“FANTASTIC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lanes Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Coker
Lanes Hotel
You added Lanes Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   High St, West Coker BA22 9AJ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Coker
“FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My partner brought me here for my 30th and we loved it. We had a warm welcome when we arrived and we were taken to our apartment which was spotless. We had a full body massage in the afternoon which was total bliss. The food is amazing and the waiters/waitresses cannot do enough for you. Breakfast was just as good too. Back to the spa the next afternoon for the most relaxing facial (I would highly recommend if you're having a treatment).
Great value, lovely staff and beautiful hotel. I would stay here again in a flash.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Fleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Booked the Hotel for a girls' weekend away. From the moment we arrived, the staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were large, airy and very clean. The complimentary minibar was an added bonus. I made the booking on the internet having viewed the pictures but the pictures do not do it justice - the Hotel is far better than I imagined. The food was excellent, the breakfast was very generous and again, the service was fantastic. The cost of drinks was a huge surprise too, very reasonable and not ripped off like other hotels. All in all, a fantastic night's stay and at a very, very reasonable price - in fact, it feels like you are staying in a 5* + hotel but not the price of one. I loved this Hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Ascot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

From the minute we arrived the service was welcoming and friendly. The room was like a suite with a balcony view with free access to the spa, an ipod doc and a complimentary mini-bar. In the evening locals are in the bar as well as visitors so there is a very friendly feel to the bar. The breakfast was also very good. The building is beautiful and the location is perfect as you are right in the centre of West Coker, which is a lovely village and five minutes from Yeovil if you need or want to go in to town.
I have no concerns recommending this hotel and cannot think of any real criticisms. Here are just a few picky things. The ipod doc didn't seem to work very well and our iron was chucking water out as there was no lid on it's spout. But in both cases, service were very happy to help and replaced them quickly and you can't ask for any more than that.
The only other thing I can think of is the room could do with air conditioning or at least a fan. However, if I had asked them, they probably would have brought a fan up. The bathroom was lovely but in our room the shower was in the bath and the shower head is positioned in such a way that it sprays over the floor outside the bath

Room Tip: We had a lovely room/suite upstairs at the front of the hotel. We seemed to get all the sun, the ro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Yeovil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I live in the village of West Coker so use Lanes as my local (feel rather privileged to do so) but have also stayed the odd night at Lanes to treat ourselves. I love everything about the place, the ambience is always buzzing, staff always (usually!) happy to help, food is amazing, modern, clean & well equipped rooms ....need I go on?!
Reading the few bad reviews annoyed me and just wanted to let you all know that this is perhaps one of the most beautiful, relaxed and comfortable hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying in.......this is coming from someone who has stayed at Chewton Glen (overpriced and unless you are a millionaire you feel terribly out of place!). I have always felt welcomed and at ease at Lanes and this is important for you to be able to enjoy your stay.
Overall, I wish I lived further away so I could stay here more often.... I LOVE LANES!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the bank holiday weekend in May. I had not checked tripadvisor prior to going, which I normally do. The hotel is very attractive, modern architecture mixed beautifully with old world. The public rooms are modern, light and attractive. Our room had a nice big window looking out to the front. I thought it would be noisy as we were above the front door, but it was very quiet and peaceful. The room was nice, comfy beds, quality towels and bed linen. The minibar in the room was compimentary - which is rare and lovely to have - had water, juice, coke and beer in, plus some chocolate. The staff are great, very courteous and attentive. The prices in the bar are very reasonable , and they fill your champagne glass to the brim!!
The menu is okay, but the food is only average, which is the only downside of our visit here, but as the deals for the rooms are good, so you have to accept that maybe it's not going to be perfect. If they could sort out the food it coulld be 5 star.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here when my wife bought a surprise weekend break for us ( her more i think lol ).
I thoroughly enjoyed the modern feel of the hotel and i would highly recommend the food and bar.
Very very nice, very relaxed and will hope to go back again.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed for 1 night with my husband at the Lanes Hotel in West Coker in May 2013. The public areas of the hotel are clean and well maintained and full of modern art. Our room was in the annex and very quiet. The bed was very comfortable, and the room clean and modern, but it's all the extras that make this hotel so special. Things like the hospitality tray and complimentary mini bar in our room, the complimentary hot drinks machine in the corridor, a computer for guests to use plus free wifi that really make this hotel so charming. There is so much attention to detail throughout the hotel and the service from the staff is excellent. The owners are very accommodating - we actually arrived earlier than we had anticipated but this was not a problem and we were shown straight to our room. We used the jacuzzi and the sauna but not the gym. Bath robes are provided in the room and clean towels available in the spa. There is also a charming, well manicured garden with outdoor seating and a croquet set.
The hotel bar is always buzzing on a Saturday evening. Generally the food at dinner was good, although there was room for improvement (but only slightly) with some of the dishes. Breakfast is cooked to order and there is also a buffet of cereals, home made fruit compote and yogurts plus breads and pastries to choose from. Breakfast is served from 8.30am to 10am at the weekend, although I do feel it would be nice if it was until 10.30am on a Saturday and Sunday.
This was our fourth stay at the hotel and it's just perfect for a romantic getaway in the country.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lanes Hotel? Share your experiences!