“Great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Just returned from a week at this hotel, This is genuinely the first review I have contributed to this site, I always use it to select my holidays, having experienced probably the best hotel staff I have seen I thought it was time for me to start contributing. The hotel its self is very beautiful espesially the pool areas, the rooms are spacious, even more so for greece, The only thing that I could say would have liked would be a little nearer to some local shops or bars but getting around on Skiathos is so easy anyway that it wasn;t a great problem. the drinks are a little steep but prices have taken quite a hike in Greece so not supprising really. I would recommend anyone wanting a layed back holiday in Skiathos to stay at this hotel. Thank you once again to the staff.

Room Tip: All rooms were good but paying a little extra for sea view will get you off the ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kalaitzidis, Manager at Kassandra Bay Resort & SPA, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear Evaporator,
Thank you very much for your nice comments on our property. Everybody in the Hotel works very hard to offer pleasant holidays to our guests and we feel very content when we receive positive feedback.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you again to Kassandra Bay Resort.

Efi Kalaitzidis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Greek first
derby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

we travelled to the Kassandra Bay between 15th-22nd May with Thomson.We were checked in by a friendly receptionist who kindly upgraded us to a sea view room which was great because the view is stunning.The room was spacious and was cleaned everyday to a high standard,in fact the whole place is immaculate.We booked half board and was told it would be al a carte,but this became a bit confusing as the week went on,one day al a carte one day buffet etc but all in all the food was good just could have been hotter.They struggled to keep food warm. The hotel is in a good position with its own private beach and is a half hour walk into town or 15 mins to the nearest supermarket, and the bus stop is just outside the hotel,which is handy if you want to stock up on water, booze etc for your room as the hotel is quite pricey,no one seemed to use the hotel bar much. We had a wonderful relaxing stay in a lovely hotel with amazing staff,they are a credit.This was our third trip to Skiathos we love it,and would definately stay here again,but would maybe leave it until late season when other facilities are available ie bbq and entertainment.

Dear fitzy01,
We appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive and rewarding review about Kassandra Bay Resort. We are very happy you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Just thought I'd update. I'd left a review last year when we visited this hotel and we'd enjoyed it so much we've booked to go back this September.

After catching up with reviews, I felt I had to place another after reading some negative comments. People, please do not be put off this place. Kassandra Bay is by far one of the best places we've stayed in, hence our going back. KB is a clean and friendly place. The staff work long and hard but always have a smile for you. The food is great and the location is the best, very handy to get from one end of the island to the other, the beach is great, small and friendly and very clean. Yes it's a bit expensive but then isn't everywhere these days. We love it here because it's quiet and very very relaxing and you feel like you've really had a holiday staying here. We've been to a lot of greek islands but Skiathos is our favourite and it's also the safest, we never want to come home. The greek people are by far the best and nothing is ever too much trouble. I guarantee you wont regret staying at the Kassandra Bay Hotel. Roll on September.

Room Tip: The higher the better for the views.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Marolowsa67,
thank you for taking time to post your wonderful remarks on trip advisor. It was a true pleasure reading your review, as you have outlined all the essential components that we strive hard to accomplish to make all our guests feel special and cared for.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Kassandra Bay Resort in September.
And the countdown begins!

West Yorkshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We have just reurned from one week at Kassandra Bay Hotel - I've never written a review before, but having enjoyed our time there so much felt we wanted to even out some of the negative reviews we feel the hotel does not deserve.

Yes water, food etc seems quite expensive, but no more than anywhere else on the island.

The setting of the hotel is absolutley beautiful, with two pools and a private beach. The rooms and hotel as a whole is extreamly clean and tastefully decorated... but the most impressive thing about the hotel is the staff. I can't fault them - they are all so helpful, friendly and attentive that it really makes the whole holiday that extra special.

The reception staff were very proffesional and extreamly informative about the island, the bar and restuarant staff were friendly and welcoming also.

What makes this hotel 5* in our opinion isn't just the location, but the relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere created by the staff who work there.

Dear Nicola S,
thank you for taking time to post your comment on trip advisor, which I have shared with our members of staff. I am thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay as comments like yours motivate us to continue striving for only the very best service for our guests.
We hope to welcome you back to Kassandra Bay Resort in the future.

Caerphilly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

This will seem quite a strange review because I didn't actually get to stay at this hotel!
Me, my wife and our 2 kids were expecting to be staying in a villa in Skiathos for the week from 1/6/2012. We booked the villa back in September but were alarmed to receive an email on 3/5/2012 informing us that owners of the villa had divorced so they were cancelling our booking. Oh great! I then spent hours phoning and emailing to try to find alternative accomodation and found Kassandra Bay Hotel which looked really nice.
They were advertising what looked to be a really good deal. When we checked on the evening of 3/5/2012 it was about 1100 Euros, when I checked again on the morning of 4/5/2012 it had gone up to 1260 Euros. I thought, fair enough, prices can change. I was still keen to book so I phoned the hotel a few times in the morning with a few minor queries. They answered most but for one of them they said they would call me back. 3pm came and went so I emailed them but still no response. My wife got home from work at 5:15 and we agreed to book anyway so I went online and was amazed to discover that the price had gone up again to 1400 Euros. Again I phoned the hotel and appealed to them to allow me to book at the earlier rate of 1260 Euros. The lady I spoke to said she would call me back.
About 15 minutes later the manager of the hotel phoned me and just started to go on about how beautiful the hotel and island is. I agreed with the island is beautiful because I've been there 10 times. All I wanted to know was 1260 Euros, yes or no. It's safe to say that he didn't see my point of view i.e that if his staff had phoned or emailed me with the answer to my query I would have booked earlier in the day at the cheaper rate. Given everything that's happened over the past 24 hours I must admit I lost my temper, which I regret and I wish I could apologise to the manager for losing it. Despite me telling him the whole story he just didn't seem to understand my predicament. Out of principle I wasn't going to pay the increased price but now I have to find somewhere else. Wish me luck!
Just thought I'd share my story with fellow Tripadvisor members, in case it might be useful or interesting to someone. ps. I scored the hotel high rather than low because it only seemed fair, given that I didn't even get to stay there!

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Kalaitzidis, Director of Sales at Kassandra Bay Resort & SPA, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Dear Mr PhilSloers,
thank you for taking time to post your review on trip advisor. I totally understand your disappointment when your original plans for staying at the villa changed suddenly and you were faced with the problem of finding other types of accommodation.
I do not want to take time to "defend" the hotel but just lay out a few thoughts so that you take them into account when thinking of why you went online to post this review.
The hotel has a certain amount of work volume daily and we deal with matters coming in our inbox with priority level. We always respond on daily request same day they are made. I understand your eager to book the accommodation as your other booking plans had left you without accommodation but our reservations department replied to your emails by sending you the menus you requested and explained how half board option works in the hotel over the phone.
The offer was indeed valid but ended at some point yesterday, but as all offers in hotels and on line booking systems there is limited availability to a number of bookings and rooms. We are really sorry that you were caught in the middle on the day the offer changed. Our manager exceptionally for you and with patience tried to explain this thoroughly on the phone yesterday evening, he understood your concerns and asked for some time to speak with administration and myself in order to find the best possible solution for you and your family.
We decided that although the offer had ended, to send you an email giving you the opportunity to book the original package as seen in our website before the end of the offer. Email was sent to your personal email address.
I comprehend that your holiday started on the wrong track and therefore we really do hope to welcome you at our hotel so that you can enjoy Greek hospitality from all of our members of staff.

Broadway, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Me and my boyfriend had a FANTASTIC holiday in Skiathos at the Kassandra Bay Hotel last summer. We stayed for 10 nights. Our room was on the highest floor and had a lovely sea view. Room was huge, clean and very modern. Service was fantastic in the whole hotel. Food was great, both breakfast and dinner (we were half board) Breakfast had EVERYTHING you could want. Fresh fruit, ham, cheese, rolls, sausages, eggs, toast, cereals, cakes, biscuits, pastries, a guy making fresh crepes. It was LUSH! Dinner was also good, can’t fault the food. Same A la carte menu with a couple of different specials each night, could get a little repetitive if you’re there for say 14 nights. We ate out two times in Skiathos town at a restaurant called Scuna which we also highly recommend. Skiathos town it’s self was lovely. We liked having a drink in the old harbour at night at one of the bars sat in a bean bag chair looking out across the sea and at the stars. Magical! Shopping was also great. Long main street with so many shops selling EVERYTHING from local products to your fake designer handbags! Skiathos town felt really traditional and greek too, not at all ‘Brits Abroad’ which we HATE. Its busy but in a nice way! Getting into Skiathos town was easy, there’s either the water taxi from the beach which we loved taking to get into town, there’s a bus stop right outside the hotel or you can get a taxi, they are always stopping when you're waiting for a bus. Buses run every 30 minutes so you were never waiting too long, and they take about 15mins. Pool areas and beach were lovely, pebble/sand beach but this didn’t bother us. We spent half the day by one and half on the other. Easy to get sun beds around the pool, none of this annoying reserving a bed at 6am business!! Boyfriend loved that there were call buttons on the sun parasols at the beach where the beach guy bought you drinks (You're allowed to be lazy, you’re on holiday....!) There were also people offering massages on the beach (nothing to do with hotel) if they kept pestering you the beach guy soon got rid. They are only trying to make a living though so with a friendly yet persistent 'no thank you' they were gone! Loved the salt water pools as well! Such a nice change from chlorine burning your eyes!! Pool bar was great. Yes drinks weren't that cheap but it’s what you expect from a 4* hotel. I know from my boyfriend working in this trade that hotels make their money from rooms and drinks. Food hardly makes any profit! There’s a shop about a 20 minute walk away to get snacks, newspapers etc I usually left the boyfriend to do that one in the 30 degree heat in the morning but he liked the walk!! Also a nice local bakery there too! Grounds and Reception area were lovely, clean and spacious. Free internet which was a bonus!
Highly recommend the Skopelos mamma mia trip. We booked on a boat called Poseidon at the Old harbour. You go to the famous church and see all the beaches and get to stop at Skopelos town which was very quaint and lovely! We got lucky to and saw dolphins too! We also did the Boat trip around Skiathos, visiting lalaria beach, kasstro etc. Two great days out.

As for the moaners please don't listen and GO to this hotel!! This type of person is NEVER pleased! My boyfriends managed many high end restaurants with rooms where we live in the Cotswolds and so isn't easily pleased and yet he didn't have one bad think to say about Kassandra bay and our holiday!
If we go back to Skiathos this is definitely were we will be staying again! Trying Kos town this year as we like trying different Greek islands. Kassandra Bay and Skiathos will be very very hard to beat though!

Hope you enjoy :)

Room Tip: Top Floor, Sea View Room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Kalaitzidis, Manager at Kassandra Bay Resort & SPA, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Dear Sophiekate14,
thank you for taking to post such a detailed review about our hotel and your holiday experience on trip advisor. We really do hope you enjoy your summer holidays in Kos this year and we would be happy to welcome you to Kassandra Bay Hotel next year!

Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Stayed in August, next time I'd go a little earlier, maybe 2nd or 3rd week in June. Staff were great rooms very good, went B and B breakfast excellent. 10 mins by car to town or best beach in Europe ! Really. Next year for sure. Breakfast was a nice experience with live cooking. Nice pool but very noisy with children playing around all the time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Tzouliat,
thank you for posting your comment on trip advisor and we hope to welcome you again this summer to our hotel.

Efi Kalaitzidis

Been to Kassandra Bay Resort & SPA? Share your experiences!