“I'll be back.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carr House Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ampleforth
Carr House Farm
You added Carr House Farm to your Saves list
Ampleforth, Ampleforth YO62 4ED, England   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Ampleforth B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
High Peak
“I'll be back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

An idyllic 16th century Farm House set in a beautifull location on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors. Within easy reach of Thirsk for the racing, Whitby for the sea and Castle howard, one of the many historic houses in the area. All this was added to by the warm and friendly hosts, Anna and Jack, who could not have been more welcoming.
Anna's breakfast was magnificient in itself with more than enough good home cooked fare to keep you going untill evening when you find yourself surrounded by excelent eating establishments which Anna is only too happy to book for you.Our first visit to the area and one we will repeat in the not to distant future

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kirk Deighton, North Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

A romantics paradise. My wife and I spent two wonderful nights at Carr House Farm. The rooms are spacious and each have their own on-suite. Anna and Jack the propriorters are fantastic they make you feel welcome from the offset. The farmhouse is set in beautiful countryside with the Market town of Helmsley close by. There are many good pubs within the vacinity of Carr House that offer a range of good food ranging from Pub Food to A la carte. Anna and Jack even allowed my Wife and I to take two of their dogs for a walk which was brilliant. A real treat that I would thoroughly recommend to anyone to visit. We are planning our next visit already. A truly hidden gem. Thank you to Anna and Jack for making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

Prior to our visit to Carr House, Anna was extremely helpful in helping organise two reservations at two must eat local restaurants.

Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by Anna who showed us to our room. I had planned this weekend away for a surprise for my girlfriend; I knew I'd made the right choice in the location and room by her smile as soon as we arrived. The room had a lovely (and comfy) 4-poster bed; modern shower with separate WC/basin. The view was simply beautiful. Anna had kindly baked us some cakes which we had with a fresh brew in our room.
For breakfast, a hearty Yorkshire start to the day, with all the trimmings. We had a chance to chat with other guests along with Anna in their country cottage, right by the fire. This was a nice, leisurely way to take a morning in it's full Yorkshire glory.

We would recommend Carr House to any and all - well worth a visit or two. Thank you both Anna and Jack.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

On arrival, Anna greeted us with a wonderfully warm welcome, and hot snacks brought to our room. Anna has plenty of local knowledge, and gave us advice on where to get a superb massage, and also recommended and booked us in at a local restaurant for dinner.
The view from the room was stunning, and a walk in the surrounding area allowed us to take in the scenery and also see some of the local wildlife (deers).
Breakfast was good quality food, fresh from the aga.
There are plenty of local attractions, we chose to see the abbey, castle and sample some of the local shopping.
I would highly recommend staying here, my Mum and I had a wonderful time. We definitely want to return as soon as we can, and hopefully stay a little longer.

• Stayed March 2010
Sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

Carr House is not only situated in beautiful countryside but the b and b itself oozes charm. We had a lovely comfortable room with great views. The owners had thought of everything, even putting a first aid kit in the room should we need it. Anna was very hospitable and did some great baking.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

Stayed at Carr House Farm the weekend before Christmas, to grab some Christmas Shopping from York, and do a bit of walking in North Yorkshire. With the snowy weather it really felt very special and Christmassy.

Tucked away in the folds of the Hambleton Hills, Carr House Farm is a really lovely 16th century farmhouse that oozes rustic charm. Anna was most welcoming and really friendly and helpful. I couldn't have wished for a more pleasant stay, and all at a really reasonable price.

There are some fantastic walking areas to be had, and some great local attractions to see. I only wish I'd had more time to explore them all! The breakfast was superb and there is plenty of great places to eat locally.

Needless to say, with so much to do, and all in such a beautiful area of the country I won't be able to resist coming back here!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
cambridgeshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

Carr House is a beautiful old farmhouse in a great location for exploring the North Yorks Moors, plenty to see and do in the area. Anna is a terrific host, giving lots of information on places to visit and to eat and she cooks a lovely breakfast. Great value, i just loved the room we stayed in.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Carr House Farm? Share your experiences!