“Great place to stay on a busy island” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Koukounaries Road, Agia Paraskevi 37002, Greece   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Agia Paraskevi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Great place to stay on a busy island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hotel is a wonderful place to stay on an island that is becoming very commercialised. Family owned in a good central point on the island, it provided a great escape from the hustle & bustle of the tourist crowds. The staff were friendly and most obliging to our requests and it had good traditional Greek foods on the restaurant menu.
Comfortable rooms with balcony and terrific views and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: For the best views you have to get rooms on higher levels. Just means a few extra steps to walk up.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Greek first
westminster,co
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I debated whether or not to stay here after reading a lot of reviews from different websites. Boy am I glad we did. I want to say right off the bat that having a car or some sort of motorized vehicle would definitely be helpful but not a must. It is on a steep hill with amazing views. The owners put a lot of thought into details for this hotel. One example steps a long the drive way up to the rooms makes it a lil easier if walking. The manger Monica runs the hotel like a well oiled machine. Most the staff is Romanian and have worked there for several years and know what there doing. Also helpful since my wife is Romanian. Made it very easy to communicate when ordering anything. Many Romanians work on Skiathos. The owner Nikos ( degree in hotel management) personally walked us to our room on check-in and showed us how everything worked. We got room 201 overlooking the pool with livingroom, two bathrooms, balcony with two doors one in living room and one in the bedroom. Theres a sliding door to seperate the bedroom and livingroom. The living had a really nice chair and a couch that also turned into a extra bed if needed. The entertainment center was a little outdated ( cassette tape radio) and old school 80's TV (worked well considering it's age). Bedroom entertainment a little more updated with Flatscreen Tv mounted on the wall. Bed had a awesome four post bed frame which we enjoyed a lot. Bed it self was a little outdated but not the worst I slept on this trip. There also upgrading this room over the winter for next summer, so it should be a lot nicer, which would be hard to do. The master bath was very big and clean with a Jacuzzi tub ( I recommended they get rid of it for next summer I hope they listen) jacuzzi tubs are worthless. Especially on an Island as nice as Skiathos. They definitely could use a shower curtain, we got water all over without even trying. Makes for more work for everyone including the staff. Our bedroom had a very nice dresser and closet for lots of storage. The balcony had table and chairs with an ash tray and two lounge chairs (we used to lay out in the buff, it was invigorating). It also comes with a laundry stand incase you need to do laundry (which we did) or dry your swim suits. It was also very private with amazing views of the sea. I think almost every room has a great view ( some a little better than others but still great).
The Architecture of this hotel and the way it's layed out was very thought out. The steps have light switches for night time. Theres trash cans all over for trash. Theres easy access to the reception with stairs through out the hotel. The pool area is amazing with actually two pools. Theres a small hidden(sort of) kids pool below the main pool. Next to the pool is a nice little pool table area in doors with big open window. Pool area was run very well by Alina also from Romania. She ran the pool like a pro and babysitted the managers kid at the same time and never missed a beat. She's also pretty good pool player. Another example of the little things is they have a couple of boxes of pool and beach toys they offer for free to guests that they've collected over the years. They also provide beach towels and umbrellas for free, just check them out with Manager on duty. One other thing I liked was they have bathrooms just below the pool for guest with showers. Thee pool was very refreshing not too cold or hot, just right. Jacuzzi was a little on the cool side but your in Skiathos so who cares.
The reception and lounge area are all in the same building as breakfast. Just behind the reception is avery nice lounge with free internet service and small library. The breakfast area also has amazing views ( reaccuring theme). This is important to me. I traveled all over Europe in a month and this hotel has the best Breakfast by far than any hotel I've stayed at in Years. It was fresh everyday and mixed up a little everyday. The staff was so great there aren't words. I don't ever eat breakfast at hotels but here I ate breakfast everyday and looked forward to it. I can't say enough about the staff, there amazing.
I loved every minute we stayed the Magic hotel. Monica and Nikos definitely know what there doing and are open to suggestions. I hope to stay here every year in the future but I live to far away, but if I could I would. I miss this place very much. They made me feel at home. I looked at the other hotels I was going to stay at while I was here because I had a car. I'm glad I chose the Magic hotel. There restaurant right down the road is equally great with the same staff from the hotel. They don't like to advertise that so keep it a secret (kidding, really they don't). Thank you everyone at the Magic for an amazing time on Skiathos. Thanks for taking time to read this.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Bayern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The view is great, the stuff is polite and helpfully. Nice location. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The balcony has a great view. The breakfast could satisfy any taste! It's ideal for any traveller ( couples family singles)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we visit Magic Hotel. Monica and Nikos are trully lovely, helpful people and will take care of their guests and their needs. Rooms are cleaned on a daily basis. Restaurant is also good with a very nice view. Mosquitos and wasps can be a little annoying but ... this is typical for summer season on a nice green island.

Many Thanks for taking care of us Monica and Niko!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel is absolutely amazing in every aspect - the cleaniness is incredible (we came with our little baby so this was especially important to us and it absolutely couldn't have been better), the atmosphere is so relaxed and wonderful. Perfectly located just minutes from the beach and 15 mins drive from Skiathos Town. Monica and the whole team are such warm inviting beautiful people that will make sure everything you need is taken care of and nothing is too much trouble.

• Stayed June 2013
Majorca, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel is kitsch and it has broken furniture.
The sleep quality is bad as it is on the main road of Skiathos.
There is no 4 star standards. There is no welcome fruit nor
any detail that make a friendly atmosphere.

I won't come back. This is a vulgar hotel with awful taste.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SkiathosMagic, Manager at Magic Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and for staying at our hotel.
We are very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.
If we had been aware of the broken furniture we would have replaced it for you.
With regards the unfriendly atmosphere, we are deeply sorry you felt this way about our hotel as we pride ourselves in our friendliness towards all our guests.
Once again, we are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and hope you will still recommend our beautiful island to all your friends and family.
Nikos Anagnostou
Boldon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

What a great hotel! Can't be beaten on Skiathos. Great staff, service and location - really fabulous. Myself and my partner Dave had a lovely 2 weeks staying with Monica and Nikos at The Magic Hotel. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, Julian was a star, getting us lovely poached eggs or omelettes each morning, wonderful !! Genuinely lovely people - we will be back. Sue & Dave

Room Tip: All the rooms have fantastic views, a few stairs to climb to get to them but it's well worth it...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Magic Hotel? Share your experiences!