place.The pictures on line looked great and it is located in a very pretty town in a beautiful setting.Pricing seemed reasonable and the person I talked to seemed very friendly.So what's the issue?Well,first of all there was a mix-up with the booking.I had booked a room with a private bathroom.When I got there,I was told there was a mix-up and this room was now occupied by someone else.I was given the option of a couple of other rooms(along with the trailer out back),but they all shared a bath.I decided on the top floor room and was told there was no one else on that floor and I would have the bath to myself.I did for the first night but had to share on the second.The breakfast was fine.However,this was the first ever B&B where I had to cook my own breakfast.They provided all the food and juices.However,I was told to help myself and cook whatever I wanted.A bit strange.So I did cook some eggs and helped myself to toast.However,after seeing the jam with someone else's knife still stuck in it,I decided to pass on the toast.
The place itself has a lot of history to it.Quite nice but starting to show its age.Free wireless and access to a computer which is a very nice touch.The deck was a great place to sit in the sun and view the town and the surrounding countryside.Very peaceful.Also right beside the historic church which is just incredible.If you do go,please visit the museum and ask for Louis(I think that is how to spell his name).He is a wonderful tour guide and he toured us through the museum,church,library,theatre,and the main street area.He is very informative and interesting.Everywhere he took us was charming,beautiful,full of history,or all of the above.Definitely worth taking the tour!
I would love to recommend this B&B.However because of the room mix-up and the lack of service with the breakfast,I would have to say that I cannot.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Historic Bishops Residence? Share your experiences!