“Never forget the fallen soldiers” 5 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Oksboel, Denmark
73 attraction reviews
“Never forget the fallen soldiers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Never forget the fallen soldiers.
The War Cemetery is a beautiful memory-park.
A quiet and peaceful place.

Visited October 2013

• Greek first
“Bring dog food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

A strange title I know. The cemetery is a moving place to visit which is why we came back after 9 years. In 2005 we bought our daughters an ice cream from the caravan just outside the entrance & chatted to the man who ran it about his time living in Australia. On our visit this week we saw him again, though much changed. He has closed his little business as he couldn't afford to keep it open. He was sitting under the tree just outside the gates surrounded by dogs lying in the heat - none of them his. He told me that he feeds them when he has money & when he doesn't, they go hungry. They are some of the many abandoned animals here. I went to the supermarket & bought some dog food (& a packet of biscuits for him). He was incredibly grateful. I suspect he doesn't eat enough either. As we drove away I noticed he'd opened the biscuits straight away.

Visited July 2014
“Fallen soldiers should never be forgotten.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Take time out of your holiday to visit this site and if you have young children explain what happened and I garantee there will be many questions as I found out.

Cheshire
3 attraction reviews
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is a lovely moving place to visit. The location looking out to sea across Souda Bay is truly memorable.

Visited June 2014
Northallerton, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
“Very moving indeed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

To my shame, I wasn't aware of the Souda Bay War Cemetery until I noticed the signpost whilst driving around. So pleased I took the time to stop, the experience of walking around this peaceful, very well kept site was very moving. So many allied heroes of many nationalities lay here, their ages displayed are a stark reminder of what they must have gone through, & the resulting eternal cost to their families & loved ones. Genuinely puts your own minor worries & irritations into perspective.

Visited July 2014